Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Always have music on and the lovely sounds of my Yas mutes off her death cry.
    I don't play PSO2 music but I keep the sound effects.

Sig by Gama

Pso2 game play is a bit easy I'm Gu/Hu, Ra/Hu or Hu/Fi almost always running Vh/Sh and am basically playing to level up and buy stuffs at this pt, my fun is more in building my characters.

Tbh game play has it's moments but that alone wouldn't keep me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    But Bal Rodos is one of the easiest bosses...
    The thing just has way to much health in super hard solo, especially if you're relying on the turret for damage,and god help you if its boosted by a darker core in which case prepare for a half hour fight. my last solo run got finished off 10 minutes in because my 3 npc partners didnt decide to smack the hermit crabs and one knocked me out of the harpoon turret right before Rodos charged me, killing me instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    relying on the turret for damage
    Why would you do this.

The thing just has way to much health in super hard solo, especially if you're relying on the turret for damage,and god help you if its boosted by a darker core in which case prepare for a half hour fight. my last solo run got finished off 10 minutes in because my 3 npc partners didnt decide to smack the hermit crabs and one knocked me out of the harpoon turret right before Rodos charged me, killing me instantly.
    1 good harpoon or 2 is more than enough time to kill him if aim for the tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikikiki View Post
    Why would you do this.
    Because someone has horrible aiming with the harpoon *stares*

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    my fun is more in building my characters.
    ^ This. I also find it more fun being handicap or squishy.

Without adding my own wall of text, personally I find it laughably easy. I'm not one to find enjoyment from the challenges of speed running in this game's environment of equipment mattering, unlike the case of fairly designed TA based games which are generally racing games. Neither am I a fan of Handicapping myself if I want a "challenge" in almost all games, up to a point. I do consider Soloing a massive handicap in this game, but I can admit I had some fun soloing bosses.

Otherwise I think this guy said it well already:
    This game has a broken difficulty system.
    With 4 players, forces with infinite healing, and 5 revives each, It's nearly impossible to lose. to counteract this in sh, bosses have huge pools of health, can instakill even players with maxed out gear at level cap, and in some cases move fast as hell.

It's like they looked at dark souls gameplay and decided dying=difficulty so dying multiple times=more difficulty! Unfortunately dying isnt challenging if someone just can revive you/heal you infinitely with no penalty, its just tedious.

Also single players cant revive outside of scape/half dolls so all this instakill shit turns solo play into one-mistake-kills-you nightmare boss fights that would make monster hunter blush.
    ----

Don't bring NPCs. It stays down for longer when harpooned with less people/NPCs.

(That is if that hasn't changed since I last fought it some updates back.)
    Last edited by Vashyron; Nov 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    The game's tough, if you solo everything when you're ten levels underleveled and undergeared.

That accounts for most of my playtime right there.
    Bullshit, i solo'd lv 40 fang banthers as a lv 20 fighter before subclasses came out and it wasnt very hard..... i got 0 exp though

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    Bullshit, i solo'd lv 40 fang banthers as a lv 20 fighter before subclasses came out and it wasnt very hard..... i got 0 exp though
    i bet it took an unreasonable amount of time to do that

which, in my book, i would call tough

Quote Originally Posted by symphdrax View Post
    i bet it took an unreasonable amount of time to do that

which, in my book, i would call tough
    Time doesnt make something harder, it just makes it more tedious. No matter how long you are at it for, easy is still easy.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

It still depends on the individual, how good they are and how much time they are willing to spend to become really good at this game. And even then, after hundreds of hours of play time, I still can't beat banthers solo, even when I'm the same level as them.
    Because this game punishes every tiny mistake with the death penalty.