Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Huh... Im going to be sad when this camo is changed, since I like the sound.

Oh well majority should win I guess

It might become a better sound.
    I wonder if the people defending the sound ever considered that.

I don't think it's a matter of majority winning.
    I think that if something is seriously bothering people, it should be changed in some way.
    The sound is making people block/avoid others, and is physically hurting them. That's pretty serious.

Even if it was only affecting a tiny handful of people, it's still worth addressing.
    It's not like it'd take a lot of time or money to fix it so that more people are happy.
    This is different from dumbing down games for casuals, which usually leads to completely different results.

It'd be pretty easy for me to take the current sound and edit it to be acceptable for everyone.
    If we were allowed to mod the game, I would have done so ages ago. I'm not even a sound design professional.
    I'd have probably fixed a lot of shitty clothing clipping and other problems, too.

The last thing a game creator wants is to alienate or polarize players like this sound is doing.
    SEGA's a bit different. I don't think they really care unless a lot of money is involved.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 27, 2014 at 02:59 AM.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=2973

welp they're going to lower the volume
    who wants to bet they'll only lower the firing sound volume and not the collision sound volume

Can they lower the volume of the new costumes as well while they're at it... e_e

I just saw that notice as well.
    They basically said they received a lot of complaints and will adjust the volume.

I don't know if that's going to solve the problem, because just hearing the sound at all makes me feel sick now. Thanks, SEGA.

and thus, the price inflation of Elec-woooblargarglbarh.

I did a lot of MPA today and there was usually one player using the camo. I can see how some people can think it's annoying because it certainly can be. The sound effect is very unique and stands out above all other sound effects, which in itself is a problem, but depending on where you stand, it can be very loud.

It got to the point where I had to ask someone to stop using it. I asked them in both Japanese and English. Of course, they completely ignored me and kept on using it. Some people are just assholes.

Nice to see Sega knows about it and plans to do something. I just hope they actually fix it.
    Quit PSO2

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

I don't see what everyone is bitching about =/ The impact SE sounds pretty cool like you cleared a line trash in a drop puzzle game or them new marble shooters I'm immune to noise thanks to my gaming preference....

Like pretty much every other noise in the game, it's not even noticeable if you're not focusing on it, specifically. I guess most people just can't train their brains to tune it out?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Like pretty much every other noise in the game, it's not even noticeable if you're not focusing on it, specifically. I guess most people just can't train their brains to tune it out?
    ^ Olaf knows best