Default Need general help with character build (mag,weap,class)

I would like to invest in my character a bit rather than playing just for fun ,
    So I got some questions:

I have a newman using magic (well photon not sure if that is magic since it seems to differ than tech, I am confused)

I like healing but dealinbg dmg as well, and since I am not going to join a big party but only 1 person the only person I support is myself (since the other person takes my character card so she gets the healing wihtout my help)

So is there a talis I could strive for? or wand? (and which?) (talking about advance part of the game yet not 'endgame' since I dun think I can easily get there)
    And how do I equip them (stat based...I have some items I can;t equip, not sure why)

Have not decided about classes yet....I don;t really get the thing of sub class thingy...and skill points for it.

Generally in this game I like dealing nice amounts of dmg with my photons...
    So I guess going less support and more dmg dealing is good for me
    ( again thanks for the character cards )
    Though I like the talis (its pp replenish is really fun) I may still go with wand...
    If I can get a really strong talis and grind it (or whatever it is called...yea I am a total noob I dun upgrade weaps -.-....) I prefer that than a wand but yea I understand going for dmg is going for wand...unless I am wrong.

mag:

Currently I have Lepus going pure tech, again I don;t know if that is what I need.
    I am not pleased with the pure mag last evo look or skill...I'd rather (theoretically, I don;t really understand it) have the kitty.

Do I need to go pure tech O.o ....for weaps I mean.
    First any stat I add to my mag adds it to me as well?
    how does the stat adding via mag works?

What (in general) is the force class....and what is the tech class
    And what is the sub classes vs main class?

Sorry for the rain of noob questions....

A lot of your questions are answered in the build thread.

The Sato (kitty) mag is a special mag that requires an evolution device. You have to buy it from the player shops and it's expensive. you absolutely want to raise tech and only tech on your mag. looks aside, it's important so you can equip later weapons as all equipment requirements are based on a combination of class and stats.

Also, support you'll find is sadly not very valuable in this game. Even at end game, buffs do almost nothing for overall damage and healing/buffing others can prove difficult since you have to charge your spells and with latency being what it is you wont be healing or buffing while there's any action with any reliability. By the time you heal the person you're aiming for chances are they healed themselves.

Lastly, you really should play with groups or you're going to be missing out on a lot of content. Some bosses and areas are simply not soloable - especially as forces which even when everything is perfect still struggle to keep up with the top classes at the endgame I mentioned before.

Pretty sure everything else is covered in the build thread's OP. Check it out.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Everything without a timer is soloable if you're very, very patient.

Quick tips:

Terms:
    - Techs = spells.
    - Force/Techer = casts spells (techs).
    - Techer = mainly exists to supplement Force.
    - Photon = lore-related element, not important.

Mag:
    - Mag appearance is mainly for looks.
    - Make sure you don't accidentally overwrite your mag's PP J trigger action.
    - Caster weapons usually require TATK stat (tech attack), so pure TATK is probably good.
    - More TATK = more damage, equip stronger caster weapons earlier, etc.
    - More DEX = more consistent damage range (more TATK is ultimately better as it raises both damage range and maximum damage).

Techs:
    - Stay away from ice in general, except when enemies are weak to it, or if you need to freeze them.
    - Always try to Just Attack for extra damage.
    - SaZan rank 16 is currently the best all-around tech (wind spell).
    - You should never focus on any single element or tech
    - Zondeel is very important. Use it to suck enemies up (and then NaFoie or something), not for damage (ie. don't detonate it) unless it does significantly more damage.
    - Don't detonate other people's Zondeels.
    - Territory Burst affects Zondeel and support techs, so I recommend getting it.

Weapon:
    - You can just extend crappy weapons to be powerful now. Pick something you like the looks of, or go for something with a good latent (eg. +5% just attack damage or something).
    - If you want more consistent damage, aim for the Advance Quest 10 stars (should be easy).
    - Don't extend 10 star weapons (it'll kill the consistent damage range).
    - Try to master Talis, as it becomes very useful in Super Hard, where casters can't risk taking damage.

Units:
    - If you want to get very high survivability easily, get the bottommost melee lucky rise set from the EXPcube exchange shop (total cost of 30 expcubes) and grind the whole set to +10. Don't extend it, because it'll lose the +6% physical resist on each unit.

How to make a good support bot (ie. you as a "friend partner", not your tiny "support partner"):
    - You can go all-out damage and still have a good support bot.
    - Bot only uses shortcut bar slot 1.
    - On shortcut bar slot 1, put one of each of these: Resta, Megiverse, Shifta, Deband, Territory Burst, Sol Atomizer, Star Atomizer, Photon Blast, Anti
    - On the weapon palette, just have one spell and nothing else. I recommend NaFoie because bots drop it quickly, it has wide range, and big damage at close range. GiBarta or maybe Barta are pretty good for freezing (RaBarta won't work because bot stays away from enemies). NaMegid is good you want the bot to do single-target damage, but they'll waste a lot of time charging.
    - Bot will constantly cast Megiverse in between their attack spells, which tends to also heal themselves.
    - Bot will only cast Resta/Shifta/Deband/Anti and use Sol/Star Atomizer/Anti when they are needed.
    - Get a weapon specifically for bot use, and put lots of stamina on it to boost the bot's HP.
    - Unit stats and affixes don't affect support bot. I think grinding in general does not affect bots, either.
    - I recommend not using SaZan or Zondeel on your bot. They tend to suck some enemies and bosses away at annoying times.
    - Set your bot to lonely so that they stay close to players, instead of running off on their own.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 30, 2014 at 08:33 PM.

Thank you for helping

TaigaUC thanks for the informative reply!