Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

On 2003-04-13 19:18, Raist wrote:
    Comparing it to racism is like saying that people of a different race are doing something wrong, either that or your saying cheating isn't wrong. Either way I don't really see how it can be compared to racism. Is disliking criminals racism?
    Actually in a far fetched way it is.

You would be amazed at the hate spewed on both sides of the spectrum that you would wonder if it is a form of racism.

Junkie of all things Castlevania.

We didnt land on Ragol Rock... Ragol Rock landed on US!

The MAN always trying to bring me down by not letting me have my fun. I dont miss wit him, I keep mah bizness MAH bizness. He all up in mah face saying dat legit is the way it be.

No sarcasm intended...

I dupe, and I wont trade with legit people because I respect their wishes (and yes I do ask them if they care if the item is duped before I trade with whoever). The game is old... The game is boring... The game is tedious... Bringing out new weapons/item in holiday drops doesnt make the game last longer. I started both versions (Gamecube and Dreamcast legit.. it was only after months of playing it that it started getting boring so I started to dupe... to liven it back up...

Now.. AR codes are out... and even the duping to me has become a chore (the whole process of begging/trading for other dupes)... so the only way that I will continue to play the game will be offline... and ONLY if I get the AR codes... those codes will give me at the most a whole month before I will just get fed up with the whole game.

It is a lot harder to stay legit than some people seem to believe... You have to watch who you trade at all times... and ask questions.

Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

Actually, he may be right. If you see a level 90 using a BKB, T-J Sword and a Doublecannon all throughout Forest 1, you might assume that he's a duper (even though there is a difference between dupers and dupe-users).

Having any of the usual uber-1337 uber-duped items marks you as somebody who might be a duper or dupe-user. The general stereotype of dupers and dupe-users is that they're foul-mouthed exp hogs who suck at PSO and have to try and make up for their suckiness with dupes. This isn't true, no matter how much people want to believe otherwise.

What's different from racism is that people are prejudiced based on equipment, not on skin colour.

This Legit VS Dupers stuff isn't racism. It's a jihad.

Seriously.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

On 2003-04-15 11:52, Elusive_Llama wrote:
    What's different from racism is that people are prejudiced based on equipment, not on skin colour.
    OH FUCKING HELL THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

Overstater of the obvious...

On 2003-04-15 11:52, Elusive_Llama wrote:
    Actually, he may be right. If you see a level 90 using a BKB, T-J Sword and a Doublecannon all throughout Forest 1, you might assume that he's a duper (even though there is a difference between dupers and dupe-users).

Having any of the usual uber-1337 uber-duped items marks you as somebody who might be a duper or dupe-user. The general stereotype of dupers and dupe-users is that they're foul-mouthed exp hogs who suck at PSO and have to try and make up for their suckiness with dupes. This isn't true, no matter how much people want to believe otherwise.

As I said in an earlier post, you never know what kind of characters someone has. If i give a DB Saber to my lvl 15 char, and a mag I raised myself, would you consider me a duper?? I'm truly tired of people complaining about someone usin a weapon that falls into the mass dupe category, but they have no clue whether or not it was found or duped...

Actually, I would go far as to say that legits are flat out better at this game than cheaters are. For starters, we're not naive enough to believe that we belong in Ultimate Seabed at lv 110 just because we have awesome items.

There are a lot of things that cheaters are, and know what, those can be proven. Here's an example:

Cheaters are immature brats and suck at the game

Prove by: Make a team called no dupes and see if people respect the name of the team. When someone brings in their truckload of dupes, leave them alone in an area and see how long it takes for them to die. When they die, see if they have a scape doll on them.

Conversely, make a team called no legits and see if we respect the name of the team.

If someone is using a BKB, TSUMIRIKI, and DOUBLE CANNON, I'd call that person a cheater 100% of the time, and I'd wager that I'd be right 100% of the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-04-16 04:55 ]</font>

There's a big difference between discriminating against people of a different race and dupers.

For starters, people don't get to pick their skin pigment at birth.

Dupers, on the other hand, chose to dupe and/or use dupes.

Overstater of the obvious...

On 2003-04-15 18:57, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    Actually, I would go far as to say that legits are flat out better at this game than cheaters are. For starters, we're not naive enough to believe that we belong in Ultimate Seabed at lv 110 just because we have awesome items.
    Actually, some people do prefer what we call a challenge... and PSO doesn't offer very much of one, except the later parts of ultimate.

There are a lot of things that cheaters are, and know what, those can be proven. Here's an example:

Prove by: Make a team called no dupes and see if people respect the name of the team. When someone brings in their truckload of dupes, leave them alone in an area and see how long it takes for them to die. When they die, see if they have a scape doll on them.

Conversely, make a team called no legits and see if we respect the name of the team.
    Actually, I've seen dupers that are way better than legits...

If someone is using a BKB, TSUMIRIKI, and DOUBLE CANNON, I'd call that person a cheater 100% of the time, and I'd wager that I'd be right 100% of the time.
    Again, you never know where they got the items. High chances say they are duped, but people can get legit ones... after all, someone had to find one to dupe em.

On 2003-04-15 18:57, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    Arrogance doesn't suit you.

Most of them. Not all.

Again. Not all but a vast majority of them do suck but there are legits I have seen sucking just as much ass as cheaters.

Who's we?

Does that mean I can't use the MKB i found at 0 0 0 0 or how about my Lavis Cannon 35 Dark?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-16 07:48 ]</font>