Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Let's not forget that TeBr has access to Bibras Bow for Banish Arrow, too. With stacked Ilbarta, you can pull off some extremely high amounts of damage, even though Ilbarta did get nerfed, it's still extremely strong.
    Vibras Bow isn't equippable by Techer, unless you craft it, but then you'd lose the T-ATK on it. Techer/Braver would need to use one of the weaker T-ATK bows instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Vibras Bow isn't equippable by Techer, unless you craft it, but then you'd lose the T-ATK on it. Techer/Braver would need to use one of the weaker T-ATK bows instead.
    Oh yeah, but I have seen TeBr use Bibras Bow to very good effect anyway. 0_o

Te/br can just use Tenelfter instead of vibras, it has lower t attack but has a weak stance latent to help make up for it.

So I'm guessing Dalz Woleid is still the wand of choice for TD then?

Unless it got a new latent, for damage on darkers 'Loveless One' would be the most powerful, but only by a small margin. Iirc Dalz Woleid has a defense latent that greatly increases survivability.

But I am hoping for a new darkers slayer wand from the toy darkers. A toy hammer doesn't sound unrealistic to me

we got an 8% element weak hit wand 10* with 1090/965 stats outta the update. its probably the best choice for darkers and mechs right now. name is 新光小槌 and is pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Here's one person's pure Melee TE/Br
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24347115
    Hm, I think it would be quite fun to play a melee TE like that!
    What type of Stat/Skill/Weapons would I need to run around like that?

I think my FO is sitting only at a measly 2700~ TATK after Drink+Shifta (No Tree), would this be enough as a TE? Or would I be doing poor damage with only that much? How much stats should I aim for before considering meleeing things (that aren't mobs of 10+) to death?
    Or am I looking at the wrong stat, and should be more concerned about my SATK?

Skill wise, would this be a happy minimum?
    I'd assume the rest of the points would go into;
    Spoiler!

And for weapons, am I right in assuming;
    Spoiler!

Is there anything else I should consider before investing in a melee Techer?

[Edit as a reply to below]
    Oh thanks qoxolg.
    And oops, I thought Weak Stance boosted damage done with the correct element, but after you mentioned that I went to look and I see that it boosts technique damage of the correct element.
    Yeah, I guess average stance is definitely a must!
    Last edited by musicmf; Sep 2, 2014 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine2009 View Post
    we got an 8% element weak hit wand 10* with 1090/965 stats outta the update. its probably the best choice for darkers and mechs right now. name is 新光小槌 and is pretty cheap.
    Awesome! thanks! I am gonna secure a light and lightning one I will grind during boost week

@musicmf:
    For melee TE it's best to invest in S-ATK, because thats where most of them damage will come from.

Your tree looks good. for BR Average Stance is also a must for mob wacking. Weak is more for bosses that usually have easier weak spots to hit. Even with just average stance you will do quite good damage on bosses.

The weapons are still mostly correct.

There is no good machine slayer wand and also no Harukotan slayer wand.

For those I will recommend the new wand Sanguine suggested. It has high stats and an 8% latent, which will be the best for machines (lightning), Darkers (light) and Harukotans (dark I guess?) The rest of the wands suggested are still the best in their category.

So is Te/Fi still the only one worth focusing on T-ATK with, or does a T-ATK focus work well for Te/Hu and Te/Br too? As far as I know, the old argument for S-ATK used to be that wand explosions don't get JA bonuses so they're always weaker than the normal strikes, but that's no longer the case. Shouldn't everyone (except for maybe Te/Br) be focusing on T-ATK since that's where all the damage comes from when Zondeeling? How does S-ATK vs T-ATK compare for each class combination?