Page 3920 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 2920342038203870391039173918391939203921392239233930397040204420 ... LastLast
Results 39,191 to 39,200 of 46801

Is Astral Soul actually a thing. I was figuring out how to affix my new weapon and noticed many special abilities that are new for my return, one of them is called Astral Soul, but I can't find any for sell in player shops, so what's the deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Is Astral Soul actually a thing. I was figuring out how to affix my new weapon and noticed many special abilities that are new for my return, one of them is called Astral Soul, but I can't find any for sell in player shops, so what's the deal with that?
    Astral Soul is a thing. +35 ATK, +35 HP, +5 PP. It's notoriously difficult to affix without Special Ability Factor (Ray/Union Series weapons); the process involves:

1. Combine Elder Soul + Loser Soul + Persona Soul + Apprentice Soul + Double Soul = Soul Catalyst (10% base chance to Affix)
    2. Combine 4x Soul Catalyst + 1x Darkness Soul = Astral Soul (60% base chance to affix)

You're probably not seeing them in shops because they're far too valuable to sell, even more valuable than Sentence and Phrase affixes.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Astral Soul is a thing. +35 ATK, +35 HP, +5 PP. It's notoriously difficult to affix without Special Ability Factor (Ray/Union Series weapons); the process involves:

1. Combine Elder Soul + Loser Soul + Persona Soul + Apprentice Soul + Double Soul = Soul Catalyst (10% base chance to Affix)
    2. Combine 4x Soul Catalyst + 1x Darkness Soul = Astral Soul (60% base chance to affix)

You're probably not seeing them in shops because they're far too valuable to sell, even more valuable than Sentence and Phrase affixes.
    JESUS CHRIST!!! And I thought the old Vinculum was a pain to deal with, this is plain crazy, even for a weapon affix. No thanks, I'll stick with Diabo Soul, it's close enough and dirt cheap for a 6 slot weapon.

Speaking of Vinculum, we seem to have a new one called Mother Factor which would give me the same T-ATK as Vinculum, but with an extra 20 HP and 1 PP. Another similarity is the fact that 3 fodder gives 50% before any sort of boost. Anyway to make it 100% success with a 40% boost and no boost week?

JESUS CHRIST!!! And I thought the old Vinculum was a pain to deal with, this is plain crazy, even for a weapon affix. No thanks, I'll stick with Diabo Soul, it's close enough and dirt cheap for a 6 slot weapon.

Speaking of Vinculum, we seem to have a new one called Mother Factor which would give me the same T-ATK as Vinculum, but with an extra 20 HP and 1 PP. Another similarity is the fact that 3 fodder gives 50% before any sort of boost. Anyway to make it 100% success with a 40% boost and no boost week?
    do Ether Factor (involves Deus, Mother, Yamato Factors), its the budget Astral build. only rich people do Astral+Ether factor on units bbb

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    do Ether Factor (involves Deus, Mother, Yamato Factors), its the budget Astral build. only rich people do Astral+Ether factor on units bbb
    Regardless, WTF happened while I was gone that all of a sudden, new abilities that are barely as good as the old one requires you to jump into a bunch of flaming hoops in order to affix them? Unless things that changed in the past 18 months, 25 ATK is only equivalent to about 1% worth of damage, so going from a 175 build to a 200 one with the same amount of slots is not that big of a deal unless you're into dick measuring contests (¬_¬)

Trying to get out the most atk from affixing is a challenge like any other. Just depend if you're up to itor not :v Since we got 40% affix boost, it opened a lot of possibilities. Add to this seasonal 5 or 10% affix boost week and then errrr why not trying? Also SAF made a lot of things easier and cheaper to do.

Full Vegas Soul do boost Mother Factor transfer up to 70%. You can get it from shop, it's not too expensive. Otherwise you usually get this soul from Vegas Illusia.
    Last edited by Masu; Nov 14, 2017 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    Trying to get out the most atk from affixing is a challenge like any other. Just depend if you're up to itor not :v Since we got 40% affix boost, it opened a lot of possibilities. Add to this seasonal 5 or 10% affix boost week and then errrr why not trying? Also SAF made a lot of things easier and cheaper to do.
    I can understand loving personal, non-game changing, goals in games, but that one seems like a lot of trouble. Not saying "don't take advantage of boost week to get better affixes if you have a 4 slot or something", but some of these new abilities seem to ask for a lot while giving little in return compared to the old ones that don't require more than a 20% boost items for a 100% success.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    Full Vegas Soul do boost Mother Factor transfer up to 70%. You can get it from shop, it's not too expensive. Otherwise you usually get this soul from Vegas Illusia.
    Ya, I listed that Soul as shitty on my list. Hard to believe something this weak comes from a somewhat recent boss. Guess they must have been running out of ideas.

well thats because full vegas soul turns into act,till,magi souls if paired with a free field boss soul (ex fang banther quartz dragon zeshrayda etc minibosses dont count) act till magi give same stats as ult souls minus dex but since base is 70% on them they are meant to make same slotting easier (especially at high slot affixing)

the souls that do that are
    toh oh soul
    full vegas soul
    escarde soul

stats on act till magi

+35 stat +3 pp

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    well thats because full vegas soul turns into act,till,magi souls if paired with a free field boss soul (ex fang banther quartz dragon zeshrayda etc minibosses dont count) act till magi give same stats as ult souls minus dex but since base is 70% on them they are meant to make same slotting easier (especially at high slot affixing)

the souls that do that are
    toh oh soul
    full vegas soul
    escarde soul

stats on act till magi

+35 stat +3 pp
    WTF, you can mix souls now? I have been gone a while PSO2 time I guess. So I can have a fodder with Full Vega Soul and use it to boost Mother Factor and have one of them new "Fusion Soul" at the same time?

Fabula Soul is also a combination soul like them. And there is one more combined soul called Ares The Soul that all four can make. This one is +25 all attack, 30 hp, 3 pp