Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squall179 View Post
    And what if they chose to sell lower, aware they are making less? Its their own choice. Not yours. Their own. It has nothing to do with if its right or not, and everything to do with people not liking that other people chose to do something different.

Free market. Until Sega says stop, people will do it. You can't do jack shifta about it outside of discuss it on a forum. But, your decision to complain about it in the hopes the undercutters will stop (Protip: They won't)
    But that first sentence of what you quoted...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

And what if they chose to sell lower, aware they are making less? Its their own choice. Not yours. Their own. It has nothing to do with if its right or not, and everything to do with people not liking that other people chose to do something different.
    I answered that.

You can sell it for less, but then you're just sacrificing potential monetary value.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=opportunity+cost
    You can sell it for less. You can do a tap dance when you put it up. That doesn't impact the facts in the slightest: It's worth more.

Free market. Until Sega says stop, people will do it. You can't do jack shifta about it outside of discuss it on a forum. But, your decision to complain about it in the hopes the undercutters will stop (Protip: They won't)
    You seem to think I haven't yet grasped the nature of a free market; you are mistaken. You seem to think I am complaining; you are mistaken.

supply and demand, if people buy faster then undercutters can sell, then the price doesnt chance, if they buy more then it goes up regardless.

I don't always undercut, sometimes if the prices don't seem worth it ill just put an item like photon spheres at a higher price before my shop pass expires and let them get sold when there's a sudden surge in demand and the price goes up to match it.(like when a whole bunch of rares get released).

I like the undercutting. Not necissarily on the PA fragments and such, but on the costumes/accessories it is wonderful.

So continue with the undercutting.

And what if they chose to sell lower, aware they are making less?
    If intentionally done, then it's giving that difference of opportunity cost to whoever buys it.

Which sounds like a noble gesture. A gift for a random stranger trying to improve their gear!

Until, of course, you realize that merchants in games make a huge amount of money from these kind of misguided deals, and are the most likely to be on the receiving end of these transactions, since they're the group most likely to have huge currency reserves.

So, in all likelihood, you're feeding some billionaire who'll then celebrate this occasion by going on forums and laughing at ingame poor people. But hey, it *is* your choice, and if you're okay with it, it is, in fact, your prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    So, in all likelihood, you're feeding some billionaire who'll then celebrate this occasion by going on forums and laughing at ingame poor people.
    Or someone who only does it occasionally on the side to feed their ingame dance and robot part addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Your beliefs have nothing to do with facts.

If someone is willing to pay 100m then that is what it is worth. End of. You can sell it for less, but then you're just sacrificing potential monetary value.

If nobody is willing to pay 100m then that is not what it is worth. If someone is willing to pay 100m, then is sold it, then nobody else wants to buy it for 100m anymore then it is not worth 100m anymore. If it costs 500m to make but nobody is willing to pay 500m then it is not worth 500m.

You don't have to like it, that's just how it is. If you think it's bad in a video game wait until you find your front door.

You guys are taking this way too serious. Supply and demand is outside my door. I resell sneakers. We call extremely expensive sneakers rape price.

In example. the Jordan 10s bobcats came out recently. only cost about 170 but they were selling for about 400 online. I chose to sell them for 350. As long as me and fellow resellers were selling it for 350 it went down to around 350. My belief does matter. The 400 dollar resellers are making no money. Theyre sitting on boxes of sneakers.

Am I getting something wrong? Or were you just being a smart ass? lol

You're explaining basic supply and demand, which actually agrees with the explanation of value/worth instead of contradicts it like you seem to think. There were fewer people willing to pay 400 than there were willing to pay 350. The larger group of people won't touch the sneakers at 400, but the sellers were keeping them that high to maximize profit per unit sold for as long as possible.

Of course, the market will move faster at the 350 mark, which is another way to maximize profit by pushing out units faster, but that's another topic considering the sheer number of factors (were they being bought to be worn? saved? resold? these and many other things factor into this - it's not as simple as 'but i made them cheaper!!!11!!')

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    So, in all likelihood, you're feeding some billionaire who'll then celebrate this occasion by going on forums and laughing at ingame poor people. But hey, it *is* your choice, and if you're okay with it, it is, in fact, your prerogative.
    Hey! I told you already, I only keep a meseta stock of a few hundred million; the rest of it is typically in invested items or buy-resell item stock. Not a billionaire.

But yes by all means, keep putting up all of those cheap items for me to profit off of and imagining that you're helping out poor players. Thanks in advance for the meseta!

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You're explaining basic supply and demand, which actually agrees with the explanation of value/worth instead of contradicts it like you seem to think. There were fewer people willing to pay 400 than there were willing to pay 350. The larger group of people won't touch the sneakers at 400, but the sellers were keeping them that high to maximize profit per unit sold for as long as possible.

Of course, the market will move faster at the 350 mark, which is another way to maximize profit by pushing out units faster, but that's another topic.
    But whats the set value in the game of the items you guys feel are being undercut?

Didnt the players decide the price?