Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shinureal View Post
    I have a laptop that I use for PSO2 when traveling or going outside, its 2 gb memory, core 2 duo 2.0 gb, ATI 256 mb graphic card, and it runs pso2 flawlessly with low graphics and not bad with level2 graphics. First when it was into Win 7 I got the bug of PCs and NPCs disappearing when I turn the graphics into 2, but after installing Win8.1, the bug is fixed.
    So the point is to use Win8.1, maybe it boosts you lappy a little . And yeah make sure that your Graphic card is properly installed, if not the game wont lunch.
    my laptop is windows vista actually. i got it from a computer store; previous owner broke the screen and was like "i'll get a new laptop instead of getting the screen fixed on this one" so the guys in the computer store fixed the screen and let me have it for $200 or something. the model is Gateway M-6846. (i heard gateway sucks... is it true?) it's a thousand times better than my old computer though. like i can actually have more than 2 tabs open in chrome now holy shit. my processor and graphics card are still shit tho.

Quote Originally Posted by vanille View Post
    Did you change everything or just use the slider?
    Change [Texture Resolution] to Compressed
    Turn off shaders.
    In the third (screen setup) tab, change to [Windowed]
    [Window Size] 640 x 480
    [Maximum Framerate] 30 FPS

You can also try changing you Windows theme to Basic.
    thank you, now i tried all that and it helped a little. i got all the way to after the 2 sega logos but then its just a black screen with a cursor, and after a while i get bsod.

i tried pso2 on my mom's computer too (which is slightly better than mine in some aspects, and worse in others) and it went through the opening videos but then after that pso2 just closes.

PROGRESS! thank you everyone for helping

Quote Originally Posted by Shinureal View Post
    I have a laptop that I use for PSO2 when traveling or going outside, its 2 gb memory, core 2 duo 2.0 gb, ATI 256 mb graphic card, and it runs pso2 flawlessly with low graphics and not bad with level2 graphics. First when it was into Win 7 I got the bug of PCs and NPCs disappearing when I turn the graphics into 2, but after installing Win8.1, the bug is fixed.
    So the point is to use Win8.1, maybe it boosts you lappy a little . And yeah make sure that your Graphic card is properly installed, if not the game wont lunch.
    oh!! also, how do you make sure your graphics card is properly installed?

Quote Originally Posted by yumichii View Post
    oh!! also, how do you make sure your graphics card is properly installed?
    Check for the latest drivers or reinstall by the disc that comes with it.