Page 1 of 45 123411 ... LastLast

Default Today we debate Tanky HU's

As one of the most prominent if not the only true dedicated tank hunter on ship 2, I thought I'd see what everyone else thinks, I'll be down to post my skill trees and whatnot next chance I get a SP reset because I'm lacking a proper tree (Stacked S-att to equip my new Zapper Edge).

Anyway what I want to hear from everyone here what what they think about the viability of this.

War cry at max level grants 200% hate for 30 flat seconds allowing you to have it up almost indefinitely if necessary. I use level 9 war cry (170% for 28 seconds 30s cooldown) as in the length of most fights general mobs will die before others hit 170%+ Hate, and when fighting bosses 170% is plenty for holding a boss while others farm the ad's (AQ situation whatup)

I have absorbtion sitting at max level (10% heal per mob killed in the vicinity) with a lv1 potential zapper edge (5% additionally stacked onto that 10% for a total of 15% heal per mob killed nearby) With a large drink I come in at 1550 HP, with just absorbtion and no zapper edge I would heal 155 Hp per mob killed nearby, and with the additional 5% I heal 233 HP (Rounded up) Per mob killed nearby, which is basically one free monomate used on me for every mob killed nearby.

Massive hunter sucks I dont like actives

I've also recently switched over to using "Never give up" with the max S-att boost that comes when dropped to 1 HP by never give up, pretty swanky when you almost die and need a damage boost.

Naturally as a tank I do not do much damage, I make up for this with 3 1K+ S-att swords and nice well rounded defenses, and as such still can outdamage most players.

For tought my stats are around 1300 all defenses, 13xx HP no drink running 62hu/34br, 2.1K S-att, and poopy everything else.

I also run Guard and Average stances for again additional flat damage all around and for.

Using this formula before I even got my zapper edge I have not died in 2 weeks.

My 600 Hour character is almost re-capped, and has only died a total of 87 times.

AMA, debate, dont be afraid to say this is the dumbest thing you've ever heard of in PSO2 I wanna hear it, just back it up with math and the like <3

My friend have you met FireswordRus or myself as we also play with heavier emphasis on tanky.

Admittingly compared to you my stats or a far cry of being AS tanky as you but i play as a HU/te. And as a Female Newman I'll never live to see my Hp reach 1400 without drinks (and my stamina 2, Wolga Soul units aren't gonna get it that much higher but economy). However I like to take pride in that as a HU/te Not only can i sit around and loaf damage like a sponge i can also regenerate myself with automate, absorption, mag trigger resta/poop mates, resta but i can ALSO keep my team-mates and MPAers alive with same resta and other supportive traits.

I can also steal enemies HP using Megiverse. You need to see and laugh about how much HP gets stolen from using that on an stunned boss weakspot (i was seeing numbers like 14000 and shit once on super DPS-ers).

Admittingly you will do alot more damage physically than me, as a tanky brawler but i want to say i take pride in being a supportive tank with less damage than just a tank watching my friends die :<

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Yeah Mikeh and Firesword and Giga are the only Legit 3 Tanky players I know of with some nice damage to boot.
    Last edited by Zenobia; Nov 10, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Sig by Gama

Personally I'd still go for DPS build at it's nice to know that tanking is viable.

Hu/Te is certainly a capable combination, especially in MPAs and ExQs.

Stats aside though, I have always wondered what benefits there is to have a tank in your party. In other words, support techs aside (since a damage dealer Fo/Te can do that as well), would having a tank increase the damage output and/or safety for the other players? As a Fi/Hu myself, I would much rather have a boss aim at me instead of it chasing another player around (Chrome *cough*). A lot of attacks of most bosses do not really distinguish between who it is targeting. They may attack in the direction of the target, but the big coverage of the attack puts everyone in danger.
    Last edited by Vent; Nov 10, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post
    I have always wondered what benefits there is to have a tank in your party.
    in pso2 there are none
    hi

If anyone ever wants to do 1-50 EXQ, and not fail ever, I'm your man. 87 deaths. I don't die. Missions are unfailable, and the squishies take a LOT less damage when you aggro EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG around you 100%, AOEs more effective, kitings doable (You should see how fun it is to kite 4 org blan with 11 people on your tail dpsing and they dong give a damn)

It's mostyly something I argue as a "This is more fun so I do it as I play for fun" Dyings not fun in my opinion, so I fixed that.

Tried Undying HUnewearl. Stacking guard stance reductions with deband cuts, and with the lucky rise units i take less than 40% damage from SH Falz's sitting down attack, without even blocking. Made me wonder if iron will was even worth the points.

That's with a pure s-atk mag too, currently raising a pure t-atk one... Could flip the class around, be TEHU running techs without FO's pp charge revival and without FO's squishy defenses. The ultimate moon fairy for XQ and death-heavy parties.

a am playing Fi/Hu, "massive hunter" are very important tactical skill, it is allow use ullision rave non stop, mobs can not break this skill, then MH are active.
    u can see my playing style here: http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm
    look some highlites:
    http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/3213734 solo vardha SH
    http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/3197743 EQ with team
    http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/3108845 role of tank on falz arms

Braver's Combat Escape is much better than Massive Hunter, though I supposed you could have both.

20s of complete invincibility every 90s, or 25s of 25% less damage every 100s. Both prevent flinch. Plus Katana Combat gives you a bunch of damage too.

Hu/Br with both Automate and Just Reversal Cover can walk away from practically any hit.

You can still focus almost entirely on damage this way, relying on defensive equipment to avoid outright oneshots. If it's not enough, there's always Flash Guard, though I'd never recommend Guard Stance when Fury Combo is so good.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide