Page 554 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 5445450454455155255355455555655756460465410541554 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 46801

technically, Bow Braver isn't that bad.

it's just really bad at Crowd Controlling compared to everything else.

then adding Weak Stance and Weak Hit Advance (btw, max the Weak Hit Advance 1 and 2 1st before standing snipe.) just makes it more worse at crowd control due to needing to hit weak spots (that's really tedious using a bow compared to using launchers.) for decent damage.

Bow Br/Ra shines when it comes to Instant killing bosses in mere seconds since it can do the most burst damage above all classes, maybe except Gu/Ra cause Chain WB can also do Burst damage.

you can use Penetrating Arrow and hope to head shot everything that passes through it or charge another.
    Last edited by WildarmsRE5; Apr 17, 2014 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikikiki View Post
    u wot m8
    LOL my bad. Didn't really read that much into the new bow skill apparently*

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

Does having step attack on a subclass(like Braver or Hunter) while you're a ranger, gunner, or force affect how your dodge works?

Would a force inflict damage on their mirage escape, or would their dodge become the same as a hunter's, or is it only in effect when they've equipped a hunter weapon?

I am mainly asking because I see for the Gunner/Hunter build, they recommend getting Step Attack on the Hunter subclass... but would that be useless if I only plan to use gun weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetur View Post
    Couldn't find an answer searching with Google, so wanted to ask here...

Does the dialogue answer choices from story quests affect anything? I've tried choosing different ones on different characters, but it doesn't seem to do anything differently, unless it's something later in the game.
    Will this affect the story eventually in any way, or give good/bad endings, or is it just there for our own preference?

PS: This thread should be stickied.
    Also, still hoping someone can answer this...
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

Quote Originally Posted by Vetur View Post
    Does having step attack on a subclass(like Braver or Hunter) while you're a ranger, gunner, or force affect how your dodge works?

Would a force inflict damage on their mirage escape, or would their dodge become the same as a hunter's, or is it only in effect when they've equipped a hunter weapon?

I am mainly asking because I see for the Gunner/Hunter build, they recommend getting Step Attack on the Hunter subclass... but would that be useless if I only plan to use gun weapons?
    1) no

2) no, unless you happen to have Wand Reactor, which turns the wand dodge skill into step and also allows step attacking using a wand. (btw, wand =/= rods)

melee weapon dodge are always step. (excluding bow)

ranged weapons (aside from bow) have dive roll as dodge.

tech weapons (aside from wands if you have wand reactor, otherwise it's the same dodge.) have mirage escape as their dodge.

3) that won't be useless if you plan on using a all class twin dagger and use its step attack to gain distance, apparently dashing is mandatory nowadays.

As said, the dodge/evasion is tied to the weapon type, not the class.

Swords have step. Always.

Rifles have dodge roll. Always.

So on and so forth. Step advance will work on any weapon with step. Just Reversal will work on any weapon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WildarmsRE5 View Post
    1)
    3) that won't be useless if you plan on using a all class twin dagger and use its step attack to gain distance, apparently dashing is mandatory nowadays.
    Oh, so the main purpose of getting it would be for the speed for things like TACOs? I guess I will try and see if I can get them then. xD
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

I was thinking of picking this game up again. If anyone wants the take a potshot at these questions, please feel free.

• I remember the skill tree tools and sites like Bumped. Have any other useful tools popped up since the retain launch?
    • How is Ranger now? Still a challenge to solo with? Has the meta shifted at all?
    • There was a small English community on Ship 06, is this still the case?

Hopefully that isn't too many questions. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightingale- View Post
    I was thinking of picking this game up again. If anyone wants the take a potshot at these questions, please feel free.

• I remember the skill tree tools and sites like Bumped. Have any other useful tools popped up since the retain launch?
    • How is Ranger now? Still a challenge to solo with? Has the meta shifted at all?
    • There was a small English community on Ship 06, is this still the case?

Hopefully that isn't too many questions. Thank you for your time.
    1. Bumped and Cirnopedia, are probably your best resources now. The skill tree website is still up, and other than that I think the only new useful tool like that is the affixing simulator: http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/
    2. Rangers are decently strong these days, however they're completely outclassed by Br/Hu and Gu/Hu. They completely destroy bosses, but they're not the best at taking out trash mobs right now. Rangers are getting buffed next week though with 70 cap, which should substantial help them out. I'm expecting them to be one of the new OP bandwagon classes.
    3. I believe Ship 06 still has a small English community. The major English players are still at Ship 10 or 02 still though.

Thank you, nathanielzor.

It looks like, based on Cirnopedia, things have become much more complex over the last year. I imagine it will take some time to get up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightingale- View Post
    Thank you, nathanielzor.

It looks like, based on Cirnopedia, things have become much more complex over the last year. I imagine it will take some time to get up to speed.

I'd suggest going through the ARKs Road quests. It did help a bit with getting me up to speed when the Support Partners came out.

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/arks_road.php