Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Goddamn you guys can be depressing.

Everything I've been doing in this game 'cept paying for character slots and quality of life stuff- beats the ever living fuck out of being benched for raids, wiping for 3 hours on the same boss because someone can't fucking dispell or any other number of bullshit.

For me, the Phantasy Star series as a whole has impacted me greatly, so each version brings something new to the table. I'll still never hold 2 in the regards that I hold the first one, or Universe, but I can say I'm relatively enjoying myself. Amongst all the negativity, I'm definitely finding this to be infinitely more enjoyable than a lot of stuff I normally put myself though.

I'm a fucking space robot surrounded by bouncing tits and lasers and shit. Everything is fucking amazing right now.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    Goddamn you guys can be depressing.
    Nah we just became aware of our Stockholm Syndromez Gomez.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Most likely.

It's usually because of the events that are tied to the game, and not the game itself. Any game I play for long periods of time brings a heavy sense of 'saudade'.

PSU was arguably the worst game of the lot, but my memories of it are the fondest because of the people I played were close friends. Years later I was surprised at the feeling I got listening to the Ohtoku City theme.

PSO reminds me of my first actual girlfriend in highschool, and convincing her to play PSO. She ended up outleveling me by the time it was over.

PSPortable reminds me of having my first house with my ex-wife. Trying to save up for PSPs and attempting to communicate with the shoddy chat on the PSP with other players

PSO2 is already making me feel nostalgic. I rarely run Forest anymore, but when I hear the song it reminds me of playing the alphas and betas, which were quite some time ago. Reconnecting with old PSO friends, and using the game as a way to cope with my ex's affair by keeping busy; it was a heavy time.

So all and all, any game I invest time in is going to bring back strong memories. It just so happens that I really like these Phantasy Star games.
    Last edited by Angelo; Jan 18, 2014 at 07:10 PM.

i'll always remember pso2 as "that game that went ahead and wiped peoples hard drives"
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I'll look back on it in 10 years when someone makes server emulation software for this.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    i'll always remember pso2 as "that game that went ahead and wiped peoples hard drives"
    quoted hahaha
    shagia * ship 2 * tumblr

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    I'm a fucking space robot surrounded by bouncing tits and lasers and shit. Everything is fucking amazing right now.
    You make a strong argument.

Also, I still don't understand raiding. When you do it right, it's tedious. When you do it wrong, it's frustrating. What's there to like?
    Last edited by Zorafim; Jan 18, 2014 at 07:30 PM.

The thing is that they are totally different..

“No human beings, regardless of who they might be, want to look directly at their own shortcomings.”
    ― Tatsuhiko Takimoto, Welcome to the N.H.K.

So far, overall I'm enjoying PSO2 more than I enjoyed any of the previous phantasy star games, so most likely, whenever I stop playing PSO2 (I don't see myself stopping any time soon), I'll have more fond memories of PSO2 than PSO or PSU.

PSO, I enjoyed it when I played it, but it never had a lasting appeal to me, I could never play it for more than a few months without getting bored.
    What I disliked the most in PSO was ultimate mode, between how cheap some of the areas are (*cough* megid) and the gap between each area, needing to grind in an area to be able to play further ones confortably, once I reached ultimate PSO would get boring quickly for me.

PSU, had a much more long term appeal than PSO to me, but, with how the lobbies/quests worked, spreading out the already small community, the very slow release of "high" level quests (lvl cap being 160 and highest level enemies being like lvl 140 or something like that?) and the messed up difficulty modes (A difficulty mode with lvl 120+ enemies in a certain quest, S2 difficulty mode with lvl 80+ enemies in another quest), it's a game I don't miss playing at all.

PSPo2/Infinity, only tried the PSPo2 story mode, but, while it fixes alot of flaws from PSU, the PSP (the handheld) just didn't feel very confortable to play in (so, my problem with PSPo2 was not the game itself, but the platform).

PSO2, fixes some problems I had with previous games (finally they got rid of the accuracy/evasion systems, melee and ranged weapons having their own attack stats instead of sharing the same "ATP" stat), and it introduces new problems (like too many things dependent on RNG, and the whole MPA system, I thought it was an interesting idea at first, I liked running into other players mid quests, but I hate how it devolved into mindlessly running in circles), but so far I'm still enjoying it more than both PSO and PSU.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I see myself playing PSO2 much longer than i played PSU, So theres that.
    I am the law.