Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Devolution dial-up modem emulation on Wii

Well, I finally got around to getting this set up on my Wii last night. It requires you to have a USB HDD or SD card with a few gigs of open space, and you must have the original disc. I was able to successfully connect to a few servers, and even joined a game for a little while. This was very exciting to me, as I was never actually able to play the GC version online, even though I had spent 100's of hour playing it in split screen. I've even read in the latest updates, you're able to plug in a USB keyboard and use it for typing in-game.

What are your thoughts? Do you think this has the potential to bring some GC players back into the community? Is this something that people would be interested in a tutorial for?

I'd love a tutorial for something like this since I have all the required stuff but have no idea how to go about it, but I don't think the rules for the forum permit it.

Ah, I see that it is against the rules to explain how to connect to a public server. I will seek some other places to share what I have learned. I could technically explain how to use Devolution without any mention of said servers, but that's a line I probably shouldn't walk.

I'll try and type something up and post to a few other PSO communities out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    Ah, I see that it is against the rules to explain how to connect to a public server. I will seek some other places to share what I have learned. I could technically explain how to use Devolution without any mention of said servers, but that's a line I probably shouldn't walk.

I'll try and type something up and post to a few other PSO communities out there.
    its okay to make you-tube video guide and distribute it on other PSO Private Server. How ever you CAN NOT distribute it here. its okay to share knowledge with other threw your video guides .. just don't post it here.. its that simple

TIP don't do text/music guide... the can be annoying lol just mic it with your voice if your planing on doing a video guide also I best recommend to test its on wii-u system because soon wi-fi will end in may for the original wii console
    Last edited by JCGamer; Mar 20, 2014 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCGamer View Post
    its okay to make you-tube video guide and distribute it on other PSO Private Server. How ever you CAN NOT distribute it here. its okay to share knowledge with other threw your video guides .. just don't post it here.. its that simple

TIP don't do text/music guide... the can be annoying lol just mic it with your voice if your planing on doing a video guide also I best recommend to test its on wii-u system because soon wi-fi will end in may for the original wii console
    Wi-Fi on the older Nintendo consoles isn't ending... Wi-Fi is a wireless data connection between the console and your router, either to connect to the internet or to set up a WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network). Nintendo WFC (Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection) is what's ending, which is basically just a connection to their servers for game match ups etc, and honestly shouldn't contain the trademarked name "Wi-Fi" at all. Nintendo consoles, unlike their Microsoft counterparts, do not require a connection to the company's servers in order to access the internet; As such, Devolution will remain unaffected, as will any other Homebrew service that utilizes the internet that does not utilize Nintendo WFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroniedon View Post
    Wi-Fi on the older Nintendo consoles isn't ending... Wi-Fi is a wireless data connection between the console and your router, either to connect to the internet or to set up a WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network). Nintendo WFC (Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection) is what's ending, which is basically just a connection to their servers for game match ups etc, and honestly shouldn't contain the trademarked name "Wi-Fi" at all. Nintendo consoles, unlike their Microsoft counterparts, do not require a connection to the company's servers in order to access the internet; As such, Devolution will remain unaffected, as will any other Homebrew service that utilizes the internet that does not utilize Nintendo WFC.
    I was only going what nintendo said brah
    that cool and all but still dont hurt to try on the wii-u anyways lol

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

I considered this too, but unfortunately there's currently NO way to play Gamecube games on the WiiU because the WiiU does not support gamecube controllers.

In the future, if the modding scene develops this may change though.

Nintendo did say Nintendo WFC and not Wi-Fi.
    I'm only clarifying it so that somebody reading that post wouldn't get confused over what will happen when Nintendo WFC goes down.

Besides, Devolution can only be launched in Wii mode on the Wii U. Wii U's Wii mode will also be affected by Nintendo WFC shutting down. No one seemed to worry about that... But devolution still wouldn't be affected as it is not connected to Nintendo WFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic_Nessly View Post
    I considered this too, but unfortunately there's currently NO way to play Gamecube games on the WiiU because the WiiU does not support gamecube controllers.

In the future, if the modding scene develops this may change though.
    It doesn't?

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Ninte.../dp/B00BS520SG

I personally use one of these for all my Wii mode VC games, as I was too cheap to go out and buy a classic controller(pro).

And Devolution works fine on the Wii U. There's plenty of tutorials and videos of it if anyone would bother to google it.

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kroniedon View Post
    Nintendo did say Nintendo WFC and not Wi-Fi.
    I'm only clarifying it so that somebody reading that post wouldn't get confused over what will happen when Nintendo WFC goes down.

Besides, Devolution can only be launched in Wii mode on the Wii U. Wii U's Wii mode will also be affected by Nintendo WFC shutting down. No one seemed to worry about that... But devolution still wouldn't be affected as it is not connected to Nintendo WFC.

It doesn't?

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Ninte.../dp/B00BS520SG

I personally use one of these for all my Wii mode VC games, as I was too cheap to go out and buy a classic controller(pro).

And Devolution works fine on the Wii U. There's plenty of tutorials and videos of it if anyone would bother to google it.
    Very nice. I've since seen demos of the bba emulation on Wii and figured it would work on WiiU ( virtual wii emulation mode ), but didn't bother because I didn't know this adapter existed.

I regret selling my gamecube controllers now. Ouch!

Thanks for sharing that link!