There are, despite what Sega says, problems with the Dreamcast and Phantasy Star Online. Apart from the known issue that the first production runs of the DC had known issues playing some games, it is quite apparent that many other DC's have crashing, rebooting, or other lockup problems, especially notable with Phantasy Star Online. Here are a few things I've noticed:

1. My original copy of PSO did not run on my Dreamcast. It simply refused to boot up. Called Sega, they told me to clean the laser lens, did that but it did not correct the problem. Sega refused to admit that it was something wrong with PSO.

2. Replaced the play disk of PSO with a new one, the game would now boot correctly. However, the game was plagued with the occasional, albeit uncommon, lockup/crash.

3. My DC is now turned upside-down. After recalling that several of my friends with old Playstation's used to turn theirs upside down to resolve load problems, I decided to try it with my Dreamcast. Since doing this, the number of crashes/lockups has become negligble.

I suppose you can try turning your Dreamcast upside down if you have lockup/crash problems with PSO. Has anyone else found any possible workaround/solutions for the locks/crashes/load failures?

Nordramor
Nordy!