Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A little update/hint of PSO2 West status

Looks like my previous PSO2 West thread got locked due to spam! (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/has-s...worked/0119859)
    Apologies for a new thread.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/13/l...ega-hardlight/
    11:43
    "Olsen states that he would love to see Phantasy Star Online 2 come out in the West. He notes that the game has been very popular in Japan and that has been consuming the development team’s time and putting their localization plans on hold. He stresses that it hasn’t been cancelled."

Anyone questioning who is in control of PSO2, this should give you a good idea!

Also SEGA were advertising for a Free2Play director for London, UK. This advert appears to have disappeared recently (http://www.gamejobs.es/tweet/2136/director-of-free2play)
    Looks like they are building a free2Play team at London. I wonder if PSO2 will be centralized in EU, rather than USA? Hell SEGA makes crazy decisions, they may even split EU and USA servers up! Lol

I'm not usually a skeptic, and while I doubt it's canceled quite yet, this just seems like PR speak. It'd probably be better to just disregard anything being said until we start seeing actual results. Talk is cheap as they say.

I really have to wonder what they think they'll lose if they just announce it's not coming.
    I mean it's not going to chase investors off - if any of those actually cared, we'd have PSO2NA by now.

at this point. i dont care if pso2 na comes out or not. ive made it to far in jp pso2 just to restart in the NA server.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Only thing that would make me care about a US release is if they changed things for the better.

Here we go again...

too much work fo SoJ so local is on hold, really, even tho we get updates they practically just unlock it for us while rolling in that AC dough

really doubt this is even the reason

Remember, if they were to release in EU/NA we would start completely over and have to wait for all the content we have now. Id rather lose the majority of the social aspect when people leave for Western PSO2 and play with JP players than start all over again with a low level cap, few items, and 3 classes.

I wouldn't mind starting over. As long as we get everything the japanese already have, so, not happening.

Also, the premium content would have to be tuned for the ocidental audience, I don't see that working here to be frank. It works for us fans of PSO, but new players? And I highly doubt the competence of SoA would be enough to keep this game interesting, and without game-breaking bugs, that Sega promptly fixes(mostly).

I wonder if they know of this community and simply won't bother about the english release? Sega is quite different from Nintendo, so that could be the case.

1 sentence "Stop wasting ur time holding on empty hopes"

wanna know why?
    1)most ppl are already well establish in the game
    2)many invested time,money in it.
    3)jp pso2 updates so much that even if west do comes out,it would be super far behind
    4)u might not even have pso2 vita(affects some )
    and some who already link their account to jp wont wanna waste time
    5)if u already played the game for so long,u really dont wanna waste time replaying again,seeing same old contents,lvling up only to wait again for content release
    (cos u are most probably so experience that u would lvl fast)
    6) why do u even wanna bother with a west version when u already have someone whose constantly giving u english translation (thank you AIDA and many others for ur hard work!)

*facepalm*
    oh wait unless u just started.that is all i can tell from a need of west server.
    oh did i tell u?
    Asiasoft might take on the English pso2
    go for it if u want.cos seriously many of us dont give a knuckle crap to any lol