Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default What happened to the Balance Team?

One thing I've noticed about PSO2 is that imbalances eventually get fixed, but they are allowed to exist for a very long time. Is this the case with other MMOs? I honestly don't know.

The game is getting closer to balanced, but a couple of classes, namely HU and GU, still have to overcome huge setbacks to keep up with the other classes.

Namely, HU is just too slow, and his slight increase in power does not offset his slowness.

I don't play GU, but my understanding is that GU has been nerfed too many times, and is only "top tier" in extremely specific situations.

It's frustrating that these injustices are allowed to persist for 6 to 8 months at a time (or more). I thought the balance team was supposed to be vigilantly monitoring the game. Is the balance team just that slow, or do they actually THINK the game is balanced right now?

HU hasn't been "top tier" for almost two years, and every time a new melee class is released, it immediately becomes far superior to HU (Braver was much worse than Bouncer in terms of how OP it was, but Bouncer is still way better than HU). GU's weapon types and playstyle just don't seem to work well in general combat, from what I hear.

Do they think they're done balancing or something? It's far from balanced! When the hell is the next set of balance adjustments? They'd better not think they're finished!

Who knows, FO has been 100% overpowered since Episode 3's introduction and still two times better than everything else in almost every situation, but still not nerfed! _(:3」∠)_ Even Shunka BR got nerfed faster than this and it wasn't even as overpowered as current FO.

I'm pretty sure Sega doesn't care enough. AND doesn't understand enough.
    While some people that can put forward ideas seem to know something about the game I don't think they really get all of it and don't make an effort either.

Either Suganuma (and whoever else regularly plays the game of the people that can put forward ideas) doesn't listen to his play buddies or doesn't care either cause I cannot imagine that the people who play with someone in charge of shaping the game don't talk about their wishes and issues.

Either way some real idiots are in charge.
    They panicked when they realized what ct + banish arrow / vol graptor does but anyone with half a brain should have already realized that when someone brought up the idea of these skills / pas.

Actually reminds me of my own job. We got a bunch of consultants in charge of concepts and I cannot even count how many times they were flustered when I brought up use cases no one ever thought about but that had to be handled.

SEGA lined them up and shot them as punishment for allowing people to beat Magatsu quickly.

Nah I think they went to a better company.

I'm going to deny FO is overpowered until I no longer main one =P

Seriously though, I haven't heard anything from them in a while now. Apparently the odd 'stealth adjustment' makes it into patches every now and then though, but I'm not even sure what those are, either.

Next balance pass should be when Ult Lilipa hits. New PAs but not sure if existing ones will be adjusted. Perhaps in the same way they were done with the Lv17 PA pass.

Apparently some dev mentioned somewhere that they want Force to be OP though, so all is right with the world as far as that goes.

IIRC, they said on the live stream that Suganuma was too ashamed to reveal himself because of his Magatsu failures.
    I dunno if he was in the last live stream (didn't see it) but if not, then for all we know his body could be lying at the bottom of a river.

Speaking of Force imbalance, I was in a TD1 a few days ago, during JP sleeping time so I figured it'd be all shitty EN players.
    It was mostly EN players, but around 80% of the multi turned out to be Fire Forces/Techers. Everything died instantly except Ragne.
    It's kinda sad when I look at the class list for the multi and it's always something like tons of Forces, tons of Rangers or tons of Bouncers.

Or worst is tons of Gunners on Magatsu who like to sit miles away in the sky spamming Elder Rebellion (yes, I'm still seeing this for some reason).
    Is there some secret reason to constantly long-range Elder Rebellion?
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 7, 2015 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Is there some secret reason to constantly long-range Elder Rebellion?
    It's less effort and you can quite easily build 80-100-Chain Elder Rebellion and get 20ish seconds cooldown on Chain with Chain F Bonus so it's not too bad.

I've been experimenting with Elder Rebellion vs Dead Approach - Satellite Aim and in the absence of a DPS meter I'd guesstimate that Sat Aim is better for belly runs and Elder Rebellion with full Chain F Bonus when the WBers can't make up their minds and plant them all over the place. The flap that opens up after a face first breaks tends to block Dead Approach Chains and that means no Chain F Bonus.

Not that it should matter, considering Maggy is getting more ranged resistance. Maybe Gunners might end up being better off as Gu/Fi spamming Dead Approach.

I gave up on Gunner in Maggy though. When I go as non-Ranger I never get WB or the WBer is a troll. Going as FiRa WB bot now until Ra is high enough to go in as main.
    Last edited by Selphea; Mar 8, 2015 at 12:52 AM.

Classes are being designed in a way that the team wants them to be designed. They want HU to be bulky, fighter strong, force to be a total glass cannon etc. Seems they're having trouble with gunner though.

Quite frankly I think HU is fine as a burster and Partisan is my favorite. It does everything I need it to do besides have good weapons. :P
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU