Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    Elysion
    lots and lots and lots of cash.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

My main is a Thunder/Dark Force, and it really feels underpowered at SH, but then, I don't have absolute perfect gear and my Rod is only 915 T-ATK, and still needs to max Element weak hit(only level 4). Compared to my RA/HU and GU/RA, she's a joke, but I like the flexibility and utility. Shifta/Deband really need a buff or skill point reduction.

First change of all:

Make wep attribute count into final damage as any other classes. That alone is the punch class need after attribute grinding nerf overpowered S and R ata.

Damage formula can be a little tricky to apply when tech and attribute have different elements, but even the most basic aproach should work better than now.

(Current basic dmg)+(%basic damage with wep attribute)

Or even better, nerf all other classes. They are OP.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    Elysion
    So, my idea would make uncharged techs like nukes using Elysion, but since they'd cost even more PP, along with the fact that you wouldn't leave any time to regenerate while casting, I don't see that it would make it too unbalancing. Even if you were on an uncharged tech spree during Ketos Proi, you'd burn your PP faster that you regenerate it.

My point is that I think a way to make uncharged techs useful (save for a niche weapon that only improves two of them), isn't to keep them weaker, even if you made their effects proportional. Even if unchargd techs costed much less PP, unless their DPS were still better than charged, what would be the point on using them anyways?

In the other hand, if you make them as strong but more costly, they'd serve a purpose.
    Last edited by Darki; Nov 28, 2013 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    In the other hand, if you make them as strong but more costly, they'd serve a purpose
    Wonder how funny that would be with Elysion Lv.3 / namegid

I wasn't thinking about that one in particular, but seeing how Namegid works differently from other techs I guess it's uncharged effect could simply be different.

Or fuck, nerf Elysion. Why a stupid-looking wand should hold back a class.

I get that it's supposed to be a joke thread, but...

1) Turn Freeze/Shock/Poison... boosts into a single 10 SP skill that makes 25-50% boost when maxed. Also, it should affect non-tech attacks.
    2) Make effect of elemental masteries at least double of what it is. Also, make it affect non-tech attacks.
    3) Photon Flare? GTFO.
    4) Make charging Wand Gear matter.
    5) Shifta Advance? Resta Advance? OH COME ON, putting 30 SP into a single support technique people barely care about is ridiculous.
    ∞) Completely erase Fury Up 2 and Fury Combo Up (and maybe JA Bonus 2 too, that's arguable) from Hunter's tree.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    How is it a joke thread? It's a suggestion based-thread.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post

1) Turn Freeze/Shock/Poison... boosts into a single 10 SP skill that makes 25-50% boost when maxed. Also, it should affect non-tech attacks.
    2) Make effect of elemental masteries at least double of what it is. Also, make it affect non-tech attacks.
    3) Photon Flare? GTFO.
    4) Make charging Wand Gear matter.
    5) Shifta Advance? Resta Advance? OH COME ON, putting 30 SP into a single support technique people barely care about is ridiculous.
    ∞) Completely erase Fury Up 2 and Fury Combo Up (and maybe JA Bonus 2 too, that's arguable) from Hunter's tree.
    I like most of these, just going to amend them a slight bit
    1) I'd rather see them turn into quality boosts, e.g. bonus damage, duration, or resilience, preferably merged with masteries (With masteries also still boosting SE rate)
    2) I disagree completely. I'd rather see masteries reduced significantly, and then elements made functionally different (like bolt PP save and flame tech charge S do). Then give different enemies different resists, i.e. Dagan weak to fire & lightning but resistant to dark & ice, El Dagan weak to wind & light but resistant to wind & lightning, Dagan Nero weak to ice & fire but resistant to lightning and light
    3) agreed, drop this skill like a dead baby
    4) Definitely agreed, although I'm not sure how. I've thought about making it interact with tech charging, but that would take away from rod's main purpose. So maybe +PP recovery, AOE, and damage instead.
    5) Agreed. Make them do new things. Shifta Crit should be replaced with Shiftaplosion, up to a 15% chance to leave a zan-like AOE explosion when dealing damage
    ∞) Agreed, partially. Melee should receive extra base damage across the board. Not quite as much as it loses, because in all honesty - even (especially) as a melee main, I have to say melee is becoming a bit too heavy hitting. Melee's damage wasn't the problem, its mobility was. Remove a couple skills, raise melee base damage almost as much as it loses from those skills, and add a new Step Lunge attack that lets us do dash->PA button for a longer range leap attack at the cost of like 10-20 PP.

The problem with FO isn't limited to FO. FO's a bit too underpowered, and the other classes are a bit too damaging because Sega just keeps throwing big numbers at anything with even the slightest bit of trouble or underuse. See: Sazan which has become god tier, Illusion Rave which has over a 1k modifier but is still complete shit because its problem is how long its animation is and its lack of hyper armor or canceling to compensate
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 28, 2013 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Shifta and Deband, at the least, should tick for everyone in the party regardless of distance on the map, at least.

Topping off HP with Resta on moving people is pretty easy. Being able to keep up Shifta and Deband on yourself requires standing still for a bit.
    I would prefer they get rid of the ticks entirely. If you hit someone with shifta, they should get the full duration. This also conserves some of territory burst's utility (should still be a stance though). Having to stand still for a bit is just not worth it given it's only about a ~10% damage increase and must be recast frequently.

I maintain that if shifta were as good as in older games, FO and TE would be pretty balanced.