Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    As Ive said before, force talis skill is not neccessary. U need to throw a card to get that boost which makes some techs not so good with thrown cards. Simply talises are situational. If your goin to invest money into a 10* talis, then puting that 5sp into Flame tech s charge or PP bolt save is better.

Stop saying that investing into that talis skill is neccessary. Its irritating and it makes u look bad.
    In the current game, talises are better than rods, so people like me will continue to suggest using them. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but that's how it is. You can learn to use talises or you can hope that Sega will buff rods in the future.

I had my doubts about talises myself. I used them before the update, but nowhere near as much as rods. Even though they now have superior damage, I wasn't sure if they would actually end up being better than rods. Well, I took the time to re-learn how to use talises and played with them in many areas of the games, trying different things. After a few days of doing that and getting used to it, I realized that talises are actually much better than I originally expected. More damage is great but that's only part of it.

Try using talis only for a few days and see for yourself. If you can learn how to use it properly, you will understand. Do it now while talis prices are still cheap. I've been noticing more forces using talises lately.
    Quit PSO2

Not to derail the thread but on a semi related note:

For a FO/FI is a fire tree as good/better than a lightning tree?
    It seems more stuff is weak to fire than lightning.
    How bad is it burning through all the PP so fast? Cant a gunslash be used to build it back up?
    I had a lightning FO/FI on ship 10 but moved to ship 2 and restarted. Im too cheap to buy another tree.
    PSO2: Astra-Fo/?, Waluigi-Ra/?. Ship 2.

Mechwarrior Online: InspectorG (Team Pug Life...which is not a team, nor a life.) Stock Mech Mondays EST

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    In the current game, talises are better than rods
    saying that as if talises now make rods obsolete is just wrong
    rods are still way more useful than talises used to be
    and a build focusing entirely on rods will not be any slower than one focusing on talises
    Last edited by Remz69; Oct 29, 2013 at 09:30 PM.
    hi

Quote Originally Posted by Remz69 View Post
    saying that as if talises now make rods obsolete is just wrong
    rods are still way more useful than talises used to be
    and a build focusing entirely on rods will not be any slower than one focusing on talises
    Talises are better overall but rods aren't obsolete. They are better for a few things, so you should still use them. Using only rods would be worse than using only talises. My weapon pallet goes like this:

- Talis
    - Talis
    - Talis
    - Umbrastick (lucky rise)
    - Rod
    - Gunslash
    Quit PSO2

Talises are better overall but rods aren't obsolete. They are better for a few things, so you should still use them. Using only rods would be worse than using only talises. My weapon pallet goes like this:

- Talis
    - Talis
    - Talis
    - Rod
    - Gunslash

i'd have a 2nd rod, just for those times throwing a card is not worth it (in mpa it's frequent)

since i don't have any meseta to spend on my Fo, i didn't get a good talis, nor did i upgrade my silica rose
    but i played with well geared people who were using talises and i can say from experience that while talis is better on paper, in game it's not noticeably faster than rod
    which is why the talis skill is not as necessary as your first post make it out to be

somehow this shitty balancing attempt turned out to 'work' cause now you can still 'ignore' (zondeel dedicated talis is always good to have) talises if you want to but you can also focus on them and not feel gimped
    i'd rather they achieve this with something other than damage boost but what do i know

to OP: if you only have 1 tree this is the build i think make the most out of TE sub
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...T00000lb000008
    talis skill is a no go for fire build for obvious reasons (~5% damage isn't enough to offset usability issues and talis zondeel+nafoie should still OS what you'd be using it for)
    Last edited by Remz69; Oct 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
    hi

Quote Originally Posted by ChiffonFairchild View Post
    For TAs I tend to stick with the lightning tree when I Fo(64)/Te(46) since it's easy for me to spam zonde and kill most everything with relative ease.

I do recommend (no, actually you have to ) getting multiple trees for each element when doing specific area runs as the damage boost will be extremely useful especially in SH Mode (and trust me it makes a HUGE difference).

If you're having PP trouble Fo/Te is nice especially when combined with Ketos Proi and PP Convert as you literally never run out of PP and as a force getting your PB Gauge full is ridiculously easy.

As for equips I have 神杖アマテラス +10 with elder soul and Tech IV which I got for about 4m at the time and I use the Schlacht Set Set with Elder Soul, Tech III, and Stamina Boost which cost me 3m as a whole. Affixing weapons are relatively easy if you don't have the cash to drop shop items however the units are a bit more of a pain...but only a bit

And lastly for FO/FI for TAs while running of PP can be an issue you should be able to oneshot most every mob with a solid zondeel+[w/e tech] or even zonde. "Zondeel--->zonde--->zondeel spam" is easy if you're stats aren't good enough yet (just be careful not to annoy others with it). As for the bosses, well I'm sure someone can post good strats on that XD.
    Can't assume everyone pays for AC. : /

- Talis
    - Talis
    - Talis
    - Rod
    - Gunslash
    I still don't like it for more than Zondeel and now Namegid.

Even though my palettes are like:

Rod (Foie / Nafoie / Gifoie)
    Talis (Zonde / Sazonde / Zondeel)
    Talis (Megid / Namegid / Ragrants)
    Knuckle (Straight Charge for dashing)
    Umbra (Nazonde for shock and lucky rise)
    Gunslash (PP)

If want to fit in Samegid for Windiras and stuff, I'll change my third weapon slot to a rod. I hate how throwing the card disrupts your flow and slows everything down. One missed cast and it's worse than a rod.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post

Gunslash (PP)

If want to fit in Samegid for Windiras and stuff, I'll change my third weapon slot to a rod. I hate how throwing the card disrupts your flow and slows everything down. One missed cast and it's worse than a rod.
    Why do I get the feeling that you don't change the techs in your weapon pallet constantly? For example if you were going to do Coast MPA, you would replace your fire and lightning techs with ice and wind, right?

I also get the feeling that you only use Fighter as your subclass. Fighter used to be a great Force subclass, arguably the best one. But things have changed. Fighter is pretty shitty now. Tector is the best subclass in almost every situation, and Braver could better for Desert Advance Quest.

Wait... Zondeel is not on your subpallet?! How do you use zondeel with non-lightning techs?
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post

Gunslash (PP)

Have you tried casting from your subpalette? It seem like with using just weapon palettes, you would run out of room or have to change things around a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by moeri View Post
    To tell the truth for TAs I think Fo/Fi would be better. Fo/Te can't quad dash :/
    hi