Page 3913 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 2913341338133863390339103911391239133914391539163923396340134413 ... LastLast
Results 39,121 to 39,130 of 46801

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    1. Jellen is "technically" a status, but doesn't qualify for Chase Advance bonus.

2. Jellen is actually one of the few statuses you can use on bosses. It even works on raid bosses. Try using Jellen Shot on Loser.

3. Yes. One's a Special Ability, the other is a Potential. This makes it more potent than it looks at first glance, but you need to unlock its SAF and affix it, and the SAF is practically useless on anything that isn't itself or a Launcher.
    So how frequent does Jellen hit? Also, didn't get that last part, what do you mean by "practically useless on anything that isn't itself or a Launcher.? Won't I be able to inflict Jellen using Techs and/or Rod Shoot?

(S)He meant that unless you put the SAF on the weapon itself or on a launcher (launcher has Jellen shot), then the SAF is completely useless.
    The proc rate of Jellen is part of the potential but I can't remember it right now.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Also, didn't get that last part, what do you mean by "practically useless on anything that isn't itself or a Launcher.? Won't I be able to inflict Jellen using Techs and/or Rod Shoot?
    Altiea is talking about the SAF not being useful on weapons that don't have access to jellen normally, not the weapons being useless for certain weapon types.

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    (S)He meant that unless you put the SAF on the weapon itself or on a launcher (launcher has Jellen shot), then the SAF is completely useless.
    The proc rate of Jellen is part of the potential but I can't remember it right now.
    You can put SAF on something other than a weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Altiea is talking about the SAF not being useful on weapons that don't have access to jellen normally, not the weapons being useless for certain weapon types.
    So you're basically saying that Jellen is not frequent with Basilis Enad, that the 5% boost will rarely be used then and that it's yet just another new weapon that can't beat my nearly 2 year old Austere Rod?
    Last edited by the_importer_; Nov 9, 2017 at 09:32 AM.

So you're basically saying that Jellen is not frequent with Basilis Enad, that the 5% boost will rarely be used then and that it's yet just another new weapon that can't beat my nearly 2 year old Austere Rod?
    I have no idea how good it is compared to Austere, but I think you're mixing things up. The latent is 13% damage and a chance to apply gellen. The Special Ability Factor isn't the latent, it's an affix you unlock by getting a weapon to +35. Once the SAF is unlocked, It's always available when using the weapon for affixing, even as fodder, so you could, theoretically put the 5% damage against enemies with jellen on any weapon. What we're trying to say is that the SAF isn't worth putting on anything that doesn't have easy access to jellen.

To clarify:
    The latent is 13% damage and a chance to apply Jellen on hit.

The special ability factor is +5% damage against enemies with Jellen on them.

EDIT: In terms of raw damage it should be stronger, even without the SAF.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 9, 2017 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    I can say in my friends case yes, confirmed with my own eyes him wearing the units and having the +35 wep. He's redoing H&H as we speak.

Update: he finished, issue still not fixed.
    Did he grab the titles ?

Basilis beat Austere without the jellen thing, better raw stat and 13% dmg versus 12% for Austere.
    Last edited by TheFanaticViper; Nov 9, 2017 at 10:40 AM.
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

I have no idea how good it is compared to Austere, but I think you're mixing things up. The latent is 13% damage and a chance to apply gellen. The Special Ability Factor isn't the latent, it's an affix you unlock by getting a weapon to +35. Once the SAF is unlocked, It's always available when using the weapon for affixing, even as fodder, so you could, theoretically put the 5% damage against enemies with jellen on any weapon. What we're trying to say is that the SAF isn't worth putting on anything that doesn't have easy access to jellen.

To clarify:
    The latent is 13% damage and a chance to apply Jellen on hit.

The special ability factor is +5% damage against enemies with Jellen on them.

EDIT: In terms of raw damage it should be stronger, even without the SAF.
    I understand that part. Buy in my original question was also regarding damage stacking. But if Basilis Enad itself can only apply Jellen on a very random base, then I can't count on it to have my Special Ability Factor on a frequent base, I would require another weapon and switching between it just to apply Jellen, which I don't feel like doing as a Fo/Te because it would break my playstyle.

So if I can only rely on the 13% damage, then it's not worth replacing my Austere Rod with 12% damage and 10% PP recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    Basilis beat Austere without the jellen thing, better raw stat and 13% dmg versus 12% for Austere.
    Sure it is, and if one would just drop in front of my, fully grinded and affixed, I would use it. But I'm not gonna go through the time and cash to make one from scratch for such a minimal upgrade.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Nov 9, 2017 at 10:51 AM.

I understand that part. Buy in my original question was also regarding damage stacking. But if Basilis Enad itself can only apply Jellen on a very random base, then I can't count on it to have my Special Ability Factor on a frequent base, I would require another weapon and switching between it just to apply Jellen, which I don't feel like doing as a Fo/Te because it would break my playstyle.
    According to the s-wiki the chance of applying Jellen is really high.

According to the s-wiki the chance of applying Jellen is really high.
    If its high enough would it be good with tmgs for both gu and hr?
    Hr dumps out hits of damage really fast,i was thinking of putting the jellen SAF on my next Sword and using the tmg to keep up jellen.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    If its high enough would it be good with tmgs for both gu and hr?
    Hr dumps out hits of damage really fast,i was thinking of putting the jellen SAF on my next Sword and using the tmg to keep up jellen.
    The jellen only lasts 10 seconds at level 3, so that doesn't really seem worth it.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 9, 2017 at 11:24 AM.