Page 46 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956961465461046 ... LastLast

none, use bootcamp
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    none, use bootcamp
    ^This

Edit: If you don't know how to use Bootcamp, feel free to PM me. I'm not a Mac expert, but I can answer your major questions.
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

Sorry, i'm definitely not going through all the hassle for that.

The current Macbook Pro's don't have disk slots anymore. And USB is out of the question.

That's why I wanted to go with a program like VMware.

it's 2013, creating a new partition from free space in a existing partition is safe and doesn't delete any data, virtual machines are really slow and iirc someone was having troubles with gameguard in the past
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    it's 2013, creating a new partition from free space in a existing partition is safe and doesn't delete any data, virtual machines are really slow and iirc someone was having troubles with gameguard in the past
    True. I'm just a guy who wants to stay on the safe side.

I need to think about it. Because i've really wanted to play this game forever.

Can you guys fill me in on some others things to start playing? Tips, etc?

And no. I'm not getting a controller. How hard is it to play with a keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Topic Cheese View Post
    Sorry, i'm definitely not going through all the hassle for that.

The current Macbook Pro's don't have disk slots anymore. And USB is out of the question.

That's why I wanted to go with a program like VMware.
    Installing Windows from a thumb drive isn't that bad.
    Of course, using a USB CD drive to install Windows doesn't make it ineligible for return at Best Buy.

EDIT:
    True. I'm just a guy who wants to stay on the safe side.

I need to think about it. Because i've really wanted to play this game forever.

Can you guys fill me in on some others things to start playing? Tips, etc?

It's not bad with a KB. Lounging with a controller is best if you ask me, but if you prefer KB and mouse, you will have zero problems.
    Last edited by Jim; Sep 25, 2013 at 02:46 AM.
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Installing Windows from a thumb drive isn't that bad.
    Of course, using a USB CD drive to install Windows doesn't make it ineligible for return at Best Buy.

EDIT:

It's not bad with a KB. Lounging with a controller is best if you ask me, but if you prefer KB and mouse, you will have zero problems.
    I MIGHT go with Bootcamp, I don't know.

You know, I was a really avid KB and Mouse player for like a week or 2, then I finally picked up my controller and played a bit with it. I use the controller 24/7 now. I'd give it a shot. The game feels REALLY nice with a controller in your hand; and I personally wouldn't play FO or HU without one. (But that's just me.) You can also go out and get a cheap Logitech controller for like 25 bucks, and it'll work with pretty much every other game you have on your PC.

With that having been said; the game is by no stretch of the imagination a pain to play with a KB and mouse. It actually feels really good on a keyboard and mouse as well....so...pick your poison I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HanSoto View Post
    You know, I was a really avid KB and Mouse player for like a week or 2, then I finally picked up my controller and played a bit with it. I use the controller 24/7 now. I'd give it a shot. The game feels REALLY nice with a controller in your hand; and I personally wouldn't play FO or HU without one. (But that's just me.) You can also go out and get a cheap Logitech controller for like 25 bucks, and it'll work with pretty much every other game you have on your PC.

With that having been said; the game is by no stretch of the imagination a pain to play with a KB and mouse. It actually feels really good on a keyboard and mouse as well....so...pick your poison I guess.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm an avid mouse user, but PSO just begs for a controller. That's why the controller support is so damn good.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

It's not hard at all. Playing the game with a keyboard works well, if you ask me.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty