Page 117 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1767107114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1209

It's just outdated. It'd make more sense to update the thread than make a new one entirely. Thread's already basically a class discussion thread like all the others, just with a couple guides slapped on.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Yes, it does.

Well, unfortunately, Tenelfter is 780 T-ATK with an 11% potential that is always active compared to Nebula Wind's 570 T-ATK with 15% during just Rapid Shoot (though the active times don't matter if you only use a bow during Rapid Shoot). 4% isn't close to making up the gap between the two, and Tenelfter is pretty much just passable for tech usage. Nebula Wind would be roughly 6% weaker (just estimating, I can do math if you want a more exact answer), which adds up when you're using Banish Arrow.
    Thanks for the confirmation. 430 Dex is pretty steep for a pre-SH Techer, so it looks like it's worth getting one to level with.

Thread's already basically a class discussion thread like all the others, just with a couple guides slapped on.
    That's why I posted here. There's no other large/substantially-discussed Force or Techer General Topics thread in this section, like there is with all the other classes.

At least, none that seemed to have anything even remotely approaching current info.

It's just outdated. It'd make more sense to update the thread than make a new one entirely. Thread's already basically a class discussion thread like all the others, just with a couple guides slapped on.
    True, but it doesn't help that only Arks and I can update the first four posts. I could use the fourth post for you, if you can supply me with the text to make the post, so you can share your own builds.

These builds are still mostly a personal preference and I won't suggest builds I wouldn't use myself. This is why stuff like bows isn't included in my post. Sure, there are some impressive videos, but they are extremely situational (skill tree, PP amount, predictable spawns, weakness element) and hard to pull off in more 'real world' scenario's like UQs and EQ's. There is a reason you never see people hit 999999 in mpa's, like ever.

But everyone is entitled to think differently. Melee techer originally wasn't very great either during the starting days, but we all liked the way it played so we pushed it to its limits. If there are people that like a wand/bow build, then that's fine. It's just not my cup of tea, so I am not gonna make builds for it. Anyone can of course PM me stuff.

A new thread with more people with a first post could help though.

Actually, whenever I party with Maenara (who is like the only person that posts on PSO-W that actually invites me to party in the first place), she consistently hits past the damage cap in...well, everywhere. Granted, that's Hu/Gu and not Te/Br, but it isn't remotely as situational as you describe. I don't play Te/Br, but I do have a friend that plays nearly every class (barring Hunter and Fighter) as efficiently as they can, and they do pull off Te/Br bow usage in actual play. I'm pretty sure Arksenth has said the same about himself multiple times in this thread too. Te/Br bow usage isn't situational, it's a very real and practical thing to do. It just takes equipment and knowledge of how to do more than hit stuff with a wand. Playing Techer as a wand only class is an outdated playstyle (unless you're Te/Fi).

Good point on the post editing though. If there are more people than myself who wish to partake in writing guides for Techer, then a new thread would actually be necessary for that. Otherwise, I'll take fourth post and try to keep it updated.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yucachann View Post
    Anybody tried Wand/Jet Boots TeBo yet? Feels like an interesting build, but then again I haven't even maxed out Hunter and Braver yet D:
    I play one of those and I'm not to sure on the damage on it since I don't min-max at all. It is very fun to play that is for sure. Shame BO doesn't has that much good skills to support TE imo. The S/D buffs are nice I guess, the fields can also be nice, stance wise I use Elemental Stance maxed out. I just got no clue what to do with the rest of my SP and such. Big issue I have is that there are a fuckton of activate able skills on the BO tree so that eats a lot of your subpalete.

If you want damage I think you should go play TE/BR like everyone says, if you want to play for fun and wand to mix Jet Boots together with Wands then the class combo sure is fun to use, which is the main reason one should pick their classes anyway.

I'm sure some of the others here could help you out more if you want to play TEBO for damage. inb4JBsucks.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

The best way to play Te/Bo for damage is to not play Te/Bo.

Gunner adds almost as much damage. And you can use multi-class Jet Boots for techs without Bouncer sub, so the only thing you get are the PAs...and they're really of no value to Techer. It is a purely for fun class that has no competitive qualities. As you say yourself, you're not sure what to use all your SP for, right? That's because Bouncer's skill tree is trash. It has nothing useful going for it that another subclass doesn't do better. The Fields are of limited usefulness, Techer doesn't really benefit from the S/D skills (wands are best played on the ground and cost no PP), the Stance skills are completely inferior to Hu/Fi/Br Stances, and the rest of Bouncer's skills are geared toward its own weapons. At least with Hu/Fi/Br subclass, you can spend all your SP with certainty that you're getting something useful out of it. That just isn't the case with Bouncer.

