For Summoner do I take 'Point Assist' at face value?

'Marks enemies that will take increased damage from pets and players.'

Meaning regardless of where I put it on the enemy they will take increased damage on all areas of their body. Or is it like Weak Bullet in that they only take increased damage at that specific spot?

Quote Originally Posted by IchijinKali View Post
    For Summoner do I take 'Point Assist' at face value?

'Marks enemies that will take increased damage from pets and players.'

Meaning regardless of where I put it on the enemy they will take increased damage on all areas of their body. Or is it like Weak Bullet in that they only take increased damage at that specific spot?
    Flat damage boost against a target with any Point marker on it. Doesn't matter where you strike.

EDIT: Wrong skill. Point Assist is basically SU Weak Bullet. Support Fire is the skill that gives you a flat damage boost against any enemy marked by Point Assist.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Not sure if this is something worth making another thread but just to be safe, I'll ask in this thread instead.

I'm still used to using the 2-button setup mouse for my PAs and I'd like to change that and go for the 3-button type to see how much of an improvement it is compared to 2-button. I tried it but my problem is that the mousewheel as the 3rd and 6th button to press is pretty tiring and kind of a hassle for me, especially if I use either my middle finger or my index finger for the mouse wheel.

So my initial thoughts to fix this is problem are to either actually get my hand used to it, or buy an actual gaming mouse and use my thumb for the 3rd/6th button, etc.

Is it worth buying a gaming mouse (or atleast a very cheap one) just to get into 3-button setup?

Also, any suggestions of any gaming mouse you use for 3-button, or any 3-button setup you have (especially while on a gunner. I play almost every class btw), or how you do it on a generic mouse is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Flat damage boost against a target with any Point marker on it. Doesn't matter where you strike.

EDIT: Wrong skill. Point Assist is basically SU Weak Bullet. Support Fire is the skill that gives you a flat damage boost against any enemy marked by Point Assist.
    So if I want other people to get that damage bonus I should still focus it on a weakpoint like with WBs. But when soloing its at my digression.

So if I want other people to get that damage bonus I should still focus it on a weakpoint like with WBs. But when soloing its at my digression.
    Actually, it's always your digression. Point Assist only appears for the caster. Party members and other players in a MPA do not see the Point Assist nor do they get any bonus out of it.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Actually, it's always your digression. Point Assist only appears for the caster. Party members and other players in a MPA do not see the Point Assist nor do they get any bonus out of it.

I think its fair. Ra would become instantly absolete if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkh View Post
    Not sure if this is something worth making another thread but just to be safe, I'll ask in this thread instead.

I'm still used to using the 2-button setup mouse for my PAs and I'd like to change that and go for the 3-button type to see how much of an improvement it is compared to 2-button. I tried it but my problem is that the mousewheel as the 3rd and 6th button to press is pretty tiring and kind of a hassle for me, especially if I use either my middle finger or my index finger for the mouse wheel.

So my initial thoughts to fix this is problem are to either actually get my hand used to it, or buy an actual gaming mouse and use my thumb for the 3rd/6th button, etc.

Is it worth buying a gaming mouse (or atleast a very cheap one) just to get into 3-button setup?

Also, any suggestions of any gaming mouse you use for 3-button, or any 3-button setup you have (especially while on a gunner. I play almost every class btw), or how you do it on a generic mouse is welcome.
    I tried the 3-button setup back when it was released, I had a mouse with a 3rd mouse button so it was pretty easy to press it as I mapped it to essentially function the same as a Left Shift (PSO2 actually has custom mouse button mapping feature in game, you actually don't really need a 3rd party software for it). It's pretty decent for classes that don't utilize combo, but if you're used to the combo PA style, it might be troublesome to get used to your controls all over again. It does offer PA flexibility however since you can choose your PAs instead of relying on combos, so there's that bright side.

Since the 3-button setup ruins everything by being universal and not allowing individual class setups, I went back to the good old 2-button setup because it wasn't really a huge gamechanger for me and I just can't bother to reset my subconscious preference for combos anyway. So I would say, if you don't have a gaming mouse already, I would say not really worth a purchase just for the 3-button setup.

Then again, considering PSO2 is an MMO with some classes (tech classes actually) requiring a lot of tech casting from the subpalette, if you want to, might as well buy an MMO mouse for the QoL. Logitech G600 is an MMO mouse with 12 side + more programmable buttons, and also has 3rd finger button, so you can try that. Many units tend to have a double-click issue after long use however, but I liked it so much I bought a 2nd one anyway.

Haven't been playing actively since late December, but since Support Fire got that buff, it seems to have comparable damage to a Hu sub, and is actually makes Su sub a decent alternative to the Hu sub. People are still gonna go "Ew, no." as I say that, but people might want to realize it's not early 2016 anymore, things are slightly different now. The damage is actually pretty close to a Hu sub when Support Fire (Point Assist) is active, it has virtually no downtime as long as you remember to keep it up, you gain tech assess as a bonus, you gain all 3 types of attack bonuses (S/R/T), that Def and HP Up makes you pretty tanky and you get constant HP regeneration every few seconds.
    Last edited by THRINE4; Feb 15, 2017 at 11:53 PM.

I think you guys mean "Discretion"...

Quote Originally Posted by Volkh View Post

It doesn't have to be a "gaming mouse" per se that you should use/buy/acquire/get-your-hands-on, unless you really want/need one and play other games. You can just get a relatively cheap and "simple" mouse that features Side Buttons so you can - as you adequately put - use your thumb for that 3rd/6th button instead of your index finger for that cumbersome mouse wheel; I will tell you from personal experience that it's much more convenient, natural, and makes a world of difference.

And yes, using the 3-Button Type is a game-changer if you play melee, particularly for FiHu , but not so much for BrHu.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Feb 16, 2017 at 12:05 AM.