Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    By looking at the Craft shops, it would seem that effects are random, so even I were to buy 1, I can't be certain that I'll be getting Rare Drop Boost.

So this raises a new question as well as one of the previous one:

1- If I don't get the effect that I want, can I overwrite it with another one or must I wait the entire 6~7 days of usage?

2- What's the % boost of using Rare Drop Boost 5 on a unit?
    The effect you get when you update your data drive is the effect you get every time you create a timed ability. So if you request a timed ability for someone who has rare drop up you will always get rare drop up.

Also crafting a timed ability gives you a consumable item you use to apply it to the unit you are currently wearing, so if for some reason it comes out as something you don't want you don't have to apply it. Not sure about the % increase though

By looking at the Craft shops, it would seem that effects are random, so even I were to buy 1, I can't be certain that I'll be getting Rare Drop Boost.

So this raises a new question as well as one of the previous one:

1- If I don't get the effect that I want, can I overwrite it with another one or must I wait the entire 6~7 days of usage?

2- What's the % boost of using Rare Drop Boost 5 on a unit?
    It seems that you misunderstand something.

Recipe ------Update------> Data Drive ------Create------> Timed Ability Data ------Use------> Timed Ability

A recipe contains area, level of main effect, range of which sub-effects can take.
    A Data Drive contains area, type and level of main effect, sub effect(s).
    A Timed Ability Data is a consumable item contains anything a Data Drive has plus a time of effect.

A crafter will keep updating till they get the desired Data Drive (Rare Drop Up plus good sub-effects)
    When you request for a Timed Ability, you request to create, so the effects are constant and determined by the Data Drive the crafter has.
    Thus, you can just look for a Rare Drop Up, you will certainly get it, no worry.

And to answer your question
    1. Yes, you can overwrite them on your units anytime.
    2. Swiki doesn't seem to got the exact number, it's listed as significant or something
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Does anyone know if the large pyroxene stones we can already get will be the ones we use to get the new 12*s or will they be entirely new stones?
    Get busy living or get busy dying.

Sylpheed - Beast Acrofigher 130/20
    Crimson - CAST Fortegunner 130/20

Quote Originally Posted by Sylpheed View Post
    Does anyone know if the large pyroxene stones we can already get will be the ones we use to get the new 12*s or will they be entirely new stones?
    Current big stones will likely be used for a lot of them unless things change later. However it may not necessarily be what we saw in the videos to the letter.

It's like Sega are purposely not advising which stones.

Worth grinding?
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    It seems that you misunderstand something.

Recipe ------Update------> Data Drive ------Create------> Timed Ability Data ------Use------> Timed Ability

A recipe contains area, level of main effect, range of which sub-effects can take.
    A Data Drive contains area, type and level of main effect, sub effect(s).
    A Timed Ability Data is a consumable item contains anything a Data Drive has plus a time of effect.

A crafter will keep updating till they get the desired Data Drive (Rare Drop Up plus good sub-effects)
    When you request for a Timed Ability, you request to create, so the effects are constant and determined by the Data Drive the crafter has.
    Thus, you can just look for a Rare Drop Up, you will certainly get it, no worry.

And to answer your question
    1. Yes, you can overwrite them on your units anytime.
    2. Swiki doesn't seem to got the exact number, it's listed as significant or something
    Thanks for the reply. Wow this is complicated, let me see if I can make this easy for my brain which is still on vacation. So, I buy this thing here:

Spoiler!

Do I need to do anything sort of crafting on my end to get this to be a Rare Drop Boost or does it depend on the crafter who made me the timed ability?

Thanks for the reply. Wow this is complicated, let me see if I can make this easy for my brain which is still on vacation. So, I buy this thing here:

Spoiler!

Do I need to do anything sort of crafting on my end to get this to be a Rare Drop Boost or does it depend on the crafter who made me the timed ability?
    It depends on the crafter, you don't have to do anything other than pick a crafter with the ability you want.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mildora View Post
    Worth grinding?
    Spoiler!
    less you like sacrifice bite potential then yes.
    I not sure how good it is but a 13 star should be better.
    presumably,
    plus 13 stars are very easy to grind.
    perhaps even less cost but the amount of lambda grinders are usually the issue

How does challenge quest ranking work? .-.?

「insert cool char name and lvl here」
    Ship 7
    Lazy in everything .-.