Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

i don't see why we're talking about difficulty when the most difficult stuff has been out for half a year; i know that pso2 isn't dark souls, but we've had so much time to master the game for christ's sake

oh, and i don't feel like taking the time to carefully read other posts in this thread
    Last edited by supersonix9; Sep 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    i don't see why we're talking about difficulty when the most difficult stuff has been out for half a year; i know that pso2 isn't dark souls, but we've had so much time to master the game for christ's sake

oh, and i don't feel like taking the time to carefully read other posts in this thread
    Its more that a lot of us feel that there should be content focused around players who have taken the time to master it as you say as well. It seems like most of the things released are only focused on the more casual players. In an mmo, ideally you want to have content for all of the people that play your game, whether they be players who enjoy MPAing, changing their appearance, or whatever. That's fair to ask for I'd say, particularly if one is paying premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Its more that a lot of us feel that there should be content focused around players who have taken the time to master it as you say as well. It seems like most of the things released are only focused on the more casual players. In an mmo, ideally you want to have content for all of the people that play your game, whether they be players who enjoy MPAing, changing their appearance, or whatever. That's fair to ask for I'd say, particularly if one is paying premiums.
    fair enough, but I don't think I could ever expect a game like that from anyone

Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post

Well, that's the thing. It seems like some people do want it to be like dark souls. I don't myself. I want strategy and positioning to matter more, but not with penalty of failure being instadeath with megaflinch and uber1shotting. That just isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Well, that's the thing. It seems like some people do want it to be like dark souls. I don't myself. I want strategy and positioning to matter more, but not with penalty of failure being instadeath with megaflinch and uber1shotting. That just isn't fun.
    Well while I enjoy Dark Souls, that's not quite what I'd personally say I want either. And even then, I think you've got an improper view of how it plays.

Anyways, cheap deaths aren't necessary. Being juggled to death from an attack combo beginning with a lightning fast unpredictable hit is lame. I'd just like to see enemies that can do more than stare at you for a minute straight before finally deciding maybe they should try to attack you.

Agreed here I am not saying for shit to one shot you know just the flinching you to death shit like giga mentioned is a low blow lol.

Like If a enemy KD's me KD=Knock down I should be knocked the fuck down I shouldn't take another hit WHILE ON THE GROUND!

The shit I have seen from that a lone is eye popping lol. *Looking at you falz hands* dat juggle~!

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Well while I enjoy Dark Souls, that's not quite what I'd personally say I want either. And even then, I think you've got an improper view of how it plays.

Anyways, cheap deaths aren't necessary. Being juggled to death from an attack combo beginning with a lightning fast unpredictable hit is lame. I'd just like to see enemies that can do more than stare at you for a minute straight before finally deciding maybe they should try to attack you.
    That's not how I see dark souls - that's how I see a PSO2 with dark souls "difficulty."

Dark Souls paces itself much slower. Rewards are doled out much more easily, and merely accessing a location is often justification enough to give you a reward. In PSO2? Imagine having to kill every boss 70 times before finding an item that you then have to improve at Dudu. Yeah, fuck that.

PSO2 and dark souls "difficulty" are not compatible.

That's fair to say. They are carried out very differently so its not completely fair to compare them like this.

Although sadly, I feel like I can honestly say I'd prefer killing a boss 70 times and assuredly getting a decent rare to the system we have now. I still remember spamming quartz dragon and vader for matter board items at one point not getting anything worthwhile after literally hundreds and hundreds of kills.

Now dealing with dudu is its own deal.

Oh, agreed, but 70 times was just a number I pulled out of my hat. As Amduscia maps have demonstrated an area will not have better droprates simply because rushing the boss is more tedious, and thus more time consuming.

Ugh... we need a meme for the Caves walls...