I finally got melee te working (barely touched after ep 2 cause I was furious at someone buying an awesome Stina 10 seconds before I did and then reselling for 3 million higher).

My only problem is bossing. I considered getting an Elysion but I don't know how that is still a real solution for bossing.

I heard it was for uncharged Namegid? Cause now Namegid that isn't fully charged is doing downright pitiful damage. I was forced to release after 5.8 seconds or so when fighting cougar and it was under 13k damage for my force instead of the usual 50-65k.

And then I heard TeBr with Katana for bossing is a good idea. But For bossing I need avg stance and max Katana Combat + Finish at least and then max Weak Stance for melee (does Weak Stance Charge offer anything for melee te aside from more damage for the rare cases of using a tech on an enemy weak to it?)

I'd go with this build after shaving off a number of skills.

I put my remaining te points into TB PP Reduction to makes support skills more spammable (zondeel spam ftw) and I got Snatch JA on braver over more points into Katana JA bonus and Katana Gear cause I don't counter that much on Katana (I prefer to dodge, less prone to get screwed over by lag) and I am rather able to fight faster with more i-frames than a little bit of more dmg during KC that doesn't even apply to Finish (not to mention I don't ever wanna be forced to use step attack for quick attacking and get back into my old habits again).

I suppose as Katana I'll need Kenei or Bio Janen? Though about using Aseracta tha I realized I don't use weak stance and Katana at the same time and so I don#t use the potential at all.

Uncharged Namegid was really good because when EP3 hit, the power notation of Namegid was halved to accurately display how much damage it really did, but the Umbral craft recipe was not adjusted, so Namegid was unintentionally buffed. The Umbral recipe was supposed to add roughly 25% more damage, but instead, it was giving roughly 50% more damage. This lead to 100K+ uncharged Namegids. Namegid itself does only 30% of its typical damage uncharged, which is very weak, but Namegid does so much damage charged that even 30% of that is very good for an uncharged tech, and because of its slow charge time, uncharged Namegid spam is actually better DPS, though very inefficient PP-wise.

Now, Namegid's recipe was adjusted so that its damage gain is accurate to how it was pre EP3, and Elysion's been nerfed to 70% instead of 100% damage increase. So uncharged Namegid is mainly good for enemies weak to it, basically.

Te/Br Katana bossing must have been pre-EP3, that hasn't been kicked around as an idea for ages. Between the massive buffs to Techer's melee game and Shunka's nerf, Te/Br has no business bossing with a Katana. Katana usage is mainly Asagiri dashing and Combat Finish for mobs that can't be Zondeel'd.

For bossing as a Te/Br, wand melee and PP Convert + Banish Arrow + tech spam combos are your best methods for bossing. Wand melee easily gets 10K per hit with basic gear.

For your build: Shifta Advance sucks. Don't go past 5 SP. Same deal with Deband Advance, it's even worse. S-ATK Up 1 is better than that investment (that's not to say you should get S-ATK Up 1 mind you!). Grab PP Convert level 10, PP Convert + Banish Arrow + Ragrants is the number one way to kill a darker for a Te/Br, and crafted Ragrants has a 0.3s charge time and 30 PP cost so you're gonna need that PP regen to be fast to dish out damage effectively. No harm in getting it for other elements either, Nazan and Gimegid are pretty good with this strategy too.

Grab dual masteries. Dump everything that you put into Deband to do that. Deband is garbage compared to what you could be doing with a bow.

On your Braver tree, ditch Just Reversal Cover, 7 SP in Katana Combat, everything in the Average Stance tree, and Quick Mate. You've got Resta and Megiverse, you don't need JRC or Mates. And Average Stance is trash when WG triggers Weak Stance for matching weakness element. You want bows for bossing, get a minimum of 3 SP in Rapid Shoot, then max Rapid Shoot Mastery and Rapid Shoot Advance.

Overall, your build should look something like this. There's 8 extra SP on the Braver tree, personally I'd dump them into S-ATK Up 1, but you can also dump 7 into Katana Combat to Combat Finish more frequently. The remaining SP could go into Just Reversal Cover or whatever you'd like. Ideally, you'd have three Techer trees, one for each element, but light is most relevant, so if you only have one available, go for light.

As far as individual weapons to get, Rikauteri is the bow. 1072 T-ATK, Ancient Oath, Fo/Te/Bo equip in addition to Braver. Aseracta and Bio Janen are the best Techer equippable katana right now, though Aseracta is for its Dragon Hunter latent, not Weak Stance.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Dec 15, 2014 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks.
    How about TeHu then, would I just max fury and after that get s-atk up / survivability depending on my taste and fight bosses like I was a hu with SD / Megiverse?