Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445 LastLast
    Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

^ I Wouldn't change the defensive's to Additive. This would make it to powerful, since that would put me over 100% on all 3 S/R/T Resistances that would be bad. I can already block out 88% ~ 98% of Striking damage in Ult. And I still need to work on my Defensive stuff still which will lower it farther. My R & T are close to 80% but you can dodge for most of those. The strongest T attack is from Angel's death beam head-on for 230 so like 14% of my life. One short pulse of Megiverse and full HP again. I've been Solo'ing Ult for a challenge and the biggest problem is the resistance to utility.

My proposal was simply making the Skills on the Skill Tree additive, but any adjustment, especially one so drastic, would require careful evaluation and extensive testing to ensure that it doesn't become an overpowering feature. Looking at how the game has developed thus far, I'm pretty confident that SEGA didn't really consider the implications of Skills as they added them to the game with regards to the future, since despite that damage resistance has diminishing returns and damage modifiers have multiplicative returns, the default mindset seems to have been "What does Fury Stance need? More damage. What does Guard Stance need? More resistance." Given, Guard Stance got interesting Skills later on, but they were always too expensive on top of being super niche; they're generally good in explicit circumstances rather than all of the time. This style of Skill would be good, if they weren't seemingly restricted to just defensive talents. Give us offensive Skills that are exceptionally useful sometimes, but not always. Give us Skills that change how our current Skills work. Give us legitimate choices, not "choose your damage flavor".

I think there are a lot of useful mechanics in PSO2 that SEGA could really capitalize on, but doesn't. An example would be aggro generation. Currently, a well placed War Cry is all the difference between your glass cannons being safe or turned to paste if things get out of hand. Why should aggro generation be kept this mystical mechanic of which few things really interact with? If somebody wants to be an Iron Will Beserker, give them Skills that increase their aggro generation passively so they can keep enemies focused on them and fighting them specifically; fight to the death. If somebody wants to be general DPS and avoid the close combat, give them Skills that allow them to mitigate aggro. It's actually very important, and suddenly you have a legitimate choice of this Skill could prove useful if you want to avoid being the attention of mobs in combat, but taking those points prevents you from putting points elsewhere, which could mean loss of damage or defense or utility depending on what else is introduced to the game. It can potentially increase your damage since you can now strike uninterrupted assuming all goes as planned, though other Skills may work out better for your personal playstyle; it would depend more on the individual player rather than some straightforward formula.

But yeah, these are all adjustments to the underlying system and would need a lot of consideration. Honestly, it's basically redesigning the game which is already basically a finished product. I think a better place to start which wouldn't require overhauling and rebalancing the entire basis of the system would be enemy AI. Making intelligent enemies would make the game a lot harder in a hurry, and quickly hike up the need for intelligent application of Skills and abilities. Something like Gu Wondas and other shield bearing enemies need to lead unshielded types, enemies should move and strike in an intelligent manner, utilize terrain, and intentionally stagger attacks. The difficulty here is that the game could get extremely unfriendly for novice players in a real hurry. I guess an answer to this issue would be to restrict advanced AI to something like Advanced Quests or something, but this is all just table talk.

Short of it: I like the game, but there are many different areas that could be improved.

I can't remember exactly what I had for my Saber tank, but this

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...rAbnjGKib00008

Is probably about 95% accurate. This build in conjunction with Zapper Edge made me a walking Megiverse healing my self for 25%(35% but didn't bother maxing Potential) per enemy kill. With Deband Toughness from MPA, I think I had around over 2500 hp so I would gather 625ish hp and heal nearby players for 125ish hp. If it wasn't for heal share and Zapper Edge, I probably wouldn't have messed with either. I know in the first 3 weeks War Cry and Overend spam maintained aggro, even though I was "just a Guard Stance tank". Outside of MPAs with clustered enemies, I would not touch Bo sub at all.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

^ well one thing that might be a problem is bosses when it came to healing since both AB & ZE's protential require you to kill in order to get HP back. In MPA's it's not an issue but more so for Solo. There is always Megiverse but you need to stay in place for it. The best would be getting a Ex. Elder pane. You could try out the Reitorasu with it's protential and take advantage of Healing Guard & Guard Stance Advance for bosses.

Yeah, I pretty much just use that in UQ only, and have another tree with guard stance and more focus on the JA Bonus, Guard Stance Advance, and I think it was Flash Techs. Affixes still keep me at 1500hp which is awesome, and I'll usually switch to braver sub for more damage and Just Recover. Katana can still do some decent enough damage thankfully. Definitely would like an Elder Pain/Chainsawd though. Actually, do you or anyone else know exactly how Ignition Parry works, and if Guard Stance Advance gets the bonus during it?

Still not much need for tanks, and that makes me sad.

If tanks were needed then healers would also be needed to heal the tanks. Gearscore would also be needed to ensure that the tanks have the gear to actually tank. Geared tanks would be primadonnas and accept only WBers, Forces and the occasional Techer or FiBo, with ridiculous gear requirements perpetuated by misinformation and ignorance like "Must have +10 12*s even though most 12*s are awful and said 12* isn't 50%! Crafted weapons are junk!". Then it would take longer to form a party than it would to actually run content, only to find that the tank was actually a scrub who stands in every hugely telegraphed red circle on the floor conceivable and expects the Techer or Force to heal 24/7... yeeeaah been there, done that, don't really feel like doing that here

all what i am can say right now, better go to FA tree and add all resist III on units and weapon, craft units for T-def and you got totaly 24% to all elemetal resistance, 24% to tech resistance, and 12% + to S and R resistance.

Right now only 1 type of tanks are playable - HP tank. Full attack tree, all resist and HP affixes on units and weapon. This type of tank most balanced between attack and def.

Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    Right now only 1 type of tanks are playable - HP tank. Full attack tree, all resist and HP affixes on units and weapon. This type of tank most balanced between attack and def.
    debatable

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    debatable
    Then please debate it friend as long LONG standing tanks like firesword and myself have always used flat hp with flat att trees, I used guard stance he used fury, mine was much more dedicated to tanking off that alone, I also ran zapper edge with absorbtion for basically godmode