Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Probably the only thing I will remember PSO2 is the combat since it's the first few MMOs to break away from the old hit-skill-box layout (i know, it's technically not an MMO but Sega is labeling it as an MMO so shut it). Other than that, it probably be the people (like most games) and the character creation.

Pros:
    Spoiler!

Cons: (You all probably already know >_> )
    Spoiler!

IMO, PSO2 should had built of from what PSP2/PSP2i instead of restarting from scrap but then again this is a F2P MMO and as much as we all know, most F2P MMO aren't even that successful in lots of areas (most are now relying on RNG).

Although I'm not playing PSO2 as much as I am when I began, I'm still playing it nearly everyday because I still find the game fun to play. So I really don't see myself stop playing PSO2 in the future unless some other MMO RPG or any RPG games (other than Monster Hunter) that does everything I like bout PSO2 better.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Jan 18, 2014 at 07:48 PM.

I'll remember it fondly, if I don't forget. For my character, for the setting and ideas that PS series has, PSO2 included, and that it is a sci fi action mmo amidst medieval point and clicks, and people that I play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    I'm a fucking space robot surrounded by bouncing tits and lasers and shit. Everything is fucking amazing right now.
    This is pretty much why I continue to play this game.

I think the only thing I'll look back fondly on is it having the best combat (well, at least when it comes to what the player can do) I've ever experienced in an "MMO". Also dress up.

Still more things to look back and enjoy than PSU...of which there was none...

But yeah more than anything I'll look back at this as the perfect example of a game with so much potential squandered for the sake of the almighty ¥.

EDIT: Can't help but wonder if I'd enjoy this more had I come in closer to the end of its life like I did with PSO (came in on EP1&2+ but mainly got into it with BB). This was also part of the problem with PSU, cause vanilla was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    I'm a fucking space robot surrounded by bouncing tits and lasers and shit. Everything is fucking amazing right now.
    This guy knows what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    You make a strong argument.

Also, I still don't understand raiding. When you do it right, it's tedious. When you do it wrong, it's frustrating. What's there to like?
    It's great with a game that has fairly intricate and in-depth mechanics, and a group with a solid core of knowledgeable and fun-to-play-with players. The rest follows from there.

Not to say that PUGs are bad; they can be especially good if critical components are covered by a small group of people who know each other and/or know what they're doing.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

As the game has been getting better the pass updates it makes me hate all the time I spent on the PSP games as well as PSU so theres that. At least PSO and this don't feel like I wasted my time like PSU and the PSP games made me feel.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I will say this game has the best combat system and the best character customization of any game I've played. From now on, I will scowl at my creations and think "Why can't I get her to look like she did in PSO2?" And as I play action games, I will think "Why can't they move as fluidly as PSO2?"

Really, like all Sega games, this game's just got one big flaw that overshadows all the great things about it. If the character strength was well balanced, I would probably enjoy doing just about anything. And if there was something to do, I probably wouldn't mind the balance all that much. Unfortunately, I have what I have and nothing else.

In a couple years? Lol no. PSO2 was fun at first.............but it kinda died off. I tried getting back into it after taking a long break from it after a while, but it failed.

To me it was like >>> Update with new fashion released >>>> logging in to get the cool fashion >>>> then play around with it for 5 mins >>>> then log off. Game looks really nice on my Samsung 40", but the TV and surround sound system can't make it any better.

Sorry, but PSU despite its faults was one of my memorable games. Had a lot of good times with people. Same thing with PSO. PSO2 just never had the same feeling for me unfortunately even though I had some fun moments.

I like to take it for what it is. I played 1000's of hours on DC and GC, never played PSU. When I played the DC version it was the first game I ever played where I could link up with my mates and not be in the same room and play a game. I was amazed by the rare drops and the buzz of finding SPECIAL WEAPONS.

No game has ever really recreated that feeling for me. The thing with PSO 2 is it does rekindle that relaxing feeling in some way. I love the setting, the universe, the sci fi vibe, the tranquil music, the feeling of finding a good upgrade, chatting with a few likeminded souls in a lobby, working out some of the deeper game mechanics, and that is rare to find all those things in a game for me.

it wont surpass PSO as that was my first experience and those always hold more weight, but I appreciate this game a lot, and all the hard work people have put in so people like me can log in and understand a lot of the text, I wouldnt have been able to play this game without the english patches.