Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Problem is under the current build, even a female newman Fo/Te is going to do poorly. I had the fortune of having sazan 16 on my newearl and was able to reconfigure her so as not to make me regret spending the money on the character slot over a year ago.

But that's still not keeping up, just treading water and barely at that. try it if you want but most people are telling you not to because they either know first hand or have had to party with that guy and are cringing at the thought of a few waves of 1.2k popping up (assuming you go cast Te/Hu) and a tech explosion flashing on the screen and they had to stop and think "I'd rather have a Gu/Hu spamming elder than this".

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Ultimately, nothing I said was wrong.
    Hi. I play a newearl BR/HU.

Racial base stats don't really matter nearly as much as you think they do, and they'll only mean less as time goes on.
    Yeah cause comparing the best class in the game to one of the worst in an attempt to validate the latter is anything short of insane. You cant say an elf with a tactical nuke and a robot with no legs and a can of silly string are the same.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Jan 15, 2014 at 03:09 AM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Problem is under the current build, even a female newman Fo/Te is going to do poorly. I had the fortune of having sazan 16 on my newearl and was able to reconfigure her so as not to make me regret spending the money on the character slot over a year ago.

But that's still not keeping up, just treading water and barely at that. try it if you want but most people are telling you not to because they either know first hand or have had to party with that guy and are cringing at the thought of a few waves of 1.2k popping up (assuming you go cast Te/Hu) and a tech explosion flashing on the screen and they had to stop and think "I'd rather have a Gu/Hu spamming elder than this".
    More to the point of the thread, and race wars aside, like you said, the relative power of tech-using class combos compared to anything else isn't very good, regardless of your race choice. Maybe crafting will do something about it... maybe lvl17 disks will fix it...

Yeah cause comparing the best class in the game to one of the worst in an attempt to validate the latter is anything short of insane. You cant say an elf with a tactical nuke and a robot with no legs and a can of silly string are the same.
    Doesn't make the point of 'racial base stats barely mattering' any less valid. Did you somehow miss my point? Do you think my newearl base stats suddenly make a difference when I solo XQs as Fi/Hu instead?
    I'm going to keep doing this as long as people missed the point of my post. I assumed you could read.

As a matter of fact, you even supported my point of 'racial stats not really mattering with':
    Problem is under the current build, even a female newman Fo/Te is going to do poorly.
    You've even said it yourself; race has little to do with how well your class performs. Do you and gale get the point of my post now? Do you guys read what I type? It's annoying having to repeat myself when I know I'm being clear.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 15, 2014 at 03:27 AM.

No, that has nothing to do with race and everything to do with forces not being able to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratazana View Post
    BR ≧ GU >>> FI ≧ HU >>> Elysion >>>>> Impenetrable Wall >>>>> Force and Techers
    THIS is what my post supports. Trying to twist my words to suit your purpose isn't going to work.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

No, that has nothing to do with race and everything to do with forces not being able to keep up.

THIS is what my post supports. Trying to twist my words to suit your purpose isn't going to work.
    I'm not twisting your words.

I'm quoting them.

I'm saying race stats has nothing to do with class pecking order, and do not provide game-breaking change.

You agree.

It doesn't matter if cast or newearl Fo/Te. Forces still can't keep up, as you said.

Yet you and gale seem to harp on the idea that stating I'm playing a newearl braver/hunter as if it throws my point out the window, when it doesn't.

And this guy blew stat differences out of proportion while providing no actual help to the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    stupid since cast fo or te is fucking retarded

I ask you again, why are you riding the fact I mention I play a newearl Br/Hu as if my point can be invalidated from that alone? We both know a class will be OP, or a class will be UP no matter the race playing it. What/why are you arguing with me when you don't disagree?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 15, 2014 at 03:50 AM.

Maninbluejumpsuit wasn't ever really comparing classes. He was trying to illustrate (using his own personal example) that in the end, the race you choose won't have a game breaking effect on your character. Sure a cast Fo or Te will be at a slight disadvantage, we all know that... but based solely on the cast, nothing about it is "fucking retarded". Now, playing a Fo or Te as any race right now might be fucking retarded compared to what every other class can do, but that has nothing to do with race choice and everything to do with those classes being lackluster end game.

