Ok guys playing pso forever on the gamecube has made me draw many questions about this whole Xbox version. Ok for example lets say i have Pso for the xbox it says xbox live is required to play. Is that just to play the game or is that to play the game online because I'm wondering if i will be able to play my version of pso offline without paying I have no problem with paying to play on line but im wondering if you have to play off line. So correct me if I'm wrong but you have to have both xbox live and a hunter's license to play online. But what do you have to have to play offline just the game and the system? please answer this post A.S.A.P if you guys can...

hm... please correct me if i'm wrong but as things are now, you'll need a valid live-account to play both off- and online.
    on top on that you'll have to pay monthly fee of 9 US$ for your hunters licence to play online.

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

On 2003-04-14 06:17, rena-ko wrote:
    hm... please correct me if i'm wrong but as things are now, you'll need a valid live-account to play both off- and online.
    on top on that you'll have to pay monthly fee of 9 US$ for your hunters licence to play online.
    You're correct!

If you wanna play PSOX offline without XBL, simply get a friend with a valid copy of XBL and have him copy his Live account stuff to memory card and transfer to your Box, and taadaa, no more Live required!

And I, personally, think that the 4.17(or so) dollars extra per month(coming to a grand total of 50 bucks a year, which is free for the first year anyway) is that big of a deal. It's not much more expensive than PSO for the Cube...

to play offline all you need is a xbox live account, no HL is required. If you have a friend who has XBL, you can copy his gamertag to you HD if you only want to play offline. BUT i do believe that characters are tied to the gamertag they were created with. Meaning if you ever decided to go online, you would most likely have to delete them and start over. That's just a guess though, we'll find out in about two days

Not banned

I am a hardcore PSO fan, and I will do anything to play PSOX. I don't have a cable modem, so I bought Xbox Live anyways. There is no way to create an account unless you have a connection via ethernet. So, all I did was go to my friend's house and register my gamertag account there. No, I can play PSOX without a cable modem!

Moral of the story: Do what I did...it helps for people still with a dial-up....

Why did you do that, buy xbox live just to play pso offline? Why didnt you just get a GC instead of the xbox?

My internet is screwed up where my Xbox is. With any luck, you just need to install your XBOX live account, then you're set. If that's the case, then your 56k friends can use your Xbox Live startup disk, and ta-da! Hopefully that's how it'll work... We'll see soon enough (well, not really soon enough, but soon)!

Mayor McCheese

If the US version plays like the JP version, you'll need to set up a Live account. The gamertag is connected to your characters. I'm not sure if the account must active, since most kids dont want to forgo an entire year of Live to test it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-04-14 16:43 ]</font>

I dont see why people are pissed about this... i mean do you really sit there and expect to play PSO offline all the tiem and never get online??!?!?!?!?
    I mean this game sucks offline serioulsy we all know this... so why buy it and play offline? stick to online... any day just unlock stuff offline 2 RUNS TOPS offline.. and do the offline quests... thats about it