Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Mag auto-action?

Any suggestions on what the more useful mag auto-actions are? Mine is currently set to Megid by default because its a Caelum, but I cant help but feel there might be a better attack fot it to be firing off...like exploding light bullet or maybe upper for the utility (though i know mag attacks are pretty infrequent)
    PSO2 - Abaresque 10gu [Female Human]
    HU-28 / RA-34 / FO-30 / BR-34 / FI-8 / TE-49 / GU-54 / BO-44
    Ship 2
    Leader of the ChargeShotBlues

I've read people saying that anything except Upper is good.

Yes. Upper is really annoying, especially if one plays melee, as it launches the enemies away from one while attacking them.

Upper is also annoying if one plays as Ranger; especially during TPS mode.

I actually have Upper on my Pure R-ATK mag whenever I play Gunner, and it synergizes rather well with it: Upper to juggle enemies ---> Infinite Fire; caveat: I do not use TPS mode as Gunner, instead I "lock-on" a lot.

Never played FO or TE, but I can guess that Upper would be annoying too.

As a melee fighter, "Blow" is really good/useful since it knocks down the target temporarily and gives you enough time to eliminate it; it's especially useful if you're low-leveled and facing "tough" enemies that have high HP relative to your DPS. I think "Blow", in general, is applicable to any classes.

Also, I wouldn't depend on a Mag's Auto-Action for inflicting damage, but instead, would rather have it temporarily immobilize targets, so that I can do whatever I want to them.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Feb 5, 2014 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I've read people saying that anything except Upper is good.
    Noted.

Does anyone know the specifics of the r-atk auto attack devices, like if the "regular" dark bullet attack is rapid fire like an assault rifle's normal attack or if its a one shot? or if fire/ice/light/etc. exploding bullet is basically just firing a launcher shell? I mean I'll test what I can but using up excubes is a heart-wrenching task (though I'm trying to figure out what they're good for other than changing your photon blast, mag auto device or snaggin a c-line armor unit).

Thus far I can only confirm that auto-action megid fires an uncharged megid, which I'm assuming is the same case for any other tech that mags can auto-cast.
    Ship 2

I remember researching whether the bullets applied debuffs like poison or burn, and I think I eventually found some JP text saying that they do not.
    I don't know anything about them other than that.

So I've tested Light Bullet, which does a 3 shot burst like an assault rifle, but it does HORRIBLE damage. I mean like my TMs are doing around 100 damage on each shot of a 4 shot burst while my mag is doing 5 per shot...i was hoping it would have more utility than that. anyway do you think explosive bullets would at least flinch enemies like a launcher shot would or should I just go with the universal blow?

EDIT:
    Ok so I took a closer look at the effect of light bullet in a less populated area (as in i went to forest free exploration this time instead of demons of the ocean). Light bullet does not shoot a 3 shot burst. Its a one shot deal, that does around 60 damage per shot which is better than 5 per shot but still not great. It very possibly has to do with how terribly I raised my mag (4 s-atk, 60 r-atk, 50 t-atk, 54 dex, 9 t-def...).
    Last edited by batokage; Feb 5, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
    Ship 2

The techs are the best for their chance to inflict status. Even just giving a mag megid for the one in a million chance to poison a dran would be more helpful than the alternatives.

I like the knockdown attack, but that messes with fighter stances sometimes so that can be almost as annoying as the lift attack. I really, really wish they'd add an ordinary stun action because that won't interfere with stances OR lift an enemy out of your attack.

Lately I've been using ratk and tatk mags the most though, so it's been grants and fire bullet. They're nice, grants messes stuff up and fire bullet looks pretty. I hear good things about megid too, and foie sounds decent for fighters with chase if it happens to spread.

I just recently tried out dark exploding bullet, which at least looks a bit cooler than light bullet. It's also a one shot type. The "exploding bullet" does have a blast radius, fitting somewhere in between an uncharged megid and an uncharged rafoie. Damage is slightly higher than light bullet (60-80 damage on enemies not weak to dark) and it does flinch enemies like a launcher shot, which of course means it doesn't do much to enemies with super armor. The intervals between shots seems like its roughly the same, if not a little slower than light bullets.

Am I wasting my excubes? or using them justly to help the community/satisfy my own curiosity? There doesn't seem to be anything else worthwhile to use em for imo now that I have a better PB.
    Ship 2

Drop boost +250%