fair nuff, rolling a bit over 1000 hp anyway so i guess ive just been getting it up the butt by latency or whatever

Reading the gix potential from jp wiki on how it works is that for most melee weapons, the damage resets to 6% when a mate item is used and it gives 0.2% more damage every second passed, reaching up to 20% more damage bonus in total on 70 seconds.

Assuming you didn't get hit at all so the pot didn't reset or for example, the quest just started or you just switched from a different weapon to a gix weapon, does it still give 0.2% more damage every second passed or does it give a different percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by Volkh View Post
    Reading the gix potential from jp wiki on how it works is that for most melee weapons, the damage resets to 6% when a mate item is used and it gives 0.2% more damage every second passed, reaching up to 20% more damage bonus in total on 70 seconds.

Assuming you didn't get hit at all so the pot didn't reset or for example, the quest just started or you just switched from a different weapon to a gix weapon, does it still give 0.2% more damage every second passed or does it give a different percentage?
    if you switch to Gix, starts at 6%
    if you from Gix to another weapon it resets
    if you switch from Gix to Gix it resets

it doesnt matter if you have the full dmg built up, if you switch, it resets (or trigger its pot reset condition)

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    if you switch to Gix, starts at 6%
    if you from Gix to another weapon it resets
    if you switch from Gix to Gix it resets

it doesnt matter if you have the full dmg built up, if you switch, it resets (or trigger its pot reset condition)
    Oh okay, so no matter what happens, using gix automatically starts at 6%. I thought it starts to 0% up to 20% and it only resets/starts at 6% when you get hit/use mirage step/use mate items.

Thanks for clearing that up!

EDIT: okay maybe I should be more clearer on what I said earlier. When you say "reset" you mean "0%" right?
    Last edited by Volkh; Mar 1, 2017 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkh View Post
    Oh okay, so no matter what happens, using gix automatically starts at 6%. I thought it starts to 0% up to 20% and it only resets/starts at 6% when you get hit/use mirage step/use mate items.

Thanks for clearing that up!

EDIT: okay maybe I should be more clearer on what I said earlier. When you say "reset" you mean "0%" right?
    Ya, everytime it resets or you switch it starts from 6%

you can use Atomizers or Resta to avoid the reset too

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Ya, everytime it resets or you switch it starts from 6%

you can use Atomizers or Resta to avoid the reset too
    Great! That makes me feel more clearer and more comfortable on what I'll be using for end-game.

what's the best and low cost affix for katana? (4s-5s)

also i need a step by step guide if possible cause i dont know much about affixing (1st affixing i'm gonna do, so)

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post

also i need a step by step guide if possible cause i dont know much about affixing (1st affixing i'm gonna do, so)
    4slot Should be Act the Soul (Or Bayari or Leon Soul or Deadleon), Modulator, Alter/Flict arma, Power IV for 120 atk

for 5th slot and as you say you seek cheap affixing, I would say Ability III (if you don't plan to upslot later) or a fever (Love/Lovey)

For affixing process, Selphea's guide is your friend
    http://fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/
    You could check RSOD post too
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...P-affix-recipe

I (lazy) affixed yesterday my Astra katana to 115/8 5s
    Act the soul, Modulator, Pow/Spi IV and Ability III . Spent around 3/4m but it's because Dudu was a betch...

Edit: because wrong quote
    Last edited by Masu; Mar 2, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post

Depends on if you value PP over ATK or you want to go full ATK and have no PP or anything in between. The usual stuffs people put on their weapons:

- Soul (ATK, may or may not contain PP)
    - Attack stats (ATK)
    - Spirita (PP)
    - Stigma (PP, interchangeable with Spirita 4)
    - Ability III (ATK)
    - Fever (low ATK and PP, 100% base rate)
    - Flict/Arma (expensive, ATK and PP)
    - Modulator (expensive, ATK)
    - Doom Break (ATK and PP, may be getting expensive because Odin drop)
    - Boosters (expensive, 100% base rate)
    - Sentence Strike (upper Flict, requires sacrificing a +35 Gix)

Pick what you want from the list above and go with whatever you want. Just keep PP in mind instead of going full ATK and leave yourself with no PP.

If you want super budget, go with Soul/Pow3/Sp3/Fever. I normally go for something like Soul/P4/Sp4/(special)/(special), where the second 2 special is anything from the above list below Fever (minus Sentence, no melee Gix at +35).
    Last edited by Alenoir; Mar 2, 2017 at 01:30 PM.

Do class cap bonuses I have achieved so far on my account apply to new characters I make on the account?