Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    So I was looking at the credits on the soundtrack and found out that the sub-boss, Fang Banther, Big Vardha, Quartz Dragon and Dark Ragne's themes were all composed by 床井健一 (Tokoi Kenichi). Pretty much all the other tracks were by Hideaki Kobayashi aside from some of the cutscene tracks that were composed by 絹川唯史 (Kinukawa Tadashi).

It'll be interesting to see the credits for the second soundtrack album. I can't help but feel like they should probably let Kenichi compose more stuff outside of boss fights...

Edit: Someone made an account for uploading PSO2 tracks here, including a bunch of stuff I haven't gotten around to yet. Saves me some trouble!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    lol, so this explains the quality gap - all the decent stuff is done by someone else.
    Hideaki Kobayashi composes some nice tracks as well (Falz Hunar, for example), but yeah, some field tracks by Kenichi Tokoi would be nice (especially since he composed music like this before).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Speaking of music...

Cyron, I saw your uploads.
    Fucking.
    Love.
    3D World's soundtrack.

Cool

Someone asked me where the rest of my Dinobots were.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43936_3.gif
    Dumb PSU vids and Dumb PSO2 vids in the sig Rappy Gifs here

Had a free second during a Capture code, and the lighting looked neat so

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Hideaki Kobayashi composes some nice tracks as well (Falz Hunar, for example), but yeah, some field tracks by Kenichi Tokoi would be nice (especially since he composed music like this before).
    What weirds me out is that Hideaki is the same guy who composed utterly brilliant stuff like this. While his stuff in PSO2 is serviceable (and the Falz Arms theme is quite nice, indeed - unless that one also turns out to have been composed by Kenichi), absolutely none of it has hit the peaks he managed to reach in the first game's soundtrack.

I honestly don't know what could have caused such a rift. Difficulties with the Sympathy software? Lack of inspiration? A change of direction? I just can't figure it out, man. It's weird. Sometimes it's hard to believe he's really the same guy.

What weirds me out is that Hideaki is the same guy who composed utterly brilliant stuff like this. While his stuff in PSO2 is serviceable (and the Falz Arms theme is quite nice, indeed - unless that one also turns out to have been composed by Kenichi), absolutely none of it has hit the peaks he managed to reach in the first game's soundtrack.

I honestly don't know what could have caused such a rift. Difficulties with the Sympathy software? Lack of inspiration? A change of direction? I just can't figure it out, man. It's weird. Sometimes it's hard to believe he's really the same guy.
    He has his ups and downs, I guess.
    I think PSO2 field tracks have improved alot starting with ruins, now to wait for volume 2 to know who composed them, but I wouldn't be surprised if most were by Hideaki Kobayashi.

He did compose some nice music for other games recently, like these:
    PSPo2 Infinity: Deep Blue Edifice - YouTube
    vs. Nega-Wisp Armor - Phase 1 (Final Boss) (from Sonic Colors) - YouTube
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I know what you mean, pso had amazing tracks all around (debatable in caves lol) but for the most part and with few exceptions pso2's tracks seem more... stagnate?

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

So I got a chance to play a little today. It was pretty nice, even got a level, smashed some
    Falz and said hey to old friends.

Also had a visit from this guy.

Spoiler!

My first time doing that encounter, very fun fight. Working my way towards the newer content. Wish I could be on more.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Haven't played in awhile due to busy-ness. I hope to pick up again in the coming week!

Wintery Pic of Afin
    Spoiler!