Megid and Ilmegid are good for general mobbing. Megid is a lot more useful than Ilmegid in Shironia due to most Shironia mobs having weak points and a ton of HP and/or damage resistance. Ilmegid is expensive and weak, but hits lots of enemies per cast. Uncharged Namegid does about triple a charged Megid's damage so you can use that for single target mobbing. Gimegid and Ramegid are suitable for Zondeel combos. Samegid can be used for single targets like Namegid, but it's mostly restricted to wide enemies like Windira (which it can usually one-two shot).

Light isn't very good for mobbing since fire/ice/lightning/wind all do mobbing better, and light is only effective against darkers. But it's good for Cradle of Darkness since every spawn encounter is mixed. Light has Grants for precisely targeting weak points (mainly useful for Micda because of their shell), Gigrants and Nagrants both combo well with Zondeel (Gigrants kills stuff faster but Nagrants will continue hitting enemies as they spawn, does more damage per use, and costs less PP). Ilgrants can be used similarly to Namegid and usually takes out mobs in one-two hits again. Ragrants is basically restricted to bulky targets at close range, but wipes them out faster than anything else thanks to its ridiculously low charge time when crafted.

Elysion Sazan would be cool, but without that, wind is basically Sazan and Ilzan for mobbing, and Ilzan is really weak. So its only notable mobbing quality is a strong, cheap auto-target tech. Gizan would be cool if its range wasn't so bad, and the damage wasn't concentrated in the final hit (final hit does more damage than the first four combined, 10 * 4 + 60).

Really up to you, but if you're stuck with one tree, I'd suggest going light just for having Ragrants to boss, since Ragrants is one of the best boss killers against darkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Any techs I should be using? Dark has Ilmegid, I guess. Light has Gigrants..?
    Depends on what you fight, Dark Vibrace, Megatsu, Il Grant start, at close range, Ragrants, etc.

Dark all the spell have their use.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I was wondering if there's any way to participate in that 7-11 stamp thing from outside of japan. I'm not even sure how it works, but I'm assuming no? Hoping maybe that there's a work around as I've been wanting rukmin for a year and a half. I figure it'll be either binded or ridiculously expensive if not.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Did you login prior the event?
    I did, but oh well, it's not a big deal. Maybe I picked up the reward with out remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis419 View Post
    I was wondering if there's any way to participate in that 7-11 stamp thing from outside of japan. I'm not even sure how it works, but I'm assuming no? Hoping maybe that there's a work around as I've been wanting rukmin for a year and a half. I figure it'll be either binded or ridiculously expensive if not.
    It's a event that you have to participate in physical store in Japan.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurim View Post
    Can I have a puppy?
    Only if you promise to feed it monomates everyday.

Actual question: Anyone have a list of or link to all the currently available NPC partners?
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 5, 2015 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post

Actual question: Anyone have a list of or link to all the currently available NPC partners?
    Is this what youre looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    Is this what youre looking for?
    Yes-ish, but I've been wary of Cirno being completely up to date on things other than weapons lately. Either way, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Yes-ish, but I've been wary of Cirno being completely up to date on things other than weapons lately. Either way, thanks.
    Well it includes Katori and Saga, so there shouldnt be any changes since that.