Is that right? So I guess it'd be better to settle for 12?

Yeah, I was under the assumption that once you started with Silva mats you'd get a damage reduction, but if Gold mats don't have the reduced variance that's stupid because it discourages going past certain extensions based on the rarity of the weapon.

So I'm thinking of trying Te/Br but I have a few questions first...

1) Does attack advance (normal hit up 50%) count towards the wand hit AND the wand gear tech explosion, or just the wand hit?

2) Does weak stance apply to the tech explosion from wand gear?

3) If it does, does it apply twice if I am hitting a weak point with elemental weakness damage?

4) In your opinion, would average stance be a better choice considering it applies to both the wand hit and wand gear tech explosion?

Thanks in advance!

I got another question, do sword, partizan and knuckle gear increase damage at all, and if so by how much when full?

Quote Originally Posted by bLOODSAW View Post
    So I'm thinking of trying Te/Br but I have a few questions first...

1) Does attack advance (normal hit up 50%) count towards the wand hit AND the wand gear tech explosion, or just the wand hit?

3) If it does, does it apply twice if I am hitting a weak point with elemental weakness damage?

4) In your opinion, would average stance be a better choice considering it applies to both the wand hit and wand gear tech explosion?

Thanks in advance!
    1) I believe it only counts toward the melee attack, and if I recall, it also doesn't proc when using Snatch Step.

2) Yes, if the elements match it will proc.

3) Yes, it should proc on both the melee hit and the explosion.

4) If you are matching elements, WS would still be better, plus it gives a good boost to matching Techs and head-shots are relatively easy to get with most enemies even with a Wand smack.

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect / elaborate further if needed.
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 8, 2015 at 06:12 PM.

@Gold crafts: Obviously they do have the reduced damage variance, the idea of them not having it is purely fictional.

Quote Originally Posted by bLOODSAW View Post

1) Wand hit only, doesn't apply to wand Step Attack.
    2) Yes.
    3) No. You will get Weak Stance for both parts of the attack, but WG does not double dip the damage bonus.
    4) No.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshun View Post
    I got another question, do sword, partizan and knuckle gear increase damage at all, and if so by how much when full?
    Sword Gear: Varies case by case for each PA. For example, Rising Edge does not get a damage increase, but Sonic Arrow gets a 50% damage boost at Gear 3.
    Partisan Gear: All PAs except for Sacred Skewer and Volg Raptor gain a 10% increase in damage. Sacred Skewer gains a 20% damage increase, Volg Raptor does not get a damage increase.
    Knuckle Gear: Backhand Smash gains a damage increase at gear 3, the other PAs do not get damage increases at all.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Sep 8, 2015 at 06:16 PM.

Thank you kindly for your answers Anduril and LonelyGaruga.

When doing AC scratch do gold cards give you everything for a particular costume if its supposed to have it? for example does a character specific outfit from gold also include hairstyle and additional accessories to complete that particular costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
    When doing AC scratch do gold cards give you everything for a particular costume if its supposed to have it? for example does a character specific outfit from gold also include hairstyle and additional accessories to complete that particular costume?
    Most times, yes, though there are exceptions, for example, in the Guilty Gear scratch, two outfit sets only include the costume and the hairstyle and not the accessories or camos. Typically, the item boxes will only include a total of two or three items.
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 8, 2015 at 10:45 PM.