Alright, i can tell you just want to argue. You win, I give up, I'm not invested enough to to try to unravel whatever mess you're trying to rope me into. goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
    Maninbluejumpsuit wasn't ever really comparing classes. He was trying to illustrate (using his own personal example) that in the end, the race you choose won't have a game breaking effect on your character. Sure a cast Fo or Te will be at a slight disadvantage, we all know that... but based solely on the cast, nothing about it is "fucking retarded". Now, playing a Fo or Te as any race right now might be fucking retarded compared to what every other class can do, but that has nothing to do with race choice and everything to do with those classes being lackluster end game.
    So you're going to gimp yourself further? It's one thing to take a ridiculously op class and pick a race that doesn't push out that last 5%. it's another to pick a horribly underpowered class and then opt to make it any worse than it already is. The funny thing is the only reason i said anything was because the guy was trying to nit pick one tiny point in the clusterfuck of an attempt at balance and act like it has any relevance to what was being said. Force and techer can't keep up, why do something that makes that task even harder?
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Jan 15, 2014 at 04:28 AM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

Alright, i can tell you just want to argue. You win, I give up, I'm not invested enough to to try to unravel whatever mess you're trying to rope me into. goodnight
    The guy who started this, and holds one of my statements against me as if to invalidate a point that he agrees with is telling me I just want to argue.

2k+ posts and you're acting like a troll. Good job, sociable.

So you're going to gimp yourself further? It's one thing to take a ridiculously op class and pick a race that doesn't push out that last 5%. it's another to pick a horribly underpowered class and then opt to make it any worse than it already is.
    OP's race choice was his choice.

He could be doing it because cast parts looked cool for all I care. It's what he wants to do.

I told him what he needs to know about his decision. I'm not going to impose anything on him.

The funny thing is the only reason i said anything was because the guy was trying to nit pick one tiny point in the clusterfuck of an attempt at balance and act like it has any relevance to what was being said. Force and techer can't keep up, why do something that makes that task even harder?
    The race clearly doesn't make a large enough difference since 'newman female fo/te still struggles' according to you. We've all played this game long enough to know that 75 atk is 4-5% extra damage at best depending on stats, which really doesn't matter. The important part is he's a tech-using class, not his choice of race/gender.

Had this been something like WoW where racials actually mattered, this would be a different story.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 15, 2014 at 04:48 AM.

Alright dude, I can tell you're one of those types who thinks typing with a splinter in your finger makes you an expert in adversity. I already gave you your much needed win, do you want a cookie too?

I'm not arguing this any further with you because you appear to be logic impaired.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

Alright dude, I can tell you're one of those types who thinks typing with a splinter in your finger makes you an expert in adversity. I already gave you your much needed win, do you want a cookie too?

I'm not arguing this any further with you because you appear to be logic impaired.
    Devolving into baseless, unprovoked, personal insults?

I don't need a win. I'd like to think I was responding to someone mature enough to carry a conversation, and I've tried about a half-dozen time to illustrate my point to you.

Nythain gets it. You don't. I don't know why.

This is looking like a very thinly-veiled attempt by you to bow out of the convo with your own personal feeling like you won here, and I'm in the wrong.

Sad part is, now that you've done this, you can't take it back. You can't come back in this thread, and simply say 'racial stats does not matter anywhere near as much as your class, nor do they break the game at all'. You'd rather not just agree on that with me (when you and I both know that's the truth), see eye - to - eye on it, shake hands, and be done with it. If you wanted to save face, you coulda've done that instead. No one would think less of you. I'd respect you more if you shown understanding.

Instead, you chose to bash me, and "exit" the thread for the 2nd time. I've seen people pull this too many times on different forums for me to ever take this maneuver at face value again. Sorry.

For me, this was never about winning. I don't know what these forums are for you, but you might want to seriously think about that. I came here to inform someone.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 15, 2014 at 05:23 AM.