Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Halo 2 Teaser Trailer

C'mon, how many of us were psyched for the game when this trailer came out? I haven't even played the first Halo and still found this teaser really compelling.

Of course, the weird thing is how this scene changed by the time Halo 2 was released.

The teaser implies that the Master Chief has gotten back to Earth just in time for the Covenant invasion. The aliens are winning and the Chief's arrival is a surprise to the broken UNSC. The situation is so dire, that the most effective way to get Chief into the fray is by leaping out his ship and directly onto an enemy ship. It's a desperate and courageous move.

The way this plays out in the actual game is that Chief has been back on Earth for a while when the Covenant attack with a small fleet. The Chief is on a space station during the attack and rushes to disable a bomb the Covenant have planted. Once that's done, Master Chief - the most valuable asset in the UNSC's service - decides to jump out into space just in case he can guide this bomb (which is no longer a threat) into an enemy ship? And then by sheer luck, he guides himself onto a UNSC ship before getting sucked up by the Earth's atmosphere?

Basically, Halo 2 made it clear that the Chief wasn't driven to do crazy things because of desperate measures; he's just crazy and reckless.

I still like the trailer, though.

I always thought the PS1 commercials for FF7 where amazing. I remember being in the kitchen and fixing my self a bowl of cereal or a sandwich, then running back to the living room when I heard this commercial come on. The best part about it, is the melodramatic narration followed by "will never be seen in a movie theater!"

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

The recent Metal Gear Solid V trailer is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    This topic needs more love. And wub wub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7qO_wpfvk

This was the most recent trailer to make me go "Holy Sh*t, this game is awesome" before the game even came out. It did not disappoint.
    The initial teaser for Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage was also pretty amazing.

Normally, trailers that don't show any gameplay are little more than a complete waste of time, but this was just a teaser and it's for a DLC that features probably the best character to be introduced in a Borderlands game, so it gets a pass - especially considering that, well, everyone loves explosions.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."