Page 25 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835751255251025 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    Another Braver question (sorry) but is snatch step a good skill to invest in? I've tried it before and i see step attack a better option and SS just a waste. Am i right or am I *cough* doing it wrong?
    From what I know, snatch step allows damage to be done just by stepping and step attack requires you to attack in order to do damage during stepping.

I love snatch step because sometimes when i get frustrated by the number of enemies around me i just start stepping everywhere doing damage and avoiding getting hit. Maybe I'm just crazy.
    Ship 2 - Something Legit
    Pugas...BR..70..HU..66
    Maria....TE..70..BR..52
    Aiden....RA..52..HU..28

Humm, that makes a little sense. There we times where I don't know where enemies are and I happen to step into them and kill them. Maybe it is useful...
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

I asked this in a related thread, but it looks like that thread will die.

I've been playing with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics.

The game runs okay with simple shaders at 1024x600, but my FPS drops to basically 0 during MPAs, certain weapon switches (mine or others), and that stupid desert/quarry dust storm effect.

It seems like a lot of people at pso-world tend to run integrated graphics, so I'll ask here: is there any way to make those effect play more nicely with my setup?

I didn't find anything good about Snatch Step. It is marginally more useful than Step Attack when using Bullet Bow, but the damage you do with it is laughable, and it doesn't seem to have any other uses, like the JA that you get from Step Attack.

So, unless I'm missing something, you are better off skipping the skill altogether. However, something tells me that they'll either buff its range or add another skill that requires you to invest into Snatch Step soon. Though the latter is less likely, since Sega seems more interested in making Braver's skill tree focus on bow and katana gimmicks.

Quote Originally Posted by locafoca View Post
    I asked this in a related thread, but it looks like that thread will die.

I've been playing with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics.

The game runs okay with simple shaders at 1024x600, but my FPS drops to basically 0 during MPAs, certain weapon switches (mine or others), and that stupid desert/quarry dust storm effect.

It seems like a lot of people at pso-world tend to run integrated graphics, so I'll ask here: is there any way to make those effect play more nicely with my setup?
    ^uhhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    I didn't find anything good about Snatch Step. It is marginally more useful than Step Attack when using Bullet Bow, but the damage you do with it is laughable, and it doesn't seem to have any other uses, like the JA that you get from Step Attack.

So, unless I'm missing something, you are better off skipping the skill altogether. However, something tells me that they'll either buff its range or add another skill that requires you to invest into Snatch Step soon. Though the latter is less likely, since Sega seems more interested in making Braver's skill tree focus on bow and katana gimmicks.
    Ok, sounds about right. I just always felt that extra point could go into something more usefull.
    Last edited by Cayenne; Sep 19, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Will work for Scape Dolls and Super Star Atomizers.

Quote Originally Posted by sekkai View Post
    Is there any merit going Ra/Fi instead of Ra/hu?
    None. Chase will not apply to your gun PAs (with two possible exceptions: Parallel Slider's and Impact Slider's physical kicks). Stance dancing, or being forced to hug one side of an enemy or face the task of changing between brave & wise stance and the 60 second cooldowns they have between activations, will massively hinder your damage. Not to mention hunter offers strictly superior damage, better base ratk, and better hp.

The one single advantage fighter could possibly offer is crazy heart - 2x PP recovery when under the influence of a status effect. Adrenaline offers +20-30 seconds per S&D pulse, up to the caster's cap. Ha ha ha, no, fighter doesn't offer anything better than hunter as a sub for ranger.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post

Snatch step offers a smidgen of damage (lol), a chance to inflict an SE or bind if you have fighter in the mix (I know it inflicts SEs, not 100% on chase bind), and more importantly it flinches enemies. If you're stepping chances are high you're trying to avoid damage or inflict flinch. Snatch step offers a slight bit of protection in the form of offense - the same way step attacking offers a slight bit of protection in the form of offense by flinching enemies. Interrupting an attack is always useful, and snatch step is just another way to do that.

For 1 SP you can't go wrong at all. A lot of people talk down about it, but in small groups it's nice to have that one extra way to guard yourself with properly timed flinching.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 19, 2013 at 04:20 PM.

Any word on what level we'll need to be to get into Super Hard?

I don't believe so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Snatch step offers a smidgen of damage (lol), a chance to inflict an SE or bind if you have fighter in the mix (I know it inflicts SEs, not 100% on chase bind), and more importantly it flinches enemies. If you're stepping chances are high you're trying to avoid damage or inflict flinch. Snatch step offers a slight bit of protection in the form of offense - the same way step attacking offers a slight bit of protection in the form of offense by flinching enemies. Interrupting an attack is always useful, and snatch step is just another way to do that.

For 1 SP you can't go wrong at all. A lot of people talk down about it, but in small groups it's nice to have that one extra way to guard yourself with properly timed flinching.
    Heh, good point with Fighter. As for flinching, to be honest, I haven't noticed enemies flinching much ever since leaving Hard - Carina's regular attack used to be very noticeable in my early Force days, but not anymore, not even in forest.

Yeah, you can use it to interrupt attacks. It's not useful all of the time, but when you're in a bind and about to me flinchlocked to death it's very handy. Let's say you have a wave of set sadinians chasing you down, and you can't even get off one attack - you don't need to! Dodging directly into them forces them all to flinch, which is all the opening you needed.

It's not the most powerful flinch, but it interrupts a number of other things. You can stop a fordran's stomp charge with it too, for instance.