Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vol Dragon with braver help

I'm trying to do the "More Katana Training!" and i can't find any helpful strategies online to help with the Vol Dragon. I only level 13 but it's really difficult for me. Any advice would be appreciated.

It has rather large openings after its attacks that can be exploited if you don't feel daring enough to just guard its attacks and stay on the offensive constantly. Just keep your distance and move in when it finishes the attack.

You also get a huge amount of free time to beat on it if you break the crystal on its tail while it's fully armored.

Thanks. I'll try to go after his tail next time.

If you are seriously struggling and just want to get it done, be cheap about it. Just kanran kanran kanran run in circles till pp back, kanran kanran kanran... it's a very poor method, and might take a while, but it's idiot proof.

I'd suggest the same as others, destroy the tail when fully armored, learn weak points, get daring a bit, and learn to block/dodge. These tactics will contribute towards your better playing.

Buy shunka; win.

Really though, get shunka. Lock onto the tail, then letterrip until the tail breaks. Once the tail is broken, lock onto the front horn and shunka it till it breaks. If you break the horn while vol is in his tail-in-ground animation, he'll have to restart it, letting you wail on the top horn some. Break tail again, repeat.

Depending on your strength, you can also use 2 Hatou from the front of his leg (that's the distance, angle doesn't matter) and then, spam Hatou from 1/8 of his tail using tps (you don't need to on controller), and get PP back just by normal attacking the tail. I find it far faster than Shunka spam.
    Last edited by Kamekur; Jan 23, 2014 at 05:12 AM.
    -PSO2 JP:
    -Kamekur (taco only) : 70/66/50/0/40/0/70 Fi/Hu - Braver
    -Akane Haruna (dropped):66/31/70/66/0/0/0 Ra/Hu - Gu/Hu
    -Akane Iremi (dropped): 30/49/0/0/70/60/53 Fo/Te - Fo/Fi - Fo/Br
    -茜泉:70/70/75/70/75/75/70/21 not Bo.
    -エリ: 70/45/1/0/1/8/70/1 Br/Hu

You can't consume most Lv9-10 PAs on the player shop at Lv13. Why the hell are you people telling him to buy those?

@OP: I'd say just skip that CO and grind more of Koffie's until you are able to equip subclass. Then go with BR/HU. You should be able to learn Shunka-Shunran (シュンカシュンラン) around level 26/xx.

Everything after that is a cakewalk.

If you really want to fight Vol in your current status though, please tell me you got Katana Combat, Combat Finish and Katana Gear. Those are the three essential tools to solo at the early levels. You can just skip Step Attack and Just Reversal on your skill tree, they aren't important for the low levels.

Quote Originally Posted by dante328509 View Post
    I'm trying to do the "More Katana Training!" and i can't find any helpful strategies online to help with the Vol Dragon. I only level 13 but it's really difficult for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
    You can opt to spam ヒエンツバキ which throws your katana forwards. That puts enough distance between you and the dragon. Additionally, keep aiming for its tail. Most of its attacks are in the frontal direction.

Other than that, Vol Dragon is the point in the game where you need to learn how to guard/parry. You can't go any further in the game unless you learn how to do it through muscle memory.

The best strategy is to leech off friends. however, if you have no choice, learn how your target moves around then strike. The tails attack is pretty slow, it should be easy to unlock Katana Gear from that attack. focus on the tail till it breaks then crush his face for multiple stun. at your level K.Arrow is pretty OP against Vol Dragon. Karan is OP too since the enemy doesn't have much HP.