Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I haven't watched the stream (won't be able to for a while - those voices anyway, ugh) but based on what I've read...

It sounds like we take the system we already have and add a whole new form of customizations onto it - what affixes should have been all along. These will be stats of actual consequence. Instead of power III, an extend code will make a weak weapon actually strong. Allclass stats, etc. (edit: hopefully allclass, and not multiclass, or maybe classes will be grouped by category [close quarters for hu/fi/br/te/gu for instance])

It also sounds like this success being guaranteed thing is what I've been saying since day 1: Allow us to guarantee our minimum requirements, then add more bonuses on top of that. The game will shift to this being standard procedure, and instead of trying for soul/stat3/statboost/ability3 with 100/100/100/80, players will try for I don't know let's say allclass/extend/randombonus at 100/100/80 to get a nice offensive boost. Just like Ability 3 some players will take what they get; others will try again. The key difference is how costly being able to attempt it in the first place will be, and that price not being based on your luck of the day.

That raises the real question: What happens if you fail? Do you need to reset the whole pot to expand slots like affixes? Please say no. Can you add on a slot without even touching your other things? Please say yes. Do the bonuses from other existing customizations still apply even in a second session? Please say yes. These are the questions that will make or break this system. Things like allclass and extending codes will shift equilibrium so they become standard, but not having to deal with going from 3->4 slots and dumping your handful of <100% transfer rate affixes purely based on dice rolls to do it will really make it.
    I thought I read that you could NOT fail?
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

That's what I thought.

We're probably going to see a lot of people with starter katanas, for the looks.

Looking over the stream now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    I'm really interested in what exactly can be changed with techs. I saw what looked to be AOE namegid which just on paper sounds crazy.
    There's a brief shot of the description before they use it.
    Looks like +2.00m AOE range and -450% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Did they mention specifically needing the discs of the tech you're planning to upgrading?

It looked as though you just got a generalized crafting material from breaking down discs.
    I think you're right.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Dec 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

[breathing intensifies]

Ehem... as excited as I am for this, I think the RNG is still gonna rear it's ugly head when you start needing lots of mats you can only get from getting great successes desynthesizing 10* weapons or of a specific type, or level 11+ rare disks. = w=

Or even worse, watch the actual effects we get be completely random so we have to keep re-rolling on top of that like the goddamn reforges in Mabinogi. :I

What's this? The game being made fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    What's this? The game being made fun?
    Well I'm sure it's going to be grindy at the very least. And there's probably an upper limit to extending weapons.

At least this gives people stuff to look for and work towards besides obscenely rare drops, expensive affixing, and lolgrinding. Hopefully it'll be more consistent.

Yeah, it looks like you need to dismantle tons of discs in hopes of good materials, then you get to repeatedly try for a good effect at the same time as an acceptable penalty, with a cooldown between attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by bumped.org
    Spoiler!
    • The Technic Customization system creates both positive and negative effects.
    • A positive effect, for example, may get you 20 ~ 40% more power with some increased speed.
    • However, as a detriment, it can increase the PP consumption values by +3 ~ +10.
    The example they show has a bad roll on the bonus, and a bad roll on the penalty.

+24 power on the original 342 is an overall increase of 7%
    +7 PP cost on the original 20 is a 35% increase

Even with the proposed optimum dice rolls, that's an 11.7% damage increase for 15% PP cost.

Remember, this costs money and time to achieve.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    I thought I read that you could NOT fail?
    Yeas you cannot fail.

they just renamed 'fail' success and success 'great success'

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Ah, the buzz of cynicism.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    The success/great success thing is only for desynthesizing. You can't fail the actual crafting.