Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    What...what's this? A new Phantasy Star game? In the same universe of an active online game they are currently supporting? I don't get it...why not just add whatever it is that's going to be in this game to PSO2 as more content?

I mean I'm sure I'll buy it anyway but...I just don't get it.

/confused
    My guess is the offline factor. We're all familiar with what happened to PSO1 when you could go offline at will.

By separating the two games they remove the possibility of editing saves and all kinds of other hacking issues running rampant. The offline game is distinctly separate, and worst case scenario? Some kids share their hacked items via local multiplayer on what seems to essentially be a large promo for PSO2.

Anyway, from what I was able to tell in the video this is basically Phantasy Star: Voyager? Because I won't complain if it is.

It's geared towards single player, adding a single player feature into PSO2 like PSO would open the question of why? It's already free to play.

I liked the way the Portable's stories were told, so without restraint I can't wait to see what this is gonna be slamming out. Also with gameplay it does prolly carry over some of PSO2 basic controls, as it was seen in that few mini seconds of a video they showed.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    no phantasy star online game has a good story
    Well from my previous 3 posts, yeah I was already pretty sure this one wouldn't be any different. For the 4th time "mediocre story" at best. (hell not just for this series but a lot of recent JRPG's.)

My point was I play them for the online part.

And just for having PSO2's setting AND having no online play... I think any long time PSO2 player would have to be crazy or a masochist to think this will be worth buying a vita for. @_@

Then if the story doesn't suck. Then it may as well be another game, probably still not worth getting a vita for especially because we'll never get it in english. It looks like it was made just so it could sell by having phantasy star's name on it because they just got "500k" players that they like to brag about every chance they get when advertising.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

all I can say is can't please everyone I guess

Anyone who thinks this game will play any different than PSO2 is delusional. Why put all the story online in the same version when you can release extra chapters and charge for it? It's the same as PSU and PSP/2/i all over again.

Very, very nice. I am happy seeing more titles for the series released. I think SEGA finally realized how much they can make of the series. I wouldn't mind if this was a trend that continued.

From the trailer, it DOES look more story-centric, and I wouldn't be surprised if the the world were to feature only new areas and content as a whole, even if the gameplay turns out to be similar if not almost the same. The trailers show only one Arks Ship... Remember the talk about one of the ARKs fleet's science vessels going missing in the past? This strikes me as that very ship.

So yeah, I am hyped and think this game will be entirely seperate from the main series, aka PSO2. Heck, I'd bet on it. This is gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Anyone who thinks this game will play any different than PSO2 is delusional. Why put all the story online in the same version when you can release extra chapters and charge for it? It's the same as PSU and PSP/2/i all over again.
    so basically you are saying that because you think that psu was shit, so were the portable titles? thats not how stuff works
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Video was interesting. Ship hovering over/next to the planet like that reminded me of PSO.
    Player ID: Skycross
    Characters: Valifor || Reza || Kamika
    Ship: 2

I never said I think PSU is shit, I enjoyed PSU as much as any other game in this series, but what sucked was that you had to play through 4 different games in different systems to follow the same story.

New PS game with tri ace developers? Nice.

Vita exclusive? Too bad.