Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo_lag View Post
    Yeah, getting the same thing pop up when I try to run it.
    Sometimes, the remote name part would vary, too. Like it would show 'copy.com' as well.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic81409_1.gifJust something I made for here.

So, I just got this right after I updated the alert today:
    Spoiler!

Crap, I clicked out the box before I could get the stuff in the drop section. But yeah.

EDIT: Okay, so after I restarted my computer after updating another program, the update box for the alert came up. Tried to update it again, got the error again. I got the drop section text this time, so:

Spoiler!

My Alert is stuck on version 1.0.0.5 because of this. ;-;
    Last edited by Rosen Croix; Oct 10, 2013 at 02:18 PM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic81409_1.gifJust something I made for here.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Update time!

- Fixed the "cannot connect to remote host" errors.

Those of you getting instant crashes, see if you can get any more information about them from the pop-up box.

ALSO - I'm looking for Android/iOS/WP7 developers who are interested in working on the Android/iOS/WP7 version of PSO2 Alert. Contact me on Skype - ID is TheCrimsonDevil for more information.
    Sent you a message on Skype, but I'm only rarely on there, so just in case: I have both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 devices, and a developer account.

This program never really detected any emergency quests at all. Right now, theres an Illipia emergency quest warning going on and this program never made an alert. I also made sure the ship is correct. This has been going on ever since the first version of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by phireblast View Post
    This program never really detected any emergency quests at all. Right now, theres an Illipia emergency quest warning going on and this program never made an alert. I also made sure the ship is correct. This has been going on ever since the first version of the program.
    To be fair, none of the warning program so far ever actually detected them ingame. It was always dependant on player input from tweaker (more specificially, certain accounts), which was then detected by the programs.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Which ship? It'll only use the EQ twitter bot for ships other than 2, at the moment - However, we're looking for volunteers to report when EQs happen on ALL ships.
    Well, it was 2.

Quote Originally Posted by phireblast View Post
    same problem here.

maybe it's some time zone issue? when i check last eq it shows me 19-19.30
    which is like 15 hours ago.

i have utc+1 time zone.

But seriously - The system Kion created that the program relied on crashed horribly. He's working on fixing it, but doesn't have an ETA as of yet. Because of this, I've created a secondary backup system that works off of my twitter - This will allow the program to retain it's functionality until the original system is back up.
    It's kind of a problem with writing node.js applications. For client side applications, you can use it, restart, update, ect. and you're right there when it happens where as client side you pretty much need to write it once and have it continuously keep going which makes it pretty damn hard to write for. Memory leaks, uncaught exceptions, random errors, disconnects, ect. and it's not nice enough to make a noise, it just kind of writes in it's log file, dies and the only way to know that it stopped working is, "hey, i haven't seen any alerts for pso2 in a while....".

Right now I'm working on my thesis for school and hopefully I can finish up by the end of this month and hopefully re-write the server side for the eq system next month or so, but in the mean time i at least added some code so the server is now nice enough to email me when it crashes. On a related note, I am now extremely paranoid every time I see new email in my inbox now. So it's fixed for now at least, and that should include the #pso2eq tag as well for approved users.

Well, good luck Kion. This is a side-project for PSO2 after all. RL is even more important
    Just take your time, slowly but steadily the app will be even more complete.
    ps: The EQ Alert helps to warn me about Falz quite a few times already, and during my sleep time too :3
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Is there any way to make the program not trigger more than 1 update alert at a time?
    Spoiler!