Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Step is the best part of it here. The maxed gear is alright, but it's never why I turn it on. Although, I expected it to empty the gear bar after it cooled off, so it's nice that it leaves it there.

They should rename it to "Step Lovers".

Inb4 they start adding similar skills to all classes.
    New Hunter Skill "Stick Lovers":
    Allows Hunter to Mirage Step for a short period of time after fist pumping.
    Also exclusively increases rod damage by 30%.

Will definitely be a major game-changer.

Techer can be a pretty good boss filler if you sub Force and main dark mastery and have the elysion. But that's really situational and not really practical for mobbing.

I like the wand lover skill, but TE is not good with bossing alone still..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

It's more of a toggle on skill that you use whenever you need it, so I'm not too upset about the cooldown since there are plenty of reasons why you'd want Mirage Escape. Wish the duration was longer though.

Liking the new Ramegid recipe in conjunction with a latent Evil Curst for boss killing, so that helps TE a little.
    Last edited by Arksenth; Jan 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

I tried Te/Hu for a bit.
    It feels like a fix for wand attacks and not much else (ie. makes the AOE smack more effective).
    Doesn't really do anything for the fundamental flaws of the Techer class.
    It's as if its sole aim is to appease Techers, not to make them viable.
    SEGA actually wants people to play Gunner and Braver. Techer? Not so much, it seems.

Maybe it's just me, but simply doing regular attack over and over gets pretty boring too.
    I kept feeling like we should have some PAs to complement the Techs.
    For example, a homing rush attack that can be cancelled into Techs for extra damage.
    The UI isn't really set up for that kind of thing though (no PAs on wands, etc).

How does invulnerability during Wand Lovers step dash work?
    It felt like I was able to dash through enemy attacks easily without any points in dash invulnerability.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 19, 2014 at 12:39 AM.

As fun as Wand Lovers is to use, it's made me realize that rare wands don't have a dex bonus on their striking attacks.

Which is pretty stupid, considering that Techer is supposed to be a hybrid class and what not. I'll be extra peeved if weapons like Bibras Bow and Falclaw have the dex bonus on their tech attacks...

Well, I found myself switching from Te/Fi for Te/Hu because of this update. And I like it.
    I just found that you can't be good at both teching and melee (which is why Te/Fi is preferred usually) without "Techer Mag" everyone keeps talking about. Bravers can totally go mixed and pure thanks to ability to use or ignore Braver Mag, keeping or ruining hybrid nature this way. Techer absolutely needs the same option.

Yes, it's amazing for mobbing and bad for bossing... which is rather weird for a hybrid. All classes have PAs for both multi- and single-target damage (Braver shines yet again). Even Forces have Nafoie and Namegid and non-Te/Fo can't take advantage of those, but why would you play Te/Fo and not Fo/Te then? It becomes rather confusing if you put it that way. Wand PAs would be a great addition to the game, but eh...

Step Attack is quick and very reliable. It's actually better than on most melee weapons. With lv43 Te/Hu it took me around 15 seconds to kill Rockbear in VH NabII just thanks to right timing of Step.
    Last edited by isCasted; Jan 21, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Really? I found the opposite this update, TE/FI has become even more viable than before. 8 PP Sazan (plus fast-cast Zan, Ramegid and Ragrants) has made TE/FI an incredibly sustainable and DPS-capable caster. I'm more interested in using Wand Gear for Zondeel clusters than bosses, though, so I don't really notice the difference between TE/FI and TE/HU for that purpose since damage is so high either way. I've kind of given up on soloing bosses effectively with TE anymore, because no matter how you slice it it's terrible.

I don't really think TE needs Techer Mag since Mags are more about equipping items than they are about additional damage, and with the exception of a few wands, all wands are perfectly equippable at end-game even without any investment into S-ATK. Wand Reactor serves as a perfectly decent equalizer for stats - even with a pure T-ATK spec, I have equal T-ATK and S-ATK at 2100ish for both with Wand Reactor.

Won't disagree TE needs something for bossing to be more well-rounded though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    As fun as Wand Lovers is to use, it's made me realize that rare wands don't have a dex bonus on their striking attacks.

Which is pretty stupid, considering that Techer is supposed to be a hybrid class and what not. I'll be extra peeved if weapons like Bibras Bow and Falclaw have the dex bonus on their tech attacks...
    Wait what, tech casting weapons dont have that damage range boost that regular rares have?

Uhm, I would think they do. My tech damage on FO is very much consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.