Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default is PSO2 too easy?

I read a couple reviews on the game that were made late 2012. In the reviews they said things like the game was much easier than its predecessor PSO, that weapon upgrades are almost pointless because of how easy it is to deal large amounts of damage. It also said that hunters/fighters were underpowered while forces/techers get faceroll towards the end, dealing massive damage at a range with little more threat of death than hunters who attack in melee.

I just started playing PSO2 and I am a lvl 14 force, and I see where the review has a point. Unlike in PSO I can go through an entire area by spamming one or two different techniques without even coming close to danger. Enemy attacks are predictable and easily avoid with the dodge ability, and enemies are easily outrun.

Is the game too easy, does the difficulty go up a few notches as you get higher in level and face higher level monsters?

These are the two player reviews I read, the ones at the top by jbmonture and knightmaresin: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/606336-ph...line-2/reviews

Allow me to point out that you are on normal mode as one of the easiest classes to play in the game.

Also obligatory "lolgamefaqs" sentence.
    Last edited by The Walrus; Nov 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM.

lolgamefaq
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Too lazy to read, but actual thread title sounds like an interesting topic so I'll just comment on that.

It's alright depending what class you play and what level you are on what difficulty...

It's just hard enough to have a learning curve.

But if you're playing an easy or over-powered class, and you're decently leveled with average gear, and you've been playing for a while. It's easy to find this game easy.

But it's definitely more fun when this game feels hard, and that's definitely rare.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I know, that's why I'm asking. I read a reveiw and my experience so far has fallen in line with it. What is the difficulty jump from normal to the next difficulty level?

Also, is there a way to just play higher levels of content with a lower level for artificial difficulty?

What's end game like? Once you hit it does it just keep getting easier and easier as you level up more and gain better weapons?

I understand force being the easiest class, but I enjoy its playstyle the most. Any word on a balance patch coming out ever?
    Last edited by spinner198; Nov 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM.

As a gunner with a max lvl infinite fire and a decent 10*, I'd say yes in most situations. However, I'm sure It's a different end user experience for everyone depending on their classes and levels. During the recent Falz Hunar event, i was surprised how easily we beat him on SH, as compared to when i last fought him as a GuRa around level 30.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Game is easy

If you keep up

hunting and grinding is very hard, so is getting the equipment and outfits you want, but the game itself is laughably easy+^_^+ it's gets better after you get to VH and SH, those will actually provide a challenge for a bit, but once you start getting equal to and past enemy levels it just gets easy again+^_^+ it's an Asian MMO, so to get what you want, expect to invest some extra number of hours grinding for what you want+^_^+

I know grinding is a huge part of the game, like in PSO, but that isn't as difficult as it is tedious. Does sega update the game with more difficult content often? It's not as easy to find info on the game since it is mainly japanese. Does it look like it has a bright future in terms of end game content and difficulty and what not? Or just a grind fest against enemies you can kill in one hit?

What I want isn't really gear as much as it is challenge and enjoyment out of the content.

This isn't really the game to play if you want a legit challenge.