So I was curious, does anyone know if Friend Partners use Customized Skills or Ring Effects?

Quote Originally Posted by AzurEnd View Post
    So I was curious, does anyone know if Friend Partners use Customized Skills or Ring Effects?
    If you're talking about Type-0 PAs/Techs, they should. If you're talking about Skill Tree, then yes. I do not believe Partners take Rings into account.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

what ever pot i choose for deus 13* when i upgrade it into clipford those pot will instant turn into clipford am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    is there any unit combination of 3 12* units that is atleast, competitive enough to use instead of the austere/union combo?
    That is really hard to define. The first thing you have to understand is that Austere/Union and 12* set are very, very different in terms of what purposes they serve. Austere/Union gives huge stat bonuses while giving one extra Ring, while 12* set gives three extra Rings. Furthermore, the mix-and-match factors of the 12* Units means that there is no "one good combo"; what you think is best comes down to what you want your Units to give you. More ATK, more HP, more PP, a combination, whatever you want. There's such a vast amount of differences between the two sets that it's very hard to compare them.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Anyone know what a good set of units would be for a level 50ish Ranger? I'm still running around with a +10 Fresh Aura and those two subunits they give you right at the start maxed out at +10. It was fine up until Very Hard, but that's about their limit - Super Hard results in me being made of tissue paper, and I'm thinking it's likely because both my armor is a bit under par as well as the fact that I don't have subclasses unlocked.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Anyone know what a good set of units would be for a level 50ish Ranger? I'm still running around with a +10 Fresh Aura and those two subunits they give you right at the start maxed out at +10. It was fine up until Very Hard, but that's about their limit - Super Hard results in me being made of tissue paper, and I'm thinking it's likely because both my armor is a bit under par as well as the fact that I don't have subclasses unlocked.
    Idk how true this still is but I know pre ep4 most people (especially since you could get the set rather easily in Matterboard) used Hiei Set (which is the 7* version of the 11* Set Saiki) that gives a nice boost of HP,Attack and PP across the board.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Idk how true this still is but I know pre ep4 most people (especially since you could get the set rather easily in Matterboard) used Hiei Set (which is the 7* version of the 11* Set Saiki) that gives a nice boost of HP,Attack and PP across the board.
    Alright, when I get home I'll have to look that up and see how it compares to the stuff I'm using. Thanks. I was originally looking at some Calbun set or something, but couldn't find a good mix of units for a decent price. I'd have the armor, but I'd be severely lacking in other stats from attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    what ever pot i choose for deus 13* when i upgrade it into clipford those pot will instant turn into clipford am i right?
    Correct. When Zeinesis are upgraded, its upgraded form only has one latent ability, so whatever you have on Zeinesis gets converted into the Refined Bloom latent (since the game ties latents into your weapon's grind level, and it certainly won't take your current weapon's +30 down to 0)

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Super Hard results in me being made of tissue paper, and I'm thinking it's likely because both my armor is a bit under par as well as the fact that I don't have subclasses unlocked.
    When you get to SH and you don't have 11* or better units, you'll want to look into unit extending. This allows you to boost the stats of any units (not sub units) to 11* values. You can also use special recipes to add bonus stats; 100 hp per unit, 10 pp per unit, or 30 hp+3pp per unit. Extending keeps set bonuses but erases innate bonus stats. Overall extending low rarity units is better because of the added defense. The downside is that it can get pricey.

You should definitely have a subclass at level 50 too. The extra stats will increase your defense and allow you to ear better gear. Hu is a good Ra sub and sub to have in general.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticAura View Post
    When you get to SH and you don't have 11* or better units, you'll want to look into unit extending. This allows you to boost the stats of any units (not sub units) to 11* values. You can also use special recipes to add bonus stats; 100 hp per unit, 10 pp per unit, or 30 hp+3pp per unit. Extending keeps set bonuses but erases innate bonus stats. Overall extending low rarity units is better because of the added defense. The downside is that it can get pricey.

You should definitely have a subclass at level 50 too. The extra stats will increase your defense and allow you to ear better gear. Hu is a good Ra sub and sub to have in general.
    Alright, I'll see if I can somehow boost my Fresh Aura thingy. As for unlocking subclass, any idea when the earliest I can find Brown Bears is? Trying to not go too far into the story for Episode 4 as I'm playing through all of episodes 1-3 and it's a bit slow going. I know they're in one of the newer areas, but I don't want to ruin much of the story for me beyond what the 4-1 mission has you do.