Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

SEGA, like, REALLY should fix Gunner.

[PSO2] Ra/Gu [23/28] vs. Dragon Ex (Hard)

Turns out, this wasn't even a challenge. I should try no-hit run when I get to lv40.

darker den solo SH
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zPjXP6F4Jk
    it happened when he was 5am... I am lazy at times on this thing

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    SEGA, like, REALLY should fix Gunner.

[PSO2] Ra/Gu [23/28] vs. Dragon Ex (Hard)

Turns out, this wasn't even a challenge. I should try no-hit run when I get to lv40.
    *Looks* Oh.......it's hard mode that's why. SH EX are a bit harder and a pain in the *** even for my GU. (one mistake and you'll be kissing the floor).

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Ok.... I don't know what hans did but it solved a question i had for a while. thank god there is something underneath that flap
    Spoiler!

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Hans is wack yo
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    *Looks* Oh.......it's hard mode that's why. SH EX are a bit harder and a pain in the *** even for my GU. (one mistake and you'll be kissing the floor).
    Well, don't you think that classes should always be balanced, not just in endgame?

Well, don't you think that classes should always be balanced, not just in endgame?
    Classes will never be balanced in any MMOs, it's a marketing tactic to make MMOs last longer. <Nerfing and buffing>

Endgame is where you'll see more challenges, etc. because it's the content that has all the updates while older content/areas will be easily done because it is an older content which does not get updated. Even then, those who are new players are supplied with the new updates given to them to make older contents even easier while it still seems hard to them because the game is new.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Class balance is an amazingly difficult thing to achieve, especially when it's not possible to define what balance is. Is a class good when it can do a bunch of things by itself? When it can do well in a party? When it can quickly take down one thing? How quickly it can take out a swarm?

A better idea than making each class as good as each other is to make each class have its own nitch. If each class was best at doing its own thing, then people playing that class wouldn't worry about other classes being better at other things. But, that's rather hard to do in this game, because the only thing that really matters in it is how quickly you can kill things.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Classes will never be balanced in any MMOs, it's a marketing tactic to make MMOs last longer. <Nerfing and buffing>

Endgame is where you'll see more challenges, etc. because it's the content that has all the updates while older content/areas will be easily done because it is an older content which does not get updated. Even then, those who are new players are supplied with the new updates given to them to make older contents even easier while it still seems hard to them because the game is new.
    It's not like I don't agree, but in Gunner's case balancing is terrible. You can easily see lv20 Gunner have higher DPS than lv40 Hunter (except if it's Hu/Gu with H10 Missouri).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Class balance is an amazingly difficult thing to achieve, especially when it's not possible to define what balance is. Is a class good when it can do a bunch of things by itself? When it can do well in a party? When it can quickly take down one thing? How quickly it can take out a swarm?

A better idea than making each class as good as each other is to make each class have its own nitch. If each class was best at doing its own thing, then people playing that class wouldn't worry about other classes being better at other things. But, that's rather hard to do in this game, because the only thing that really matters in it is how quickly you can kill things.
    I can't +1 thumbs up or tip posts on this forum, but if I could this would be one.

It's not like I don't agree, but in Gunner's case balancing is terrible. You can easily see lv20 Gunner have higher DPS than lv40 Hunter (except if it's Hu/Gu with H10 Missouri).
    Gunner really has the problem of being bad at killing groups, and relying on it's subclass or situational modifiers more than other classes for damage. Honestly, the only thing unbalanced about gunner are the JR skills, but they existed solely to get it out of the rut it was in. :/

EDIT: We should be having this discussion in the gunner thread. ;;
    Last edited by Kondibon; Dec 1, 2013 at 04:14 PM.