Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Tower Defence Tactic Discussion

I dunno if everyone cares but when you are in a mpa while solo or in party, it sucks really hard. Especially for VH and H. So I have a proposal for doing this EQ without ending up failing all 3 towers in any wave.

Party: When you are in a party, once it reach full people, tell the party on which tower you are going to defend. If everyone choose the same, someone needs to change.

Solo: If you do solo, you are best to go down to the portal and tell which tower you defend once everyone is down there. This goes the same when you party up when EQ just opened.

Crystals: Everyone goes get crystal when no wave is happening. But it will be best to group back to the area of the tower before 10 secs wave happens. Those people guarding with no monster near should go collect as much as possible. It would be best that one wave the total amount is 1000 (before happening and wave about to end)

Defending: There are people that end up being at the frontline while enemies either teleport or run straight to the tower which leaves the tower defenceless. And it take time just to run back. So it would be best that both Hu and Ra stay near the tower. Launcher users can try defend both. Hu can try put up barrier when too much enemy comes instead of charging up and end up killed. It would be best if there is a Fo or WarCry user near the tower to round up enemy. But try not to get killed, just round up as long as possible until others come.

Barrier and Heal: I don't need to say this but use barrier if you think it's too overwhelming (use it even though many people gather, unless got Fo and WarCry to round up). Heal the tower when the tower starts dropping half of it. This job is for those who are supose to guard it.

Boss: Someone with WarCry use it. And kill it as fast as possible (for VH and H). Rounders are best to notice if there is a horde of enemy coming in or not. So have 3 person or more dealing boss should be enough, but don't make the tower completely defenceless.

Final Wave: Once reach Final Wave, prepare photons and machineguns at every as possible before it starts. Have 2 photons near the tower as spare just to deal with later spawns when boss is killed.

PAs recommendation: For mass no. of enemies use these: OverEnd (don't use WarCry with it, you might end up dying before striking), OtherCyclone, OtherSpin, HoldingCurrent, WildRound, SpeedRain, SacredSkewer, WildRhapsody, BloodySarabande, TornadoDance, RumblingMoon, DeadlyCircle, QuakeHowling, KanranKikyou, SakuraEndo, HatouRindou, Thrillerplode, AdditionalBullet, Kreisenschlag, GrenadeShell, DiffuseShell, Glory Rain, Divine Launcher, ConcentrateOne, Cluster Bullet, ZeroDistance, BulletSquall, ReverseTap, HeelStab (charged ver.), TorrentialArrow, GravityPoint. These are only when enemies are around the tower

Final Wave and Enemies after Boss: As you know, the Final Wave boss throws a big ass bomb to one of the tower. From what I see, the bomb seems to target the weakest tower. There will be another wave of enemies once the boss is killed and they seem to spawn at the weakest tower as well
    Last edited by TERAGON1996; Dec 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    Nobody's perfect, remember that

about bosses: when you got aggro of the boss, make it face the opposite of the towers for fucks sake
    gotta love ragne discs coming out of nowhere
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I think we should all hit the big exploding darkers right in the face when they're standing next to the base.

Edit: Also wow, your PA suggestions suck. Anyone who uses Wired Lances in an MPA is a poison to the entire group.

When you're me, you never fail and are always in 1st or 2nd place in every TD that you do.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Dec 27, 2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: edit

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Uh, for WarCry use on normal mobs, don't cast them too close from tower. Get a little bit of distance. Since last time I tried as GuHu (my main), WarCry (still lv3 - yep, I'm a glass decoy :v ) need a little time until the mobs start rushing on you

Just a little time, but it's better to cast with some distance from tower, since sometimes, you can't aggro all mobs at once using WarCry (too spread out). Giving a little bit of space + Infinity Fire = most mobs will rush on you

And I find Infinity Fire more useful than Heel Stab, since you only need a few hits to draw the mob attention, and it's faster (no need to charge and my personal preference ..... easier to use in manual tps mode I'll try using Heel Stab again to see which one is better next time.)

I always end up in rank 5 - 10 though. Since I mainly only draw the mobs attention and collecting crystals (not that fast since I don't have step attack, and weapon slot is full with tmg, so, no Assault buster) Well, lots of people wanna rank 1st, so, yeah, I'll let them kill the mobs. As long as at the end, we got S-Rank (if possible, since I can't cover the entire maps OTL). Drop rates are affected by clear condition, right? Not personal rank

Oh right, I usually stick to 1 tower. Depending on my party Sometimes 1 or 2 people from party will go covering other tower if needed The others, sticking to tower :3
    Last edited by final_attack; Dec 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

12 naked forces could probably get S Rank. People need to start making an effort to do it FAST so 3 runs become the norm. Lets not settle for mediocrity.

3 runs is definitely doable. The positions of some waves are partially randomized, but even just having a frontline Zondeel/GU team on each tower will put out tremendous stopping power and make it easy to wipe everything out. If people are very efficient about crystals, you can have particle cannons up to snipe the first set of final wave golds.

IN our team MPA this morning we got a 3rd run in by no more then 5 seconds, the DPS we had to put out was insanely high to pull it off aswell.

As a Gu/Hu I've found messiah time VERY useful here, dive into a bunch of zondeeled mobs with it and pour out a crazy amount of damage very quickly, infinite fire is great for following a new spawn to build hate of most of them to pull them back. Elder rebellion also shines as a snap aggro PA and heel stab is well... heel stab I suppose xD

Its totally doable to get 3 runs, but really never in random groups imo.
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

The way we have been doing it is, we have 1 party per tower. For each tower, there are about 2 or 3 people camping the spawns and 1 at the base of the tower to clean up the few mobs that might get through. The people at the middle tower kind of float between all towers to help if needed.

We S rank consistently and have been consistently getting a 3rd run.