Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I hesitate to call it a "build", but it is certainly gimmicky. It might actually be fun using the gunslash with the trap potential, if traps were at all functional that is.

Extremely gimmicky, to the point of being a trash build that doesn't work.

Other builds might be ineffective or laughably weak, but traps just do not function on a base level. They're slow, weak, and limited.

They're decent on a completely immobile target, but only if you use up your entire supply. And just about anything is decent on a completely immobile target.

A trap user is in a completely different category from a tank or support spec. Those kind of players are either misguided or stubborn, but they're at least trying to be useful in their own way. Traps just don't do jack, and I really hope you at least brought WB so you can be worth the party slot over an NPC.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Nah, since this was a subject of a gimmick build, figured I should ask if there were any improvements. A shame seeing something that would be awesome become such a waste of points. Though it would be funny if the traps were those red rings and homing nukes.

Thanks for the info though. I also hope Akuno finds the build of sought after gimmicks as well.

In the magical land of beautiful women and candy bars

Well, the replies I've been reading are rather discouraging. Fi/Fo doesn't seem worth the try if Fi isn't getting much from Fo. Guess one can't really try to deviate from the norm
    ==========
    What about having Braver as a sub for Fi? Or something more outlandish like Ra/Gu? >_>
    Last edited by Akuno Ayanokoji; Jan 8, 2014 at 07:33 PM.
    PSP2i:
    Akira l Human (F) HU3/RA22/BR50 Lv.200
    Saiyuki l CAST (F) HU50/RA22/BR5 Lv.200

Quote Originally Posted by Akuno Ayanokoji View Post
    Well, the replies I've been reading are rather discouraging. Fi/Fo doesn't seem worth the try if Fi isn't getting much from Fo. Guess one can't really try to deviate from the norm
    Fi/Te could be interesting.
    If wand lovers applies to strike damage in general, Fighters will benefit.
    With the crafted techs system and wind mastery, you can also increase the effectiveness of zanverse.
    35% from wand lovers , 30%(maybe 50 with tech crafting) from zanverse, 44% from wind mastery... Multipliers are comparable to Hu and you get the benefit of pp convert/zondeel.
    Seems not that gimp. Tell me if my logic is flawed.

We can only wait until later this month to see how exactly wand lovers works.

I really wish they'd make it so traps are actually useful.

Letting you carry 999 of them after the next patch would be a start.

I haven't looked much into the other types, but I'm trying to avoid the norm (like Fi/Hu, Br/x, etc). Techer seems interesting, but from what I'm reading, it's damage is coming from using wands, and striking, but again, I'm a noob for this.
    PSP2i:

Quote Originally Posted by Akuno Ayanokoji View Post
    ==========
    What about having Braver as a sub for Fi? Or something more outlandish like Ra/Gu? >_>
    Ra/Gu isn't recommended because Gu's biggest damage bonus requires TMGs. The others require you be in very close proximity which doesn't lend itself to Ra's poor evasive options. So the only things left are perfect keeper and CT. Better to tell us what you're looking to do gameplay wise and see if we can come up with something that isn't TOO mainstream.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Jan 9, 2014 at 07:32 AM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

I meant having Ra or Gu as a subclass for fighter, sorry about that. And I've always been a up close n' personal player, but I like to mix it up with ranged damage if I have the option
    PSP2i:

Fi/Br has the same problem as Fi/Gu (or Hu/Gu) in that the majority of its skills are locked to its main weapons. If you had a powerful multi-class katana, you could play like a Br/Fi, but that's just a weaker Br/Hu. Use Fighter weapons and you're just a weaker Fi/Hu.

It's not interesting or unique, you're just the same thing but weak.

That's the big problem with class balance in PSO2. Any class combination that makes sense just isn't nearly as powerful as subbing Hunter instead. Anything else like Fi/Ra or Hu/Fo have next to no synergy whatsoever, so you're basically playing without a subclass at all.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide