Page 652 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 15255260264264965065165265365465566270275211521652 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 46801

Quote Originally Posted by Kokonoe View Post
    Why is Dark Falz called "Loser"?
    DF Luther is written "Loser", but pronounced "Luther". Same with Elder, he's written "Colossus", but pronounced "Elder".

I think the EN patch went with Loser at first because they didn't have the pronunciation when it was translated? It should be changed though.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin_punch View Post
    K. Is there a guide anywhere? I assume the Japanese Wiki has it. Will check when I'm not on my phone.
    To unlock MB 16? I think Cirnopedia has a mostly translated guide to the MB squares, I don't know how updated it is.

Once you get to MB 15, What you need to do to unlock MB 16 is to finish both story mission paths, and also, you need to make a Support Partner if you haven't. Then Xion should give you the new one.

Im going to order the Vita version and was wondering whats the difference between the original and Episode 2? Do i need to order both or can i just order Episode 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Miyavi-sensei View Post
    Im going to order the Vita version and was wondering whats the difference between the original and Episode 2? Do i need to order both or can i just order Episode 2?
    You only need one or the other. So yeah, go ahead and just get ep2.

its literally like impossible to solo the cave boss dragon at level 16 as a hunter. any tips? i cant seem to get the more powerful PAs like Over End or Guilty Breaker at that level

Quote Originally Posted by manthisis View Post
    its literally like impossible to solo the cave boss dragon at level 16 as a hunter. any tips? i cant seem to get the more powerful PAs like Over End or Guilty Breaker at that level
    Its hard and it may take a while, but it should be possible. If its really too much for you, I'd suggest leveling in emergency quests when you can and doing client orders so that you can get to a higher level to fight it. You could also try seeing if you could get help somewhere like block 20 maybe.

Take some time to learn his patterns, and try to either dodge or block them. This stuff takes practice. His weak points are the horns and his tail.

Focus on not taking damage and you'll be in good shape for when you get more powerful stuff in SH.

I would recommend using a grinded gunslash if you're truly having trouble. Just keep yourself at a distance and keep shooting the tail.

My suggestion, use a gunslash so you have access to some range and melee. Also use to npc's or even friend npc's, just bring some cpu help, and I'd suggest since your the hunter, bring rangers and force.

Or you can just look and see if someone is running it and join their party, or even see if someone wants to join yours

The trick with vol dragon is staying mobile. Most hunter PAs - especially early ones - are slow, giving vol time to start a new attack before yours is done.

When the game launched vol was pretty much the toughest boss. Now he's much easier, but that's mostly because of the newer moves. Try buying some of the 6* PAs for the cheap prices, but at a nice level. Some will be pricier than others, so don't feel like you need all of them. Good ones for this would be Wild Round and Cerberus Dance for Wired Lances, which do not need wired lance gear at all to do their best damage, and Over End on his head for when he's regenerating his tail. If you deal enough damage to his head you can stumble him, which will interrupt his tail regeneration. Breaking his tail breaks his armor, which will prevent him from using his flying fireball move until he regenerates it again. You can also just run and stay behind him to avoid it.

Wild Round and Cerberus Dance can both be guard cancelled: If you think you're going to be hit, do this early, not late. Better to cancel a move and take no damage than not cancel a move in time and eat the ground.

Other good moves are Ride Slasher (sword gear preferred for faster charging), Guilty Break (great gap closer, fast animation, but again sword gear preferred for charging), and Sacred Skewer (snipe the tail or horn).

But again, all of these are only good here because of their quick animations and generous cancel frames. You can pick Vol apart with the PAs you're finding now, some are even as fast as you need. Grapple Charge comboed into Heavenly Fall is an excellent combination to close on his tail as he keeps turning to face you, and HF is very quick too so it's good all the time here. That was one of the original choice moves for this because it was so fast back before all these other moves were added.