Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Great Sage Equaling Heaven

How did people start with the whole legit/dupper thing? Its like raceism in a video game. Why does it really matter?

The Kid In The Helmet
    That K shaped one up North...you know the one

Comparing it to racism is like saying that people of a different race are doing something wrong, either that or your saying cheating isn't wrong. Either way I don't really see how it can be compared to racism. Is disliking criminals racism?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-04-13 19:19 ]</font>

Great Sage Equaling Heaven

in racism, certain people of one race hate people of another race for no reason, just cause their black or white or asian. not that all legits hate duppers and vise versa.

Adicted HUcast (legit player)

racism started by when white people killed and herassed insians (colored) and inslaved blacks because they look like trash..

The Kid In The Helmet
    That K shaped one up North...you know the one

Some people dislike dupers/users because dupes have ruined a very large part of online pso, which is trading and rare hunting since the word rare really hasn't much meaning any more.
    Personally I really don't get angry with people using dupes since that would just alienate myself from about 90% of the online community. But if someone tries to justify the act of duping or using dupes as something thats not wrong I will argue with them.

Adicted HUcast (legit player)

^ there you go and i meant to say Indians

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

On 2003-04-13 19:23, Zeebo wrote:
    racism started by when white people killed and herassed insians (colored) and inslaved blacks because they look like trash..
    WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BLACK PEOPLE LOOK LIKE TRASH?! I'd watch the way you say things man. you're gonna get yourself in trouble with that mouth of yours. and another reminder..spell check.---->harassed<----

P.S. and no I'm not black...

Yeah, I'm sure the first racist was White (cough sarcasm). I think racism is a product of peoples fear, not one specific culture creating it.

Zeebo your such a fucking idiot it's not funny...

anyhow it all started with opinions, and to some people it matters a lot

That's the most idiotic thing I've read in weeks. Jesus, don't you ever read what you write before hitting 'submit'?

Racism exists because some people believe their colour/breed/race is superior to others in human character or ability.

As for the original question, it can't be compared to racism, because as explained, cheaters are cheating, which is breaking the videogame developer's law (see the thing which says not to cheat before you go online? Try reading it). Essentially, you're breaking 'the law' (to the developer's eyes), as such, you would be a criminal.

Now, here, there is a legitimate reason to dislike cheaters.

1. To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
    2. To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

(dictionary.com)

Someone who violates rules deliberately. Do people like such a person?

Okay, looking through the eyes of how a legit would view a cheater hurts. ^_^

[endpost]