Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Two 9* Katana Comparison

Hello guys, I'm a new member that needs some information about these two 9* katanas. The two katanas that I'll be comparing are:

- Kalicizma: 378 (0+) / 661 (10+) [Judgement Time]
    - Dio Sigalga: 435 (0+) / 761 (10+) [Aerial Attack]

I'm currently using a Dio Sigalga 10+ with 50 Light and Quartz Soul, Power III. Would the Kalicizma be considered "superior" because it features Judgement Time (regardless of 100 SATK difference from Dio Sigalga)?

Even if the Kalicizma is better than the Dio Sigalga, would it be worth the time, effort, and energy of achieving a Kalicizma with 10+/ 50 Light/ Quartz Soul, Power III? If not, would it be worth it if I unlocked Aerial Attack on my current katana?

Any (helpful) inputs would be greatly appreciated! *Calls for Gigawuts, Zenobia, UnLucky, and Bellion*
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Nov 26, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

Judgment Time > Aerial Attack

Why? You'll get always Judgment time in combat while Aerial Attack only occurs very few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    Judgment Time > Aerial Attack

Why? You'll get always Judgment time in combat while Aerial Attack only occurs very few times.
    I'm assuming that Aerial Attack occurs when you're attacking in the air, right? For some odd reason, I fight in the air a lot more than I fight on the ground.

Nevertheless, it's very tempting that Judgement Time provides a nice substantial boost towards Average Stance.
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Nov 26, 2013 at 02:22 AM.

Is the way to go.

Why? Here's why:
    1. You'll have to grind and affix the Dio Sigalga. But the grind is less of a pain in the *** because it's a 9* but the affixing is still painful.
    2. Money, you won't know how much you be spending just to affix Dio Sigalga into 3 slot.
    3. Kalicizam's latent is better.
    4. Although 100-Satk is a lot, the latent bonus from Judgement time at lv 3 is more than enough to replace the Satk difference and bonus from Dio Sigalga's latent.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post

Is the way to go.

Why? Here's why:
    1. You'll have to grind and affix the Dio Sigalga. But the grind is less of a pain in the *** because it's a 9* but the affixing is still painful.
    2. Money, you won't know how much you be spending just to affix Dio Sigalga into 3 slot.
    3. Kalicizam's latent is better.
    4. Although 100-Satk is a lot, the latent bonus from Judgement time at lv 3 is more than enough to replace the Satk difference and bonus from Dio Sigalga's latent.
    Interesting... The only issue is that my Dio Sigala is actually pretty decent (with 10+ / 50 Light / Quartz Soul and Power III) with the total of 824 SATK. I was lucky to even find that Katana for 2mil while weapon surfing on the Visiphone.

If anything, how would you incorporate Quartz Soul and Power III into a weapon? I only know how to get Quartz Soul and Power I on it (and nothing more).

Also, when you unlock a potential, will it reset your grind level too?
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Nov 26, 2013 at 02:16 AM.

I wouldn't waste money on something that will get replaced by a better weapon. Don't forget.. you can't even sell it after you're done using it. I understand if you're a freemium member, though. If you are prem, once you hit SH trash 10* will drop and you can use those to buy better weapons.

Truth: run ToT2 and I bet you find at least two trash 10* in those 30mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Interesting... The only issue is that my Dio Sigala is actually pretty decent (with 10+ / 50 Light / Quartz Soul and Power III) with the total of 824 SATK. I was lucky to even find that Katana for 2mil while weapon surfing on the Visiphone.

If anything, how would you incorporate Quartz Soul and Power III into a weapon? I only know how to get Quartz Soul and Power I on it (and nothing more).

Also, when you unlock a potential, will it reset your grind level too?
    1. Just search for a fodder with Power III and Quartz soul but 2 slot+ with Power III and soul can be pricey.
    2. It's not worth it for 2mil.
    3. Your current katana will serve you good and better until you find a 10*.

Quote Originally Posted by SakoHaruo View Post
    I wouldn't waste money on something that will get replaced by a better weapon. Don't forget.. you can't even sell it after you're done using it. I understand if you're a freemium member, though. If you are prem, once you hit SH trash 10* will drop and you can use those to buy better weapons.

Not to be rude, but if you aren't helping what the OP is asking then you shouldn't really say something that does not help his question.

Quote Originally Posted by SakoHaruo View Post

Unfortunately, I fall under the category of being a "freemium" member rather than a premium member.

I possess a wide array of random 10* weapons, but I don't have the 10* Weapon Passes; thus making me rely on 9* weapons for the time being, sadly.

I tried farming for any 10* Katana that I could possibly get my hands on, but I eventually threw in the towel due to the lack of success...

Edit:

1. Just search for a fodder with Power III and Quartz soul but 2 slot+ with Power III and soul can be pricey.
    2. It's not worth it for 2mil.
    3. Your current katana will serve you good and better until you find a 10*.
    Little did I know that I've been ripped off by spending 2mil on my current Katana (which I bought awhile ago)... Ah well, I'll try my best to add Quartz Soul and Power III on my clean Kalicizma.

Nevertheless, thanks for the information, Strike!
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Nov 26, 2013 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    I tried farming for any 10* Katana that I could possibly get my hands on, but I eventually threw in the towel due to the lack of success...
    Quarry Exploration's ugly looking katana and Lambda Lucrio are easily found there. Loucrio being bit harder and the ugly green one (forgot the name) is really way easier to hunt for.

Quarry Exploration's ugly looking katana and Lambda Lucrio are easily found there. Loucrio being bit harder and the ugly green one (forgot the name) is really way easier to hunt for.
    For some peculiar reason, I'm having a hard time finding any Katana (even with Rare Boost). I find it hilarious that I can find every weapon other than the weapon that I'm looking for.