Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I haven't done any testing on Ilmegid, so if it has inexplicably high damage then I'd try and look for a hidden modifier.

Oh I think I know what I missed.

Just attacks give 130% on their own, which I just spent time calculating in-game only to find you already had that on your solving for DEF thread lol.

Before I noticed that though, I did some guesswork:

Spoiler!

Considering that math, it seems plausible that enemies around the same level have similar defence. I'm really hoping the rockbear you tested on in the other thread was level 65. You don't seem to have that recorded.

I think it'd be plausible to guess that SEGA recycled player's classed stats for enemies and that Set Dinians and Rockbears are both "melee classes" at level 65 with the same base stats except for melee, with attacks that have different modifiers (e.g. rockbear's special attacks or "photon arts").

I figured there's no way Il Megid has a hidden 1.3x modifier and was gonna go do a test with fire spells or something, till I remembered JAing increases how strong attacks are.

A test with the simulator I made:

With modifiers 4.5088572672 * 4.65 = 20.96618629248

Max 5931 vs 255 T-def
    Max 5927 vs 256
    Max 5922 vs 257
    Max 5918 vs 258

1344 * 0.21 * 20.96618629248 = 5917.4964191895552

I guess that proves this wiki was inaccurate about the damage formula.

"Since PSO2 only deals with whole number damage, this number is truncated (892) then 1 is added, for a final value of 893 damage."

It's probably actually rounded or floored. The only other thing in PSO2 that I can think of that gets rounded is the calculation of how much subclasses add to your base stats. Most things get floored.
    Last edited by Chdata; Apr 14, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    I've got a lot of things to fix up with the original sheet. I should probably finish it before I get involved in FFXIV and forget about it.
    Did they change it so that you can actually make money in that game yet?
    Last edited by Zipzo; Apr 14, 2014 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Considering that math, it seems plausible that enemies around the same level have similar defence. I'm really hoping the rockbear you tested on in the other thread was level 65. You don't seem to have that recorded

I guess that proves this wiki was inaccurate about the damage formula.

"Since PSO2 only deals with whole number damage, this number is truncated (892) then 1 is added, for a final value of 893 damage."

It's probably actually rounded or floored. The only other thing in PSO2 that I can think of that gets rounded is the calculation of how much subclasses add to your base stats. Most things get floored.
    It was Forest Exploration SH Rockbear, which is somewhere around there.

The exact details on that site are off; any rare weapon instantly has capped minimum damage unless it's crafted. It's not even a large DEX bonus, it's just auto-capped minimum damage. So it doesn't surprise me if something minor like that is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Did they change it so that you can actually make money in that game yet?
    They made it so that dungeons give big gobs of EXP, so you can level up through dungeoning while gearing up. You also can get i90 armor/accessories through Myth grinding (myth is uncapped per week and l50 light party dungeons give 50/clear), and that takes no real effort. I have like 600k not really going out of my way to accumulate it, just leveling classes and fast-traveling all over the place, and I have no idea what I'd actually spend it on. Even an i70 HQ weapon to hold until relic gets up to par only takes like 60-70k.
    Last edited by Walkure; Apr 14, 2014 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    They made it so that dungeons give big gobs of EXP, so you can level up through dungeoning while gearing up. You also can get i90 armor/accessories through Myth grinding (myth is uncapped per week and l50 light party dungeons give 50/clear), and that takes no real effort. I have like 600k not really going out of my way to accumulate it, just leveling classes and fast-traveling all over the place, and I have no idea what I'd actually spend it on. Even an i70 HQ weapon to hold until relic gets up to par only takes like 60-70k.
    Well I was level capped and had my Ifrit weapon with the full set of gear from lvl 60 dungeons.

My issue was once I ran out of money I couldn't find any way to fight against the cost of repair bills of running dungeons, and I hate crafting so that wasn't an option :/.

Were you doing DF runs on endgame content? I can imagine repair bills after repeat wipes wouldn't be fun at all.

EDIT: Also I guess I should update this again sometime since all the ____ hunter abilities were buffed and new weapons were added. Might do it sometime this week.
    Last edited by Walkure; Apr 14, 2014 at 05:54 AM.

Do red weapons grant automatic minimum cap? lol

Are blu weapons like red weapons?

I'm confused. Do rare weapons auto-cap minimum damage or do they give enough dex to cap the minimum damage in all cases (which sounds unlikely)?
    Leader of team Touhou.

Red weapons are the exception, yeah; they have a DEX penalty. There's been posts with red weapons having damage variance, although I personally haven't confirmed it because why bother?

If blue weapons are the SHAQ equivalent, then they probably have a DEX penalty, too.

Sakai made a blog post way back when crafting was released stating that minimum damage was capped with a rare weapon. I tried making a one-of-the-worst-case scenarios (Newman has lowest DEX, using a weapon with high attack, with no dex penalty, on a miniboss) and I couldn't get below capped minimum with 11* old XQ rod.
    Last edited by Walkure; Apr 14, 2014 at 06:25 AM.

Also SH Free Explore Rockbear is lv65.

So oooo ooooooooooo good chance that mobs use the same base stats.

Your Lv.63 forest mobs all had 253-254 T-Def. An average of ~3-4 def per level.
    Last edited by Chdata; Apr 14, 2014 at 06:30 AM.
    Leader of team Touhou.

Walkure, do you plan on update this list again, or possibly make another one for the 11*s as well? There are a lot of new weapons that would be nice to compare damage.