Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

At endgame, the difference in race/sex combos doesn't amount to much no matter what you play. A cast is going to have 78 less tatk than a newearl at max level fo/te, which amounts to ~4% damage loss. Not a big deal.

The big difference is the fact that you will be severely lacking in base stats required to equip new weapons. You won't be able to equip a solid endgame weapon until close to level 56/65 fo/te (base 660) with a maxed tatk only mag. I guarantee you that mag is going to take much longer to max out than it will to reach those levels too.

So you're not only doing a slightly lower amount of damage just for being a cast, but you're also locked out from equipping decent weapons, which further lowers your damage output. Should you invest in tatk up to counteract your base stats to equip better weapons, you lose multipliers.

My point was, a br/hu could be mowing things down with a wet paper fan. The stat differences and resulting equipment differences don't really matter when shunka is as ridiculous as it is. Applying the same logic to a cast techer just doesn't work because you're already underpowered as is. Suddenly it's going to matter when you're not getting 3 hit KOs on SH mobs.

Ignoring Maninbluejumpsuit derailing the topic with their victim complex and skewed stance, don't do Techer/Hunter. Just don't. There is literally nothing valuable you could bring to the table, in any capacity. You're at a disadvantage as a Cast Force type, moreso than anyone else playing against type, but you're not going to create a strength by trying to play to your stats. A Techer/Hunter is going to be absolutely terrible no matter who's playing it. 35% damage isn't going to do anywhere near enough to correct that.

I honestly can't recommend you roll a Cast Force at all, but if it's what you want to do, more power to you. Just don't disadvantage yourself more than you already are out of the box by shoehorning yourself into a terrible role.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    At endgame, the difference in race/sex combos doesn't amount to much no matter what you play. A cast is going to have 78 less tatk than a newearl at max level fo/te, which amounts to ~4% damage loss. Not a big deal.

The big difference is the fact that you will be severely lacking in base stats required to equip new weapons. You won't be able to equip a solid endgame weapon until close to level 56/65 fo/te (base 660) with a maxed tatk only mag. I guarantee you that mag is going to take much longer to max out than it will to reach those levels too.

So you're not only doing a slightly lower amount of damage just for being a cast, but you're also locked out from equipping decent weapons, which further lowers your damage output. Should you invest in tatk up to counteract your base stats to equip better weapons, you lose multipliers.

My point was, a br/hu could be mowing things down with a wet paper fan. The stat differences and resulting equipment differences don't really matter when shunka is as ridiculous as it is. Applying the same logic to a cast techer just doesn't work because you're already underpowered as is. Suddenly it's going to matter when you're not getting 3 hit KOs on SH mobs.
    I thought this was a given
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

If it was, this topic wouldn't exist.

well I meant the equip requirements part. It's in the build thread and had been discussed to the point of tears.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Newman or Cast? Decisions, decisions....

Do I want to be 4% stronger or 4% weaker? That's a hard choice. Honestly, I would like to be strong, since that's the whole point of the game and all, but I'm terrible at video games and I don't know how to be good at them, so even if I picked the best race I will still be terrible.

If I'm gonna be terrible either way, I should go with Cast instead. This way, when people complain about how shitty I am, I can use my race as proof that I wasn't even trying to be strong. Yeah, that doesn't sound so bad. Instead of trying to be strong and failing, I will lead others to believe that I don't care about such things. This will help protect my feelings.

*note*
    The above is not how I personally feel. I'm good at video games.
    Quit PSO2

At least casts can wear the elysion without wasting SP or ruining their mag at lv65. Stupid weak ass newmans can't even be the best at their own class. :I Though if you really wanted to be the best FO you would main TE instead and play dewman since they can equip elysion and good talises naturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    At least casts can wear the elysion without wasting SP or ruining their mag at lv65. Stupid weak ass newmans can't even be the best at their own class. :I Though if you really wanted to be the best FO you would main TE instead and play dewman since they can equip elysion and good talises naturally.
    It only takes 7 S-attack on your mag to equip Elysion as a female newman TE/FO. Does that make Dewman or Cast superior?
    Quit PSO2

Hm, no. It just makes Dewman only 20 t-atk weaker than newearls. And most forces would need to buy a new mag to equip the elysion too. And by the time that mag is fully leveled most likely the level cap will rise anyway. ;X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Hm, no. It just makes Dewman only 20 t-atk weaker than newearls. And most forces would need to buy a new mag to equip the elysion too. And by the time that mag is fully leveled most likely the level cap will rise anyway. ;X
    Even if the difference was only 1 tech attack, stronger is stronger. The best race is is the best race, be it by an inch or a mile.
    Quit PSO2