Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    If you only manage to hit three times with the initial burst of Zan, Sazan is by all means stronger, but the unique property of Zan is that it boomerangs back to you for more hits, for as much as 14 times - the sickles cancel when they collect back at you, but they also spin around you for a few additional hits, so you can either dodge them for more boomerangs or take advantage of the return to create a small but concentrated point-blanc AoE. Furthermore, each projectile can hit multiple hitboxes on its way out, so with these two properties combined, you can greatly outclass the damage of Sazan by several times. It's one of those techs that TE is in a better position to take advantage of than casting FO - for maximum impact, you need to hug the target of interest, but you're doing that anyway for wand smacks.

Therefore, use Zan angled up on large targets at point-blanc while moving/jumping to best collect/dodge the Zan sickles as needed. It works best in larger areas where you won't hit obstacles with Zan on the way out, but on sufficiently large bosses like Dark Ragne, you won't even need boomerangs to out-DPS Sazan.
    Thank you very much for the tips, but I'm kind of struggling to understand this. If I use Zan point-blank, the boomerangs seem to just disappear straight into the one target, so they don't do any extra hits - from what I can tell, anyway. If I use it at range, I see the boomerangs flying about and returning, but the damage doesn't seem that high and they seem pretty difficult to dodge.

Is there by any chance a video of this technique in action, so I could see the proper method?

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    And Sazan has a suction range that you can't do anything about - either target it at the center of your mob, or use Zan instead in point-blanc. I don't know why you're using Sazan when you're right up against the mob anyway...
    I've been using Sazan just because it seems a stronger technique - and everyone is always talking about how strong it is. I must be doing something wrong though, so I would like to get my head around how to be better with Zan. Would it make any difference if I said I'm using Elysion?

The way it seems to me is, I can just spam uncharged Sazans at an 8 PP cost point-blank for fast DPS, and then melee to recharge my PP. Whereas if I try Zan, I'm forced to charge it (since it's terrible uncharged), which takes time even with a crafted Zan, leaving me vulnerable to attacks - and when it does finally charge and I release it point-blank into the target, the boomerangs disappear immediately and damage just doesn't seem that impressive. I could be mistaken since it's hard to tell the damage exactly with the multiple hits, but I feel like Sazan is doing more.
    Last edited by ZombieFighter9000; Feb 4, 2014 at 12:27 AM.

It depends on how you're hitting them. If you're hitting it angled into the ground point-blanc, they're going to vanish because yeah, the ground counts as an obstacle. Any obstacle will dissipate them. Once you get used to gathering them around you, Zan is going to do much, much more than Sazan especially for bossing.

Yeah, this is why you use Zan lol

I have an Elysion and I still switch over to my Windmill for big bosses, because even if you're not dedicating yourself to boomerangs that kind of shit still happens.

Because of this Wand Gear is boosted by T-atk boosts, Elemental boosts, Striking boosts, Status Boosts and Universal boosts. But is not affected by JA boosts, Tech Boosts, Charge Boosts, Critical Boosts and Weak Stance*
    I don't think wand gear gets any striking boosts from Fury and the fury boosts either. As a TE/HU, my explosion ar by far weaker then my strikes, though there might be other multipliers goin on. I'll try to test it later today.

Wand Lovers really seals the class's feel. I just wish there was a permanently enabled, passive Wand Step skill. I could live without the bonus damage on Wand Lovers full time, but having step is such a deal-maker.
    This. Oh and give us a stance that gives Wand the Sword combo system, which would allow us to guard (and of course give Just Guard). Maybe they could give that stance the much debated Wand PA's. There, we fixed Techer.

Here's a better guide in 3 words:
    Don't do it.
    Nononono, that's not a very good guide at all sir. In a game that's all about offensive, not doing it is highly inefficient. I'd take your guide back to the drawing table because it sucks.

K tnx bye

I've been using Sazan just because it seems a stronger technique - and everyone is always talking about how strong it is. I must be doing something wrong though, so I would like to get my head around how to be better with Zan. Would it make any difference if I said I'm using Elysion?
    Even as a TE/HU, I use Zan on certain bosses. My tactic is locking on a high hit box and then I start circling around the boss trowing charged Zans. By circling around you wil automatically dodge most of the boomerangs.

I've been considering trying out a Fo/Te build with minimum Wand Lovers for occasional mob-smacking. Makes things less dull.
    Might be better to wait until we get more skill points, though.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    I don't think wand gear gets any striking boosts from Fury and the fury boosts either. As a TE/HU, my explosion ar by far weaker then my strikes, though there might be other multipliers goin on. I'll try to test it later today.

Even as a TE/HU, I use Zan on certain bosses. My tactic is locking on a high hit box and then I start circling around the boss trowing charged Zans. By circling around you wil automatically dodge most of the boomerangs.
    You get Fury Stance and Fury Stance Up boosts, for a maximum of 1.51x if you have both Fury Stance and both of the Fury Stance Ups. You don't get JA bonuses or Fury Combo, since they rely on JAs and Wand Explosions cannot be JAed - so that's why it's weaker.

That doesn't work quite as well on TE/FI, but honestly you can just even walk back and forth to dodge them lol.

I have enough skill tree resets banked, so I might just try some testing by getting one skill at a time. I need to reset my HU tree anyway, since I got step attack, which wasn't needed.

Visual demonstrations pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Visual demonstrations pls.
    I will try to work on that for at least the TE/HU part, though I am not the most skilled player out there, so any videos from others are very welcome. I am also still figuring out which screen recording works the best.

For now I only got one video up with a show of the various wand explosions.